TX Governor Abbott plans to Pardon Convicted Murderer Daniel Perry as soon as possible

The United States of Vigilantes

Daniel Perry was ready for a confrontation. In Facebook messages, the Texas-based U.S. Army sergeant told friends he “might go to Dallas to shoot looters” and “ might have to kill a few people on my way to work they are rioting outside my apartment complex.” Online, he searched for terms such as “protest tonight” and “protesters in Seattle get shot” and “riot shootouts.” On July 25, 2020, Perry, a white man, was driving for Uber when he drove his car into a crowd of Black Lives Matter protesters in Austin. One protester, a white Air Force veteran named Garrett Foster, approached Perry’s car while legally carrying an AK-47. Perry shot and killed him.

Although Perry claimed self-defense in keeping with the state’s sweeping “Stand Your Ground” law, witnesses said Foster never raised his rifle. Prosecutors argued that Perry simply “couldn’t keep his anger under control,” and on April 7, a jury found him guilty of murder. But Perry’s conviction might not stand for long. Perry has not yet been sentenced, but the state’s Republican governor, Greg Abbott, has already said he intends to pardon Perry for his crime. “Texas has one of the strongest ‘Stand your ground’ laws of self-defense that cannot be nullified by a jury or progressive district attorney,” Abbott said in a statement. “I will work as swiftly as Texas law allows regarding the pardon of Sgt. Perry.” On April 12, days after the verdict had been announced, the New York Times reported that investigators hired by Perry’s legal team had visited some jurors at their homes in an effort to show that they had “relied improperly on information not presented during the trial.”

The Austin American-Statesman reported that the Board of Pardons and Paroles must review the conviction and issue a recommendation to Abbott before he can issue a pardon. Abbott appoints the board’s members, and he perhaps assumes he can influence the board’s proceedings. “It’s what happens in Uganda or El Salvador,” a defense attorney who wasn’t involved in the Perry case told the American-Statesman. Don’t expect Abbott to care. Elements of the Republican Party are embracing vigilante violence with dire implications for its future and the safety of its opponents.

Abbott seeks to appease the far right. Tucker Carlson called Perry’s conviction “a legal atrocity” and invited Abbott to discuss a potential pardon on his Fox News show. To Carlson and his viewers, Perry may be the next Kyle Rittenhouse, who shot three protesters and killed two in 2020. Rittenhouse, who was 17 at the time of the killings, became something of a hero to the right. After a jury acquitted him of murder, Carlson interviewed Rittenhouse and called him “a sweet kid.” He met former president Donald Trump and appeared at events for Turning Point USA, a conservative youth organization. Rittenhouse may see something of himself in Perry. On Twitter, he called on Abbott “to step in and do the right thing.”

When men like Perry can kill with impunity, no one is safe. There will be other killings that Carlson will excuse and conservatives in power will condone. At stake is the right to protest and more: human life, even democracy itself. The streets are one front in a much bigger war. 

Right wingers have lost their minds. ?

4 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

I remember when Arnold Schwarzenegger in your California commuted the sentence of Esteban Núñez, the son of former Assembly Speaker Fabian Nunez. In one of his latest acts, a spit in the face of regular folk, just commutes the sentence because of political connections, what else.  

Commuting a sentence from 16 to 7 years, while reprehensible, is not nearly the same as a complete pardon for murder.

• Like 1

Don’t Daniel Perry was an internet groomer too whose hobby was seeking out underage girls online   Once again the ACTUAL groomers are the Republican heroes.  Plus he confessed that he once confessed that he murdered a homeless person and got away with it

But thia time he murdered a lib and republicans will do anything to pwn the libs  They’ll make a hero and martyr out of this groomer murderer at any cost..

Convicted murderer Greg Abbott wants to pardon sought "chats to meet young girls"

"No nudes until you are old enough": Racist murderer's grooming chats exposed

Former U.S. Army Sgt. Daniel Perry not only fantasized about killing Black people, and admitted to "accidentally" killing a homeless man — he also intentionally sought out kids online for his sexual grooming chats. Those details are all now public, recently appearing in the damning trove of Travis County court documents released during Perry's trial in the murder of 28-year-old Black Lives Matter protester and Air Force veteran Garrett Foster in 2020.

…..

And even though Perry has now been publicly confirmed as a racist murderer who preys on purported 16-year-olds for textbook sexual grooming chatter — Carlson is still awkwardly silent on his own call for Perry's pardon. 

The call for pardon elicited fierce backlash online, where Twitter users called it "sickening."

Days later, a flood of harrowing evidence about Perry surged into the spotlight on Apr. 14, revealing his attempts to find and sexually groom young girls online.

"Included in the tranche of documents the court released after Daniel Perry's murder conviction were sexual communications he appeared to be exchanging with a minor," tweeted Dallas News' Lauren McGaughy. 

The excerpt — from the full 75-page filing, hosted online by the Houston Chronicle — reveals a series of disturbing messages between Perry and contacts.

"Ok so im 16 ill be 17 in 3 months u sure u want me," one user wrote to Perry on Kik Messenger.  

Perry apparently had to consider it.

"What state?" he asked. Adding later, "promise me no nudes until you are old enough to be of age." 

https://www.salon.com/2023/04/21/convicted-murderer-greg-abbott-wants-to-pardon-sought-chats-to-meet-young-girls/amp

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nationalist said:

If I'm not mistaken, the guy who was shot, had a gun aimed at Perry?

Did you even bother to read the article cited? IT SAYS you are MISTAKEN or JUST TROLLING. Again.

Although Perry claimed self-defense in keeping with the state’s sweeping “Stand Your Ground” law, witnesses said Foster never raised his rifle.

On 4/27/2023 at 12:42 PM, robosmith said:

The United States of Vigilantes

Right wingers have lost their minds. ?

1. Your source is full of schit. It's yet another lying left wing Nazi rag.

2. Those BUILD LARGE MANSION (BLM) animals shouldn't have been standing in the way, especially if they were holding guns. They brought it on themselves.

3. While Texas Governor Abbott did the right thing by overturning that clearly biased jury verdict, your NEW YORK PROSECUTOR (the man behind the witch hunt on Trump) RELEASED HARDENED MURDERERS to the streets with no bail.

You have NO room to talk,Adolf.

28 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Did you even bother to read the article cited? IT SAYS you are MISTAKEN or JUST TROLLING. Again.

36 minutes ago, robosmith said:

https://thetexan.news/expert-witness-testifies-protester-garrett-foster-was-18-inches-from-sgt-daniel-perrys-car-when-shot/

He will be rightfully set free. Case closed.

1 hour ago, reason10 said:

1. Your source is full of schit. It's yet another lying left wing Nazi rag.

2. Those BUILD LARGE MANSION (BLM) animals shouldn't have been standing in the way, especially if they were holding guns. They brought it on themselves.

3. While Texas Governor Abbott did the right thing by overturning that clearly biased jury verdict, your NEW YORK PROSECUTOR (the man behind the witch hunt on Trump) RELEASED HARDENED MURDERERS to the streets with no bail.

You have NO room to talk,Adolf.

1. YOU are the ONLY source you present and truly ARE FOS.

2. Your OPINION means NOTHING.

3. As evidenced by the FACT that you don't understand the FACT that Abbott has NOT done the pardon yet.

You have LESS THAN NO room to talk, your childish name calling notwithstanding.

26 minutes ago, robosmith said:

1. YOU are the ONLY source you present and truly ARE FOS.

2. Your OPINION means NOTHING.

3. As evidenced by the FACT that you don't understand the FACT that Abbott has NOT done the pardon yet.

You have LESS THAN NO room to talk, your childish name calling notwithstanding.

You haven't presented any real sources since I arrived here, (and one would think that day might have meant something since it raised the collective IQ of this place 100 points.)

NOBODY'S OPINION MEANS ANYTHING. JUST WHO IN THE FACK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? YOU'RE NOBODY HERE. WE ARE ALL NOBODY HERE. You just hate losing arguments, (female dog.)

2 hours ago, reason10 said:

You haven't presented any real sources since I arrived here, (and one would think that day might have meant something since it raised the collective IQ of this place 100 points.)

Sorry but YOU don't get to define "real sources." Your pattern is the deny ANY source which contradicts YOU.

That qualification is just NOT CREDIBLE, and just makes you look childish. No one here is taking you seriously.

2 hours ago, reason10 said:

NOBODY'S OPINION MEANS ANYTHING. JUST WHO IN THE FACK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? YOU'RE NOBODY HERE. WE ARE ALL NOBODY HERE. You just hate losing arguments, (female dog.)

Never lost an argument to you and it's obvious that really galls you. LMAO

Edited by robosmith

Sorry but YOU don't get to define "real sources." Your pattern is the deny ANY source which contradicts YOU.

I'm defining sources whether you fcking like it or not. I don't give a rat's ass what you think, since you're the dumbest fck here. My pattern presents RELIABLE AND TRUTHFUL sources. You don't.

That qualification is just NOT CREDIBLE, and just makes you look childish. No one here is taking you seriously.

!diots here who dropped out of elementary school do not take me seriously. They didn't take their grades seriously either, which means I'm paying taxes for their welfare checks. But not every one here is as stupid and ignorant as you goose stepping left wing NAZIS.

Never lost an argument to you and it's obvious that really galls you. LMAO

You have never WON an argument with me or ANY mainstream conservative. You do not have the education to do so. You're a child. You can't even stick to the subject of a thread you're such a baby. If anyone DARES disagree with your entitled self, you go into menstrual rage and erupt.

If I had more time on my hands, it would be fun to hang around and just watch how easily you are triggered, son.

I barely have time to discuss the issues here.

Just crawl back under your rock, TROLL.

On 4/28/2023 at 6:16 PM, Nationalist said:

The governor is going to pardon him. Case closed.

The fact is that an assessment of his case in a court of law has determined he’s guilty beyond doubt. A politically motivated pardon doesn’t change that  

A pardon isn’t a statement of innocence or even an assessment of the facts. In the US pardons can be given by governors or presidents to any person for any reason,  or  for no stated reason at all, they are at the full discretion and prerogative of the executive.  And in this case Republicans want to pardon a racist murdering, internet child-lurer just to pwn the libs in their never-ending culture war .  

Edited by BeaverFever

On 4/27/2023 at 12:47 PM, Contrarian said:

I remember when Arnold Schwarzenegger in your California commuted the sentence of Esteban Núñez, the son of former Assembly Speaker Fabian Nunez. In one of his latest acts, a spit in the face of regular folk, just commutes the sentence because of political connections, what else.  

Arnie is Republican

20 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

The fact is that an assessment of his case in a court of law has determined he’s guilty beyond doubt. A politically motivated pardon doesn’t change that  

A pardon isn’t a statement of innocence or even an assessment of the facts. In the US pardons can be given by governors or presidents to any person for any reason,  or  for no stated reason at all, they are at the full discretion and prerogative of the executive.  And in this case Republicans want to pardon a racist murdering, internet child-lurer just to pwn the libs in their never-ending culture war .  

In this case, the pardon is a correction of a poor decision. 

Edited by Nationalist

11 hours ago, NYLefty said:

Hey whatever, it's TexASS. We NYers enjoy the shootem up comedy that TexASS provides us almost daily ????

Do you enjoy things like this as much?

https://www.amny.com/new-york/brooklyn/brooklyn-shooting-75-precinct-april-26-2023/

25 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

In this case, the pardon is a correction of a poor decision. 

No it’s not. All pardons are literally the governor or president saying “legally I can pardon anyone I want without explanation” 

The only people with detailed knowledge about what happened that day and who have heard all the best arguments for his innocence or guilt found him guilty   Everyone else is just making sh-t up for political reasons 

• Sad 1