Government funds Catholic schools but not other religion's schools

45 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Very true.  I'm more loving and merciful to my children than God is to his.  I'm not as petty, becoming incensed enough to slaughter them and their friends because they disobeyed me.  I don't tell my children they deserve nothing, merely because I brought them into the world.  

I became a non-believer because I couldn't wrap my head around a "loving" God who could be as cruel as he's described as being in the bible.  

That is complete nonsense.  God is a merciful and loving God.  You are looking at it the wrong way somehow.

You look at the parts about judgment and ignore the mercy and goodness of God.

The Bible says we are all sinners and fall short of the glory of God.  What do you say about that?

"God Is Merciful: Astonishing Ways God Shows His Mercy To Us

February 28, 2023 by Kenneth Garcia

Can you imagine a life without God’s mercy? Everything we enjoy in this life comes from God’s tender mercies and loving-kindness. He has promised that the mercy and goodness of the Lord shall follow us all the days of our lives. But what is the problem of man that requires God’s mercy, forgiveness, and salvation?

The truth is we are all sinners. We fall short of the glory of God. Sin entered the world through Adam and Eve, and death came through all men. Sin separated us from God, and our life is under the curse of sin and death. But thanks be to God the Father; because of His steadfast love, we obtain mercy. He sent Jesus Christ to redeem the world from the curse of sin and death. He remembers not the sins of our past but according to the mercy seat of God. Now we enjoy the benefits of sonship and the fullness of life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

God Is Merciful: Amazing Ways To Obtain His Mercy (2023) (biblekeeper.com)