I think there's a wisp of evidence that Pence was pressured to certify the 2020 election

I think there's a wisp of evidence that Pence was pressured to certify the 2020 election

What Mike Dense, er Pence orchestrated was to put us only one triggering event away from possible civil war.

Normally, iinm, it takes two or more elections with instances of voter fraud before partisans can "sell" others on the idea that they will never be able to trust the system to assure a fair election unless the activists take things into their own hands.

By Pence failing to do a 9 day quick review of the nationwide election system, future activists (from any of three motivations or more) can say that the fraudulent 2020 results were the first of the two required compromised election events.

Pence was stupid. 

He should have followed the advice of the 100 nationwide lawmakers who united to formally request Pence take the time to review the system before giving the 2020 election results to Speaker Pelosi and thus certifying to her and the people of this country, that the results are honest and accurate.

And everyone knows there was reasonable doubt.

And anyone who knows how  important an honest, transparent, healthy and well run election system is to our Republic would tell you that no expense should be spared or effort not taken to dispel ANY DOUBTS about the system's integrity which might be used to rig a one trigger any future existential threats.

That's one possibility.

Another is that Pence wasn't  dense. Pence was possibly made an offer he couldn't refuse.

So, he possibly sold Trump down the road, and in the case that this is true, would bear the responsibility for inflicting the greatest potential damage to this country since the first shot was fired at Ft. Sumter.

And if you consider Trump's attitude toward Pence since J6, I think it is consistent with how  I would react if I knew Pence HAD to deliver the bogus results to Pelosi or something very bad would have happened.

I would wish he could have resisted that pressure. But I would know he only did what he had to do.

That's the attitude I detect when I see him speak of Pence.

And that expression is explained by the belief that Pence acted under duress. Otherwise, I would expect more anger or bitterness from Trump.

Edited by DONKIROCK

• DONKIROCK changed the title to I think there's a wisp of evidence that Pence was pressured to certify the 2020 election

I think there was huge pressured into certifying the election.

A Constitution and almost 250 years of democratic tradition.

That's why these Russian trolls are bombarding this board with their Trumpoid support nonsense. The Orange Baby Huey would love to turn the US into a kleptocracy like Russia,