The Economist: Trump Poses the Biggest Danger to the World in 2024

2 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

I'm actually trying to remember if there was ever a case of there being single term presidents back to back like that, i'm not sure there has been.  And with trump being 'single term' this time but also LAST term I wonder if it will tend to throw off the us's history of  alternating parties for 2 terms each time. Usually it's dems for 2, Reps for 2, and so on - but the "second" term this time will have to be someone else other than trump even if he wins, so that'll be interesting.

On the one hand it seems quite unstable to change presidents every 4 years, but on the other, 4 years is an extremely long time for a country to be subjected to the kind of mismanagement that Biden is guilty of. 

I guess the real culprit is America's inability to put forth reasonable candidates. Maybe it's just a shithole democracy lol. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

On the one hand it seems quite unstable to change presidents every 4 years, but on the other, 4 years is an extremely long time for a country to be subjected to the kind of mismanagement that Biden is guilty of. 

I guess the real culprit is America's inability to put forth reasonable candidates. Maybe it's just a shithole democracy lol. 

Only an extreme partisan IGNORANT Canadian would mistake the current term's economy and accomplishments as mismanagement. 

Objective evaluations are that Biden has the greatest accomplishments since FDR.

Despite a razor-thin majority in Congress after the 2020 election, Biden has racked up a formidable record of domestic legislation. His first two years are accurately described by The Atlantic as “among the most productive of any president in the past half century”.

Like Johnson and Truman, Biden’s years in the Senate have given him an appreciation of how to get legislation through. His administration has passed a $1tn bipartisan infrastructure law as well as the largest package of climate measures in US history, embedded in the misleadingly named Inflation Reduction Act.

Biden has also passed important healthcare reforms and the Chips Act to boost domestic production of semiconductors. There has been a modest tightening of gun control legislation, progress on student loan forgiveness and billions of dollars in aid for Ukraine.

5 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

That might possibly not be not true :)