The impending and 100% invented by MAGA Republicans Debt Ceiling Crisis 2023

8 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

I don't need to make an excuse to ignore your ranting on abortion. I've been ignoring crazy people for a very long time.

I don't ignore Biden. I don't ignore the Democrats. I just don't agree with crazy MAGA kooks. If the Republicans had a party like they did under either of the Bushes, or even Reagan, and I could vote in the US I'd definitely vote Republican. Even if they have someone halfway coherent and reasonably intelligent like de Santis I could easily be persuaded simply because I detest the Democrats and their identity politics obsession so much. But the MAGA stuff is just too far over on the lunatic right for me to abide.

Then you've been avoiding yourself, and that is your biggest problem. 

No, you just don't agree with "crazy MAGA kooks". You can take or leave everyone else, but for sure you don't agree with the "crazy MAGA kooks" and won't hesitate to join the others (including the woketards) in the daily attacks. ;)

Edited by Deluge

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

And...Did the wall stop working?

It never worked in the first place. There's all kinds of videos of illegals climbing over and through it. And he only managed to get a small section put up anyway since he did absolutely nothing about it his first two years in office. It wasn't until the Democrats took office he remembered he could use the wall as a weapon against them and started harumphing about the desperate need to protect America's border.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deluge said:

Then you've been avoiding yourself, and that is your biggest problem. 

No, you just don't agree with "crazy MAGA kooks". You can take or leave everyone else, but for sure you don't agree with the "crazy MAGA kooks" and won't hesitate to join the others (including the woketards) in the daily attacks. ;)

Ah, it can be a fun diversion for a little time, and it's not like you kooks don't make it easy.

17 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

You seem to have a memory that doesn't extend back more than three years. But I, you know, was alive through the Trump years and saw he and his government do absolutely ZILCH to combat wokeness beyond a few publicity stunts. And even most of them weren't until the election loomed. Like him banning all that CRT bullshit in federal agencies. You know that  federal public servants were being indoctrinated by these mandatory sessions right through his time in office, right? At great cost, too. He likewise did little or nothing to push back against the indoctrination of students in either universities or K-12 schools, despite how much federal funding goes to them. Did the government ever say they would no longer give grants or loans to students taking junk like gender studies? Nope. There were a bunch of things a 'milquetoast' like me could and would have done that your fat diaper baby didn't even think of because he didn't know or care about what was going on and he was too busy shoveling fried chicken down his throat while he conducted flamewars with celebrities on Twitter.

And you seem to be fixated on Trump. Give it a rest. Don't be a tool.

Biden and the democrats have most of the power; they should be the focal point now, not Trump - unless, of course, you truly are a TDS sufferer. ;) 

5 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Ah, it can be a fun diversion for a little time, and it's not like you kooks don't make it easy.

It's more than just a "fun diversion" my little obsessed friend, and we both know it. ;)

Are you receiving medication for your TDS? 

2 hours ago, Rebound said:

Then don’t have an abortion. I’ve never had one. 

Then you've never been guilty of murdering an innocent, unborn, human life. Good for you. 

Thank God abortion's banned in at least some states. 

Edited by Deluge

1 minute ago, Deluge said:

My "opinion" beats the shit out of your "facts".

Point out where it states that the fetus is NOT human.  

Dude, you don’t win an economics argument by claiming that your opinion about abortion makes you right.  One has nothing to do with the other. 

1 minute ago, Rebound said:

Dude, you don’t win an economics argument by claiming that your opinion about abortion makes you right.  One has nothing to do with the other. 

People get off track all the time. It's a natural occurrence. 

Talk about where you think I'm wrong with economics. 

“The issue here is principle: If you accept the idea that you can, in essence, be held to blackmail with the debt ceiling, it will be done again and again. Not to be crass, but it’s essentially negotiating with terrorists who have taken hostages.” — Dean Baker, an economist at the Center for Economic Policy and Research.

400.png

Edited by robosmith

On 5/22/2023 at 11:24 AM, Deluge said:

My opinion beats the shit out of your "facts".

Point out where it states that the fetus is NOT human.  

DNA is NOT ENOUGH to make YOU human. You have to have humanity, which you clearly DO NOT because you want to deny equal rights to WOMEN.

1 hour ago, robosmith said:

DNA is NOT ENOUGH to make YOU human. You have to have humanity, which you clearly DO NOT because you want to deny equal rights to WOMEN.

DNA is EXACTLY what is needed to determine what is human and what isn't. It's how you distingusih between a human and a cancerous blob or chewed bubblegum. 

You see, stupid, murder is not a human right; it's just murder. It needs to be illegalized. 

Edited by Deluge

3 hours ago, Deluge said:

DNA is EXACTLY what is needed to determine what is human and what isn't. It's how you distingusih between a human and a cancerous blob or chewed bubblegum. 

You see, stupid, murder is not a human right; it's just murder. It needs to be illegalized. 

Murder is a legal term. If it's NOT ILLEGAL, it's NOT murder. Duh

Why Trump Wants U.S. to Default on Debt

You don’t need to be a stable genius to know that a bad economy typically hurts the incumbent in a presidential race. And Trump is desperate to get the immunity from prosecution that being elected president would provide him. He’s terrified of what’s coming from Special Counsel Jack Smith. So he’ll apparently nuke the world economy to protect himself.

His MAGA minions in the House of Representatives also understand that voters’ first instinct for an economic crisis is to blame the incumbent president. But just in case that point was missed by the few GOP representatives who still worry a bit about what’s best for the country, Trump’s Truth Social post on Friday was sending them a message. He might as well have written, “I’ll come after you if you vote to raise the debt ceiling.” 

403.png

Edited by robosmith

The poor are being held hostage in the debt ceiling standoff

The moment negotiations over the debt ceiling with House Speaker Kevin McCarthy started, it was obvious President Biden would have to give in to Republican demands for some spending cuts. The question now is how big they’ll be and how long they’ll last.

Here’s what must not happen: Our country’s least advantaged citizens should not be forced to pay the largest price to prevent an economic catastrophe. Making the poor poorer should never happen; it certainly shouldn’t happen on a Democratic president’s watch.

That issue is at the heart of this needless and destructive battle. House Republicans decided to hold the economy hostage to slash assistance for low-income Americans while protecting tax cuts for the wealthy.

That’s a factual statement, not a partisan complaint.

McCarthy (R-Calif.) is not only refusing to put any of the Trump-era tax cuts for the best-off and corporations on the table; he also wants to make them permanent, adding $3.5 trillion to the deficit over a decade. So much for “deficit reduction” as the central purpose of this exercise.

Meanwhile, the GOP’s desire to concentrate cuts on what is blandly called “domestic discretionary spending” would force the heaviest reductions on programs that help the least well-off, such as Head Start and assistance for food, child care and housing. Republicans mercifully say they want to protect veterans’ programs, but that only forces deeper reductions elsewhere.

A revealing example: The House appropriations bill for agriculture released last week guts the 2021 pandemic-era increase to benefits for fruits and vegetables under the Women, Infants and Children program, which the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) reported affect “nearly 1.5 million pregnant, postpartum, or breastfeeding participants and roughly 3.5 million children aged 1 through 4.” 

22.png

3 hours ago, Contrarian said:

⬆️ ? After debt ceiling vote, McCarthy takes a victory lap

With a 314-117 House vote to lift the debt ceiling until 2025, Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) proved he could harness his narrow majority to force President Biden to make policy concessions on issues that are deeply important to both parties.

https://www.axios.com/2023/06/01/mccarthy-debt-ceiling-victory-negotiations

kevin-mccarthy-GOP.jpg?quality=85&strip=all

Republicans claiming a win for "forcing" Biden to negotiate. LMAO

In FACT Biden is moving toward the center for 2024. ?

The Democrat whining on this issue is seriously disingenuous.  It is the job of the republicans to keep spending in check rather than in cheque. So - the dems should be negotiating an agreement over what the money will be used for. If you don't control the house - that is what the public has voted for.  If they wanted no checks and balances on the dems they'd have given them a majority.

Republicans on the other hand will have to justify why they feel refusing to agree to a propsoed increase is legit. Or the public will blame them.

But rhetoric like "They're holding the poor hostage" is ignorant, and it's the kind of bull crap that leads to more instability and the kind of social unrest we've seen.  It's low brow politics.

1 hour ago, Contrarian said:

I thought is the end of time though based on your OP.

That's was like a headline from Salon.com fear mongering. Is what Breitbart does on the other side. 

and if the fear does not come true, there is always an explanation for you dogmatics.

Your ChatGPT is failing you.

With debt ceiling deal, GOP reveals its only real goal was cruelty to the poor

No one should be surprised that the resolution of our most moronic fiscal policy, the federal debt ceiling, involved our stupidest social policy, work requirements for assistance programs.

But that appears to be the case. In negotiations between the Biden White House and House Speaker Kevin McCarthy’s Republican caucus, one of the last sticking points was whether, and by how much, to tighten work requirements for food stamps and welfare.

In coming days, as Congress moves toward votes on the deal, political commentators will thoroughly masticate the question of whether President Biden or McCarthy (R-Bakersfield) prevailed in this deal-making and which of them will be hurt or harmed politically by the outcome.

That’s not a very interesting parlor game. (Personally, I’d go with the judgment of Timothy Noah of the New Republic, who thinks Biden emerges as the political victor and McCarthy’s days as speaker are numbered, thanks to the choler of his far-right wing.)

But there’s really only one way to think about the exercise we’ve just gone through. It was a supreme waste of time.

Republicans showed they were willing to crash the U.S. economy to make some bog-standard complaints about the federal deficit, most of which they created themselves through the 2017 tax cuts they enacted for the wealthy. Their initial negotiating stance was so extreme that they must have known it could never gain Democratic votes in the House or pass the Democratic Senate.

As I’ve written before, if Republicans were really serious about restraining federal spending, they wouldn’t have voted for the tax cuts and budget increases that contribute to the deficit.

Instead, they said the only way to control spending is to refuse to pay the bills they ran up, by refusing to increase the debt ceiling. They lied, and every thinking American knows they lied. So tell me, why did we go through this again? 

1.png

On 5/27/2023 at 12:46 PM, Deluge said:

So you better stop jerking off because according to your definition of “human,” you’re murdering millions of humans every time you squirt.  MURDERER. 

Also, do not ever sneeze or cough again. Do not cut your hair.  In fact, stop breathing, because it’s murder.  

Edited by Rebound
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

What do you mean? Your OP, you said the doom is coming, don't need ChatGPT or a Grammar AI app to type this.

I never said "doom is coming." Clearly Biden averted "doom" by outplaying McCarthy.

I initiate the fast car only when you insist on propaganda. Yet, Republicans with a reasonable McCarthy got things done contrary to what your posts say. Yes, I get that there are more stages, just here to remind you that is not the propaganda that you try to scare people with. You know better.

You've forgotten the original Republican demands, which were DOA. Thanks to Biden's negotiating skills, they were forced to back track. ?

Can't hold up and you point the finger as a mob member that I use a fast car sometimes, like AI. You should too, be better than the CAPS LOCK, however, be careful, you might crash with it if used with 100 % BIAS. 

Your ChatGPT response makes little sense.

What happens the next time Republicans take a hostage?

The simplest way to understand the debt-ceiling agreement is that the two parties were focused on different, orthogonal objectives. Democrats wished to minimize the direct harm of the terms of the deal itself to vital government programs, and especially assistance for the poor. Republicans wanted to establish the principle that holding the debt ceiling hostage is a normal, accepted way to govern.

Both parties got what they wanted. President Biden negotiated the ransom for freeing the debt ceiling down to about the lowest possible level he could have. (As a side benefit, Biden refuted doubts about his capacity, leaving his opponents fuming that they had somehow been “outsmarted by a president who can’t find his pants,” as Representative Nancy Mace paradoxically complained.)

Republicans obtained spending cuts only slightly deeper than what they likely would have won in a normal budget process absent the threat of default, but were able to avoid giving even a token offer to Democrats, preserving their core objective of demonstrating that the only thing Democrats would “win” was freeing the hostage.

In the short run, Democrats have won Biden and the economy a stay of execution. Only in retrospect will we know how dear the long-term cost of the reprieve will be. 

16.png

Next time Biden will kick their asses AGAIN.

45 minutes ago, Rebound said:

So you better stop jerking off because according to your definition of “human,” you’re murdering millions of humans every time you squirt.  MURDERER. 

Also, do not ever sneeze or cough again. Do not cut your hair.  In fact, stop breathing, because it’s murder.  

Sperm, sneezes, coughing or hair doesn't develop into human beings by themselves. Point out where a conservative anywhere stated that any of those things develop into human beings on their own. 

Given the lunacy behind evolution, leftists would be more inclined to make claims like those than we would.