Hinshaw (Alberta Chief Medical Officer) testifies in court today

I'm following the court case, brought by the JCCF under lawyer Leighton Grey - she is testifying regarding the restrictions and mandates and whether they were justified.

This court case has been a long time coming, she has been trying to dodge it for almost a year, once claiming she was too busy with the pandemic to come to court and then going on vacation when the trial was supposed to start.

Dr. Deena Hinshaw takes vacation after claiming to be too busy for trial | Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms (jccf.ca)

JCCF lawsuit states that the AB gov has violated the right to peaceful assembly, the right to travel, the right to conduct a business to earn a living, the right to visit family and friends, including having visitors in one’s own private residence, and the right to worship.

I'll post snippets from the trial as I hear of them.

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 2

Grey made Hinshaw admit she has no training in mental health policy, religious and cultural practices, economics and business, sports and recreation policy, university or educational policy or governance, travel and tourism policy, yet her orders impacted all those areas.

Hinshaw admits the measures she imposed caused harm to the public. "We have done everything we can to balance the benefits of containing the illness with the unintended harm of the measures".   (Except it was never contained.)

Hinshaw dances around Grey's question about if she agrees her restrictions hurt the poor more. She admits it did, but avoids taking responsibility. " I agree non-pharmaceutical interventions did impact those with the least resources more".

• Like 1

Grey asks why Hinshaw keeps talking about supporting personal choices in health policy after she issued about 4 dozen edicts that restricted choices and what evidence she considered when making restrictions mandatory and not voluntary. She is describes the restrictions as a "treatment course" for disease at a population level.

• Like 1

Grey asked Hinshaw if masking works.

Hinshaw: We don't know that's a binary. Does the mask stop transmission? Does it minimize the severity of the illness? We have relied on the totality of the evidence.

GREY: I think you just stated that there is not a consensus of opinion on the usefulness of masking.

Hinshaw: The peers I interact with - I believe the majority would agree that universal masking in broad public settings indoor settings would provide an overall benefit.

(I notice her testimony is couched in things like "might be" "could" and "should be" - so yeah, nothing definite, no science being followed.  She relied on "Snitch Lines".  I'm not even kidding.)

• Like 1

Grey asks Hinshaw to point to a study of covid 19 outdoors. Hinshaw does NOT, but points to anecdotal evidence of people who think they might have gotten covid outside with no mask and "talking for a long period of time, or shouting or singing."

Hinshaw admits outdoor transmission is low.

GREY: And yet you made several edicts that limited/prohibited outdoor activities?

Hinshaw: But what if people have to use the washroom indoors? What if the weather gets bad?

GREY: There was never a time when outdoor risk was high? Were you relying on a scientific study when you limited outdoor gatherings?

Hinshaw: We made that recommendation based on local evidence and the context.

"Local evidence" being the snitch lines, I guess.  And I guess that answer is a NO.

Edited by Goddess
  • Haha 1

GREY: "Your restrictions on churches were based on your inferences that singing could be a super-spreader event"

Hinshaw responds that church was never restricted in any way - what a bald-faced LIE!  Tell that to everyone who couldn't attend a family member's funeral.

She also admits that the science of covid dispersal is not fully understood.....yet she was destroying lives like she knew what she was doing.

GREY: Doesn't this graph show that the risk to Albertans from covid is very low? The risk of hospitalizations/death is low, sometimes vanishingly low for the majority of the population, especially under the age of 60.

GREY: We have had very few deaths under the age of 60?

Hinshaw: Yes

GREY: What about under 50?

Hinshaw: All of these lives matter.

GREY: 9 out of 10 Canadians who died of covid had at least one other comorbidity. Is this true?

GREY: I put it to you that given what the data was showing, it didn't make sense to restrict the activities of most of the population, based on what you knew.

Hinshaw: I disagree with that conclusion

GREY: Your orders impacted the liberties of 96% of Albertans who were at no risk of serious health outcomes or death.

HINSHAW: if the hospitals are overwhelmed, healthy people could be impacted by a knock-on effect, if they are not able to access the healthcare system.

GREY: Several studies show the impact of lockdowns was negligible. What do you have to say about that?

Hinshaw: We implemented non-pharmaceutical interventions to stop the worst of what could have happened.

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 1

GREY tries to pin Hinshaw down on obesity as a risk factor for covid and that most people admitted to hospital with covid had a BMI of over 40. He lists all the covid comorbidities that flow downstream of obesity - like cardiovascular, diabetes and renal diseases.

GREY: I can't recall in over 400 press conferences if you ever told people to get their weight under control

Hinshaw: I can't say with certainty.

GREY: Were you afraid you might upset people if you did?

Hinshaw: Obesity is not something that can be changed in short time.

(2 years is a long time to lose weight....just sayin'....like shouldn't the public have been told that Obesity was the #1 comorbidity for dying of covid????  Oh, but we dont' want to hurt people's feelings.....)

Edited by Goddess

5 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Hinshaw responds that church was never restricted in any way - what a bald-faced LIE! 

Are you watching this on TV or listening on radio?

Do you have a clip of her saying that? It's gotta be the silliest lie I heard in a long time. 

GREY hammers Hinshaw on her comments about "young healthy people" being harmed by covid.

Hinshaw: The risk to children is not zero. And kids are impacted by the deaths of older people around them.

GREY: There is no basis for a covid pandemic in young people under the age of 20. It's not supportable by your own data for hospitalizations/death.

Hinshaw: covid 19 infection is not a significant risk to people under the age of 19.

(Yet look what she did to schools.....)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Goddess said:

GREY hammers Hinshaw on her comments about "young healthy people" being harmed by covid.

Hinshaw: The risk to children is not zero. And kids are impacted by the deaths of older people around them.

GREY: There is no basis for a covid pandemic in young people under the age of 20. It's not supportable by your own data for hospitalizations/death.

Hinshaw: covid 19 infection is not a significant risk to people under the age of 19.

(Yet look what she did to schools.....)

Buuuuut, let's get them little kiddies to vaccinate 'caaauuuse....?

Just now, Goddess said:

GREY: The process of distinguishing people who died with covid or of covid can take months?

Hinshaw: It can take months

GREY: Is the number of people who died of covid lower than what was reported?

Hinshaw: It's part of the ongoing checking process.

Months? They say on the news that "x-number of people died of covid TODAY" all the time. 

(Yet whenever a child randomly dies of a heart attack within 72 hrs of vaxing it takes years to name the cause...) 

Just now, dialamah said:

Have only read the first post, but I bet dollars to donuts the "snippets" will be entirely one-sided.  

I've read 1,000 of your posts, and I bet dollars to donuts know that you appreciate the entirely one-sided 'snippets' (aka lies and disinformation) on CTV.

So there's that. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Goddess said:

GREY: We have had very few deaths under the age of 60?

GREY: What about under 50?

Hinshaw: All of these lives matter.

This part is worrisome.  Few deaths under age 60, yet the injuries and deaths from the shots are affecting those under age 60 the most.

So we are forcing people who have almost zero covid risk, to risk adverse reactions that include potential death and permanent disability.

But apparently those lives DON'T matter.

5 minutes ago, Goddess said:

At least it's in the court record.

That's sooo not sexy. 

When you're replying to a post from a leftist wingnut you can't just break out a page full of words, most of which have more than 5 letters, and say "voila!". It's like writing instructions to your dog in swahili. 

4 minutes ago, Goddess said:

This part is worrisome.  Few deaths under age 60, yet the injuries and deaths from the shots are affecting those under age 60 the most.

So we are forcing people who have almost zero covid risk, to risk adverse reactions that include potential death and permanent disability.

But apparently those lives DON'T matter.

Unnecessarily vaxing little Pete IV, and risking his health, to possibly (not at all) save Paul Sr. - 'cuz every life matters. ?