ndp looks good

Howdy, CRAIG:

I checked out your website, where I found this wonderful little snippet in the biography.....

In 2003 Poirier became a founding member of NomadGallery.ca an art gallery dedicated to bring art to the pubic by using public spaces in any given community.

Personally, I care a great deal about the pubic, and find it gratifying that you desire to enlighten the pubic through art.

I, too believe in helping to educate the pubic, and I hold regular book-readings in my home, which are open to the pubic.

These can sometimes get a bit hairy, but in a feel-good way, so I encourage the pubic in my area to join in these readings.

Any and all members of the pubic are welcome to come.

:D:lol::P

Sorry. I really couldn't resist.

And I was so much more gentle than many others here would be.

Howdy, CRAIG:

I checked out your website, where I found this wonderful little snippet in the biography.....

In 2003 Poirier became a founding member of NomadGallery.ca an art gallery dedicated to bring art to the pubic by using public spaces in any given community.

Personally, I care a great deal about the pubic, and find it gratifying that you desire to enlighten the pubic through art.

I, too believe in helping to educate the pubic, and I hold regular book-readings in my home, which are open to the pubic.

These can sometimes get a bit hairy, but in a feel-good way, so I encourage the pubic in my area to join in these readings.

Any and all members of the pubic are welcome to come.

:D:lol::P

Sorry. I really couldn't resist.

And I was so much more gentle than many others here would be.

huhuhuhuhuhuhuh

you said "members"

I think the NDP are an excellent option. They agreed to help tear down Martin's empire when Martin wouldn't give full support to PUBLIC health care.... only lip service.... When Layton demanded Liberals guarantee all new federal funding for health care be guaranteed to go to PUBLIC health care, the Liberals said "Yes, but it doesnt apply to the recently announced $41 Billion increase in health care spending".... They has about a third of that earmarked for private business.... So I'm glad Layton tore him down....

Layton appears to be the only one of the major politicians who is trying to benefit the Canadian public rather than just their own personal and party standings. It appears to be a popular perception....

So more NDP seats will be a good thing to help control the next minority government....

err.

Layton appears to be the only one of the major politicians who is trying to benefit the Canadian public rather than just their own personal and party standings.

If the NDP had a bunch of Ed Broadbent candidates I would agree. However there is only one Ed Broadbent.

Ed Broadbent gets cancelled by Svend Robinson who stole a ring worth more than $50,000. When a convicted thief is one of the NDP star candidates, the party has lost a lot of credibility.

Seriously - I have no idea why they allowed Svend to run... :angry:

Gord, add to that the NDP were willing to sell their votes to the highest bidder and then when the Liberals wouldn't play no more THEN all of a sudden they can see the corruption and vote to bring them down. Meanwhile the Liberals put back the corporate tax cuts they previously rescinded for the NDP. Their word is no good either.

Here's a scenario that struck me as interesting today, if the reformed conservatives win with a minority of the seats, and the ndp was to come second, only what the liberals deserve, who would the remaining liberals support if both the two front runners could form a government with their support?

My bet is that they would form a coalition with the capital C's

The NDP did the smart thing. They were in a position to see some of their policies been implemented, which is the next best thing to being the government. Many people (students, low-income people, etc.)across the country will be benefiting from the monies that the NDP got out of the Liberal govt. Here was an opportunity that they may/may not get anytime soon so they had to take advantage of it.

The NDP were willing to work with the Liberals for the good of Canada until the Liberals decided to return to their snobbish, arrogant ways once again. Since the Liberals weren't willing anymore to listen than the NDP had not other choice. Would you be willing to work with somebody who had no intentions of working with you...I think not.

Gord, add to that the NDP were willing to sell their votes to the highest bidder and then when the Liberals wouldn't play no more THEN all of a sudden they can see the corruption and vote to bring them down.  Meanwhile the Liberals put back the corporate tax cuts they previously rescinded for the NDP.  Their word is no good either.

Gord, add to that the NDP were willing to sell their votes to the highest bidder and then when the Liberals wouldn't play no more THEN all of a sudden they can see the corruption and vote to bring them down.  Meanwhile the Liberals put back the corporate tax cuts they previously rescinded for the NDP.  Their word is no good either.

Jack is looking forward to being a big power broker again, but wouldn't bet on him siding with the CPC. Somehow, if its a minority gov't they will have to work together, we sure don't want another election in another 18 months, but thats the average lifespan of a minority gov't.

If PM Harper can find common ground with the BQ than Jack may be returned to the traditional role of irrelevance.

The CPC is going to have a good year to govern while the Liberals look for a new leader. I can't see Jack having much influence with the BQ and Liberals unwilling to force an election.

Jack is looking forward to being a big power broker again,  but wouldn't bet on him siding with the CPC.  Somehow, if its a minority gov't they will have to work together, we sure don't want another election in another 18 months, but thats the average lifespan of a minority gov't.

I think the NDP are an excellent option.  They agreed to help tear down Martin's empire when Martin wouldn't give full support to PUBLIC health care.... only lip service....  When Layton demanded Liberals guarantee all new federal funding for health care be guaranteed to go to PUBLIC health care, the Liberals said "Yes, but it doesnt apply to the recently announced $41 Billion increase in health care spending".... They has about a third of that earmarked for private business....  So I'm glad Layton tore him down....

Layton appears to be the only one of the major politicians who is trying to benefit the Canadian public rather than just their own personal and party standings.  It appears to be a popular perception.... 

So more NDP seats will be a good thing to help control the next minority government....

err.

Layton only got something from the Liberals because he formed a coalition with them. You know, we keep you in power if you do this and that for us. Why do you think Martin is courting Layton to merge parties and Hargrove is right in there like a dirty shirt. Where would Layton have been had the Conservatives formed this coalition or the Bloc? A vote for NDP is a Liberal vote and a union vote. Watch out Canada cuz if this country is slipping down the heap, it will sink even lower.

If PM Harper can find common ground with the BQ than Jack may be returned to the traditional role of irrelevance.

The CPC is going to have a good year to govern while the Liberals look for a new leader. I can't see Jack having much influence with the BQ and Liberals unwilling to force an election.

Jack is looking forward to being a big power broker again,  but wouldn't bet on him siding with the CPC.  Somehow, if its a minority gov't they will have to work together, we sure don't want another election in another 18 months, but thats the average lifespan of a minority gov't.

Right on, or Write on.

Here we go again with the Bob Rae govt from, the early 90s. People who want to scare others about the NDP will always mention the Bob Rae govt., but they neglect two things.

First, they don't mention the terrible provincial govts in Canada over the years such as the Conservatives' Grant Devine's govt in Sask., in which he ran four straight deficits or the fact that both the Conservatives and Liberals had govts in Newfoundland that have consistently ran deficits since Confederation in 1949.

Secondly, it was bad timing. The NDP were in power when Ontario was still in the midst of a recession that was essentially worldwide. When the Conservatives and Harris won, Ontario was starting to come out of its deficit due to a rebound in the world economy, so no matter what govt. was in, they would see an increase in the economy. In this case, bad luck for the NDP and good luck for the Conservatives.

I saw the NDP in power from close range in Ontario between 1990 and 1995. I t was the "Ship of Fools" in action so I will never believe these clowns can govern a country.