Jump to content

Will Multiculturalism be Canada's Achilles Heel (Downfall)?


blackbird

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

 If you have a conflict of interest you shouldn't take the oath, and dual citizenship shouldn't exist.

immigrants have right of return to the countries they came from

Canada cannot negate someone's foreign citizenship

if you didn't have dual citizenship, you couldn't have immigration, so your position is nonsensical

Edited by Dougie93
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

immigrants have right of return to the countries they came from

Canada cannot negate someone's foreign citizenship

if you didn't have dual citizenship, you couldn't have immi9gration, so your position is nonsensical

Canada can't negate someone's foreign citizenship, but they can require they renounce it before granting citizenship.

Empathize with me here:  How can I have a discussion on allegiance and dual citizenship with someone who has no allegiance to this country and considers themselves a part of another nation such as yourself?  You aren't going to agree with anything I argue because you're a citizen of convenience, which I totally oppose.  IMO as a Canadian you're either in or you're out.  I'm all in on Canada, why shouldn't I as a Canadian demand that everyone one else be too?  If it were up to me I would require you to give up your foreign passport, and since you don't like that you might end up bouncing back home, which is the whole point.  We'll find out who the real Canadians are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Canada can't negate someone's foreign citizenship, but they can require they renounce it before granting citizenship.

Empathize with me here:  How can I have a discussion on allegiance and dual citizenship with someone who has no allegiance to this country and considers themselves a part of another nation such as yourself?  You aren't going to agree with anything I argue because you're a citizen of convenience, which I totally oppose.  IMO as a Canadian you're either in or you're out.  I'm all in on Canada, why shouldn't I as a Canadian demand that everyone one else be too?  If it were up to me I would require you to give up your foreign passport, and since you don't like that you might end up bouncing back home, which is the whole point.  We'll find out who the real Canadians are.

if Canada required immigrants to renounce their citizenship,

then you would only get the most desperate refugees

immigrants with skills in demand, the immigrants Canada needs, would flow to other countries

your brand of Canadian knee jerk authoritarian lunacy is why I'm not all in on Canada

I have as much allegiance to Canada as they do in Quebec

if the Quebeckers are not all in on Canada, I don't see why I should be

they are the ones who founded Canada in 1603

yet Quebec is not even signatory to the constitution, they haven't ratified the Canada Act 1982

if the Province of Quebec,

a quarter of the population

doesn't have to have fealty to the Canada Act,

then neither do I

je me souviens

Edited by Dougie93
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

You're free to think of Canada however you choose.

I think of it the same way they do in Quebec

Canada is no longer a British country according to you

you would require British subjects to renounce their citizenship in order to be "Canadian"

you would require Canadians to renounce their citizenship in order to emigrate from Canada

by your standards, Wayne Gretzky could no longer be a Canadian

by your standards, UK citizen Elizabeth Windsor could not have been a Canadian

thus as a British North American, Canada no longer represents my values nor interests therein

like the Quebeckers, I'm rendered an ethnonationalist by Canada's default

Canada doesn't defend me, my rights, nor my culture

so I think of it as the Confederation which is now a foreign country to me

run by crazy authoritarian lunatics who pass all sorts of nonsensical totalitarian laws

your Canada is the one that now claims that Canada is "racist" and committed "genocide"

your Canada is the one that claims that its own Red Ensign, flag of Ontario, is a "symbol of hate"

your Canada is the one tearing down the monuments to Queen Victoria & John A. MacDonald

your Canada is the one crushing its own loyal patriotic sons in the streets, calling them "Nazis"

that's not my Canada anymore, that's as Justin Trudeau claims, a Post National State

my Canada was seemingly overthrown by the patriation of the Canada Act in 1982

your Canada calls my Canada the "White Supremacist Settler Culture"

why would I have allegiance to your Canada which depises its own people ?

don't blame me that your Canada is burning itself to the ground

I'm still living in my Canada, where I was free and welcome

where my grandfather, RCAF veteran of the Second World War, was a Canadian-American

Edited by Dougie93
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

I think of it the same way they do in Quebec

Canada is no longer a British country according to you

you would require British subjects to renounce their citizenship in order to be "Canadian"

you would require Canadians to renounce their citizenship in order to emigrate from Canada

by your standards, Wayne Gretzky could no longer be a Canadian

by your standards, UK citizen Elizabeth Windsor could not have been a Canadian

thus as a British North American, Canada no longer represents my values nor interests therein

like the Quebeckers, I'm rendered an ethnonationalist by Canada's default

Canada doesn't defend me, my rights, nor my culture

so I think of it as the Confederation which is now a foreign country to me

run by crazy authoritarian lunatics who pass all sorts of nonsensical totalitarian laws

your Canada is the one that now claims that Canada is "racist" and committed "genocide"

your Canada is the one that claims that its own Red Ensign, flag of Ontario, is a "symbol of hate"

your Canada is the one tearing down the monuments to Queen Victoria & John A. MacDonald

your Canada is the one crushing its own loyal patriotic sons in the streets, calling them "Nazis"

that's not my Canada anymore, that's as Justin Trudeau claims, a Post National State

my Canada was seemingly overthrown by the patriation of the Canada Act in 1982

your Canada calls my Canada the "White Supremacist Settler Culture"

why would I have allegiance to your Canada which depises its own people ?

don't blame me that your Canada is burning itself to the ground

I'm still living in my Canada, where I was free and welcome

where my grandfather, RCAF veteran of the Second World War, was a Canadian-American

You don't think the same as they do in Quebec.  You're a British loyalist and want a return to Britain, while Quebec hates Britain and the monarchy.  You want the complete opposite.  Quebecois are still licking their wounds after the Seven Years War, and are still resentful, and so are the natives.

The monarch would get the same choice:  choose your loyalty, and choose wisely.  They'll choose Britain obviously.  Then we could just make the GG the head of state, which would make Quebec happy since they hate the monarchy and feel alienated from Canada because of it, they feel they're still being colonially occupied.  I'm not a totalitarian, I'd leave Quebec and Alberta etc alone as much as reasonable possible, Canadians don't want to live under the grip of a central government all the time, they want to determine their own destiny.

If Wayne Gretzky doesn't want to be Canadian anymore that's his choice, he's barely seems like a Canadian anymore, he married a Hollywood bimbo and sold out south, he won't even bother picking up his Order of Canada a decade later:  https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/why-wont-wayne-gretzky-pick-up-his-order-of-canada/

Most of his accomplishments are Canadian, whatever he does from now on is his choice and not particularily relevant.

Don't worry, you'll probably still be able to live in Canada, you just won't get to vote.  Why would we let someone with foreign allegience have a vote?  It's insane.  Where's that opportunist Michael Ignatieff these days?  Probably back at Harvard.  Where's Lord Conrad Black?

If Canada would attract less skilled immigrants then they'd only attract the ones dedicated to this country.  You sound like a globalist, we shouldn't have to sell out to foreigners.

As for the "British subjects", most of them who were born in the UK that i've known are high and mighty and still think this place is a British colony and are here to civilize the locals.  Get them to choose their loyalty as well, that would be a beautiful day.  Push comes to shove, many of them are British.  If you root for another country over Canada in the Olympics you can go get effed.  What this country badly needs is some more nationalism.  Your issue is that you're a Brit in your mind, you don't see yourself as a Canadian.

Also, a bunch of young punks tearing down statues don't define Canada for me, or a bunch of cowardly politicians, i'll be standing up for this country for the rest of my life no matter what, I'll never surrender to the woke globalist mob of sellouts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Don't worry, you'll probably still be able to live in Canada, you just won't get to vote. 

I'm not worried, the likes of you won't force me out, nobody will bother me

I don't care to vote in Canada, it's a pointless exercise, all the parties are the same, none of them represent me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Also, a bunch of young punks tearing down statues don't define Canada for me, or a bunch of cowardly politicians, i'll be standing up for this country for the rest of my life no matter what, I'll never surrender to the woke globalist mob of sellouts.

your own country already rejects you, declaims you as being an "anti immigrant racist"

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

  choose your loyalty, and choose wisely. 

no reason to

I am perfectly entitled to live,  work,  do business & own property here

without having any particular loyalty to Canada

just like all the immigrants are

Canada hands out passports like hotcakes

Canada is not going to try to take mine away

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

You don't think the same as they do in Quebec.  You're a British loyalist and want a return to Britain, while Quebec hates Britain and the monarchy.  You want the complete opposite.  Quebecois are still licking their wounds after the Seven Years War, and are still resentful, and so are the natives.

the Quebecois place their Bourbonite French culture above the Canada Act 1982

I do the same with my British North American culture

I'm not licking my wounds

George Washington incited the Seven Years War

first he defeated the French

then he defeated the British

and now Canada is just his colony

we will dictate to Canada our terms therein,

as Canada is our vassal state

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

 What this country badly needs is some more nationalism. 

so really you wish you were like American Republicans

but Canada doesn't have the belief, as de facto colonists forever

Justin Trudeau is the poster boy for Canada

he is what Canadians want, a globalist fop to rule them as a dictator philosopher king

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

The monarch would get the same choice:

Justin Trudeau is the de facto King of Canada

he's an absolute monarch

he is above the law

he can commit crimes with imounity

from influence peddling to sexual assault

from seizing property without court order, to having people arrested on false charges

no judge, no prosecutor, no police officer will try to impede him

King Charles III is simply Justin Trudeau's sock puppet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

If Wayne Gretzky doesn't want to be Canadian anymore that's his choice, he's barely seems like a Canadian anymore, he married a Hollywood bimbo and sold out south, he won't even bother picking up his Order of Canada a decade later:  https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/why-wont-wayne-gretzky-pick-up-his-order-of-canada/

 

the Order of Canada ?

your Governor General just handed one of those out to Hollywood bimbo Sandra Oh

 then Justin Trudeau brought her to the Queen's funeral to represent you

the Order of Canada is like a "medal" you get from a bubble gum machine apparently

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Moonlight Graham said:

It's insane.

insanity is doing the same thing over & over again, expecting different results

like being loyal to Canada when all it does is sell you out, over & over

Canada throws its own military & decorated veterans under the bus

you can't really believe that Canada is going to be loyal to you, that would be insane

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

no reason to

I am perfectly entitled to live,  work,  do business & own property here

without having any particular loyalty to Canada

just like all the immigrants are

Canada hands out passports like hotcakes

Canada is not going to try to take mine away

Oh I know.  Quebecois, Canadians born here and/or having foreign allegiance, and the permissive yuppies are the target demographic of the Liberal Party.  I am the racist sexist badman who is keeping them down.  But at least I'm Canadian in my heart and bear true allegiance to her Majesty and her heirs and successors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

the Quebecois place their Bourbonite French culture above the Canada Act 1982

I do the same with my British North American culture

I'm not licking my wounds

George Washington incited the Seven Years War

first he defeated the French

then he defeated the British

and now Canada is just his colony

we will dictate to Canada our terms therein,

as Canada is our vassal state

The US tried to defeat the British/French in 1812.  They burnt down the White House.

Trump tried to dictate to Canada, didn't go far.  I guess the ruling elites will stand up for Canada's interests if it's a white American conservative lol.

I like America, we are friends.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

so really you wish you were like American Republicans

but Canada doesn't have the belief, as de facto colonists forever

Justin Trudeau is the poster boy for Canada

he is what Canadians want, a globalist fop to rule them as a dictator philosopher king

No I don't like the GOP generally, too many foolish arrogant nutbars.

Trudeau has lower approval rating than Trump had, he's not popular.  The Liberals lost the popular vote the last 2 elections, also not particularly popular.  All of the parties in Canada are hot garbage, I'm not alone in that assessment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Justin Trudeau is the de facto King of Canada

he's an absolute monarch

he is above the law

he can commit crimes with imounity

from influence peddling to sexual assault

from seizing property without court order, to having people arrested on false charges

no judge, no prosecutor, no police officer will try to impede him

King Charles III is simply Justin Trudeau's sock puppet

Agree.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Canada is the very thing that sells you out

because it is Canada's very nature to be a vassal to foreign empires

from the British, to the Americans, and next up is the Chinese Communists apparently

I don't disagree.  Canada is a country of loyalists, the anglo Brits, all the loyalists ran to Canada after 1776.  Born to be someone else's b*tch.  Except for Quebec, and the aboriginals etc.

In that way I'm like the Americans and Quebecois.  I don't dislike the royals, they are symbols now and not much more at this point, they don't make policy that oppress anyone anymore, the royals are Canada's b*tch, they defer to the will of Parliament.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,745
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    historyradio.org
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • CDN1 went up a rank
      Rookie
    • User went up a rank
      Experienced
    • exPS went up a rank
      Contributor
    • DUI_Offender earned a badge
      Very Popular
    • exPS went up a rank
      Explorer
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...