The Truth about the Poll funds.

Only one of many lies that Harper has told. He's starting to reveal his true nature.... liar, mean-spirited and don't give a rats a** for Canada.

As for his other lie that Martin registered his ships outside of Canada so he wouldn't have to pay Canadian taxes..... where the f does Harper expect an INTERNATIONAL company to pay it's taxes?????

Martin had an INTERNATIONAL company with 15 ships registered in Canada and it's headoffice in Canada but other ships were registered and running out of other countries and the taxes were paid to the country where the ships are registered.

Why can't Harper and his Cons get their minds around this concept... INTERNATIONAL companies pay taxes all over the world.

Elementary.

Only one of many lies that Harper has told. He's starting to reveal his true nature.... liar, mean-spirited and don't give a rats a** for Canada.

As for his other lie that Martin registered his ships outside of Canada so he wouldn't have to pay Canadian taxes..... where the f does Harper expect an INTERNATIONAL company to pay it's taxes?????

Martin had an INTERNATIONAL company with 15 ships registered in Canada and it's headoffice in Canada but other ships were registered and running out of other countries and the taxes were paid to the country where the ships are registered.

Why can't Harper and his Cons get their minds around this concept... INTERNATIONAL companies pay taxes all over the world.

Elementary.

Elementary? No convenient.

Convenient like the Toronto Dominion bank who pays taxes in the Bahamas because they have branches there.

And convenient like international companies who operate in Canada and pay taxes here.

Or didn't you know that that is how the international community works?

The lies were told to Canadians when money was being taken from them because the liberals felt they were entitled to it.

The mean-spiritedness comes from the Liberals stealing what so many Canadians break their backs working for.

Not giving a rats @$$ about Canada is sticking it to the taxpayers then thumbing your nose at them when you're called on it, instead of gracefully stepping down to preserve trust in the government.

Still doesn't make Harper's statements true.

Doesn't make me any less sick of hearing pure tripe about Harper. Worthless opinion spewing like saying he's "mean-spirited and hates Canada" has no place in rational discussion.

Fair enough. I can agree with that. Not to say I don't enjoy a giving a verbal jab now and then.

You are right though, as adults we should be able to behave better.

Bravo HP. Bravo.

It is truly splitting hairs on this one. How would you have liked Harper to phrase his statement at the press conference in a good-spirited Canada loving way?

Fair enough. I can agree with that. Not to say I don't enjoy a giving a verbal jab now and then.

Bravo HP. Bravo.

It is truly splitting hairs on this one. How would you have liked Harper to phrase his statement at the press conference in a good-spirited Canada loving way?

His statement was still a lie. It is not splitting hairs. Figures a "comment" right off topic would come from you.

Convenient like the Toronto Dominion bank who pays taxes in  the Bahamas because they have branches there.

And convenient like international companies who operate in Canada and pay taxes here.

Or didn't you know that that is how the international community works?

It's one thing to pay taxes in the host country that you operate in, but entirely different to purposely move off-shore to avoid taxes and let's face it be more competitive. I'm not even saying that's a bad thing as it's the way many businesses operate with the opportunities presented to them. Paul Martin, CEO of CSL did that- fine. When he moved into the public arena to seek the highest office in the land and starts blathering about "Canadian values", to whose values is he referring? International shipping tycoon or principled politician or more likely, politics of convenience. That dichotomy is something I've had a problem with many politicians and Martin in particular. While I won't miss Martin when he's gone, I know a lot of Liberals will miss him less.

Et tu Brute

It is a perfectly acceptable practice in the shipping industry.

Perhaps but not when you're the leader of a country responsible for trying to attract business to this country and when you're the one responsible for the high taxes. It's totally hypocritical. Just like he talks about the evils of private health care when he himself uses a private health clinic.

It's totally hypocritical.

Actually, it's responsible. The goal of a corporation is to earn as much money as possible for the owners of the company. That's what he was doing. This is just another empty smear.

:lol: Responsible to who? himself? It's a 100% privately held company! You libs are a real laugh.

Responsible to who?  himself?  It's a 100% privately held company!  You libs are a real laugh.

Hey! You're starting to get the hang of this Free Enterprise thing, aren't you? :lol: Adam Smith wrote that when a business operates with the profit motive all citizens benefit. Any supporter of capitalism would recognize this as being the way things should work. . . that is. . . unless they were just trying to smear someone. ;)

p.s. I wouldn't classify myself as a "lib," although I am considering voting Liberal this election. This will be the ninth federal election that I'm participating in as a voter and I have voted conservative every time but twice.

Responsible to who?  himself?  It's a 100% privately held company!  You libs are a real laugh.

Hey! You're starting to get the hang of this Free Enterprise thing, aren't you? :lol: Adam Smith wrote that when a business operates with the profit motive all citizens benefit. Any supporter of capitalism would recognize this as being the way things should work. . . that is. . . unless they were just trying to smear someone. ;)

Gosh I missed that chapter where it says one should encourage high taxation while himself evading those same high taxes he imposes on his people. :rolleyes:

p.s. I wouldn't classify myself as a "lib," although I am considering voting Liberal this election. This will be the ninth federal election that I'm participating in as a voter and I have voted conservative every time but twice.

This is why I say lib and not Lib. ;)

Gosh I missed that chapter where it says one should encourage high taxation while himself evading those same high taxes he imposes on his people. :rolleyes:

This is why I say lib and not Lib. ;)

Welcome back IMR we missed you!

Where were these same PM lovers when he did his elaborate smear campaign on Harper in the last election?

Was all of that just fine??? SCARY SCARY CONSERVATIVES!!

F**king Hypocrits!

THP, a series of Liberal attack ads were leaked before Christmas. Fact.

They have not used them and because they were leaked may not.

I still don't see the problem with factual, critical ads.

What I don't like is the scare images the Liberals used in the last election. Guns point at the screen, young women in the hospital etc.

Here just so you can have that song stuck in you head like I have for the last three days. Hand in you pocket, hand in your pocket, hand in you pocket. The Liberal credit card. ;) Joke or mean spirited attack you tell me. But I do know the song will be stuck in your head. I can't get it out.

Where were these same PM lovers when he did his elaborate smear campaign on Harper in the last election?

F**king Hypocrits!

Hi Leader. Ya I don't understand the insanity of the constant re-election of the Liberals. The best explanation I got was from a Macleans article a while back which described Canadians as willing partners in their own self-deception.

F**king Hypocrits!

Hi Leader. Ya I don't understand the insanity of the constant re-election of the Liberals. The best explanation I got was from a Macleans article a while back which described Canadians as willing partners in their own self-deception.

Brilliant quote...and most definitely true (myself not included because I don't vote Liberal).

Guest eureka

IMR must have been away to collect fresh mud having run out of anything that sticks last time around.

No matter how many times the CSL situation is explaoned to him: no matter how many times the reality of Canada's low taxes realtive to the rest of the civilized world is demonstrated to him, he comes back to throw the same dirt freshly mixed.

There are words for statements of the type he makes.