Belinda Stronach

tml12

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I at one time favoured her to lead the Conservatives over Harper, as I was sure she had proven business sense. I was very disappointed at her switching to the liberal side and how she did it, but if her constituents can forgive her for that, then I guess I can do so as well.

I can see her trying to run for liberal party leader, if Martin resigns, but I do not think she will make it in the liberal party for quite some time. he has the time and the money to wait it out though. I am not too sure she has the temperment to do so. I guess time will tell.

As a conservative I would have loved to see her bite the bullet.

She whored herself for a cabinet post. That was one of the more disgusting political moves in a long time. It's one thing to have a fundamental disagreement with your party and leave it. But, I don't think there's any doubt she left for that cabinet post. Just disgusting and another good reason why an accountability bill is so badly needed.

Should an MP want to leave their party that's fine. But if they want to swtich parties, a by-election should be required. And such an MP should be restricted from holding any cabinet post until the next national election.

I wish she does run for the Liberal leadership, and I would join the entire Tory executive in breathlessly but silently hoping she wins the leadership. I'd join the Liberals briefly just to vote for her. The only better leader from a Tory perspective would be Sheila Copps.

If you watch her in any unscripted debate, it doesn't take long to relalize Belinda is not the brightest bulb in the Xmas tree string of lights.

I hope she runs and wins the Liberal leadership. :o:D

You know if it was a Liberal minority again, I was hoping Martin and Harper would step down and be replaced by McKay and Stronach.

THAT would be a campaign... :lol:

You guys are all idiots, I admire Belinda for standing up for her beliefs and they were not the same as Stephen Harpers, but of course you are all so blinding by him and the conservatives that you do not see that do you, enjoy it while you can, because they will never get the majority they want, 1 1/2 years is all he will get... the real Stephen Harper will show himself soon, not the fake one during the election, but the real one of last year, now that he has his precious power... then all you idiots that voted for him will see.

A PROUD LIBERAL

You guys are all idiots, I admire Belinda for standing up for her beliefs and they were not the same as Stephen Harpers, but of course you are all so blinding by him and the conservatives that you do not see that do you, enjoy it while you can, because they will never get the majority they want, 1 1/2 years is all he will get... the real Stephen Harper will show himself soon, not the fake one during the election, but the real one of last year, now that he has his precious power... then all you idiots that voted for him will see.

A PROUD LIBERAL

Be thankful that your party lost. Then they can rebuild and have ideas instead of hate to sway Canadians with.

She whored herself for a cabinet post. That was one of the more disgusting political moves in a long time. It's one thing to have a fundamental disagreement with your party and leave it. But, I don't think...

And therein lies the crux of the problem.

And the only poll she'd have a chance with would be on a stage.

And you're probably still wondering why central Ontario and Toronto voters think big "C" Conservatives like you are social neanderthals.

She whored herself for a cabinet post. That was one of the more disgusting political moves in a long time. It's one thing to have a fundamental disagreement with your party and leave it. But, I don't think...

And you're probably still wondering why central Ontario and Toronto voters think big "C" Conservatives like you are social neanderthals.

good on you chimera ... nuff said ... maybe he just needs to dig a little deeper into facts and not listen to what the media says as the TRUTH and try to find an opinion... but of course a party that changes it's right wing platform to a more moderate platform in a year is kind of strange as well, maybe it was just to entice votes like him... have no disbelief that the real platform will arise hicksey

A PROUD LIBERAL

Good for you, I'm glad to see you engaged and passionate.

Can you tell me how much it costs to join the Liberal Party?

I definitely want to vote in their leadership race, though I will struggle mightily to choose between Belinda and Sheila. Maybe if it is only $10 or so I could just join twice.

not going to dignifiy this with a comment, you are just being sarcastic, so keep supporting your conservatives.

Steprocks

You seem bitter about Harpers win. Is this because the liberal feeling of entitlement has now gone sour? I will stand and say you have a right to disagree, and opposing opiions are welcomed, just try taking some pepto to cure that acid. :rolleyes:

Martin was as dirty as all the others in the adscam affair, and now that he is gone it will not be hard to prove it. Why do you think the quick meculpa on election night, by him resigning as leader. It will be followed by a by-election for his seat quite soon as well. The biggest rats on the liberal ship make sure they have exit plans.

Once Harper gets his accountability act in place and the Auditor General and Ethics Commitee have the powers to go beyond governments own books but into lobbiests books and all others having done business with the government, you will see why the Liberals are lucky they now have a chance to clean up and go out into the wilderness for a while and try to come back again all new.

We saw this once before when the liberals took over from Mulroney and thwe scandals that just about killed the conservative party back then. Well turn about is fair play and now it is the liberals turn to be the ball, and not the bat. And boy have they left us with a lot of evidenceto search and destroy with. It is not that I love conservatives, as I do not. I really hated Mulroney to the point that if he was killed I would have voted for justifiable homicide. But I must admit 90% of that hate came in the last 6 months of his term. Kim Campbell was just not made of the right stuff in my own opinion. So please remember this is a chance for the liberals to rebuild without losing too much in public. ecause there is one hell of a lump of dirt under the rugs to be sweep out and looked at. You can be proud to be a liberal but lets see what you say in a year. :rolleyes:

:D Well done to all party candidates for running - thanks for the great laughs. During this election it was mainly the liberals who were the supplier of the jokers. They kept coming out with one comedian after another that the other parties could not match. When 'Bonehead' Buzz came onto the federal stage it was almost too much for me...he was aptly supported by such stooges like Blindsiding Belinda and Scottie "how does my make-up look" Brison. Thankfully the election is over & I can resort back to wearing normal underwear instead of Depends undergarments which I had to wear to stop those embarrassing moments when I pissed myself laughing hahahahahaha.

Are you suggesting voters in Toronto are somehow more caring, more moderate than voters in Kingston or Ottawa? Or could it be all those ethnics in Toronto, a city where more than half the population is foreign born?

Hey, I'm not the one who whored myself for political gain. I call a spade a spade. I don't care if Toronto doesn't like it either.

Whichever way she goes, Liberal->Conservative or as she did Conservative->Liberal, the net result is the same.

That's not being a social neanderthal at all. But apparently thinking that there comes a point where people must do for themselves is. Everyone wants a nanny state. It's sad really.