Australia Covid-19: Scott Morrison rules out new lockdowns despite rising cases and Omicron fears

Infidel Dog

"

For two years, Australia avoided the worst of the coronavirus pandemic thanks to strict border controls and prolonged lockdowns.

But Covid cases are now rising rapidly in the country, with the Omicron variant posing a new threat just as states and cities were beginning to loosen restrictions.

On Tuesday, the country's most populous state reported its highest new daily caseload of the pandemic, and Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison called an emergency National Cabinet meeting to discuss the rising infections.

But he said one key message he'll be telling state premiers is a return to lockdowns, tight social restrictions and fines for violating them is not the answer.

"We have got to get past the heavy hand of government and we've got to treat Australians as adults," Morrison said at a news conference in Queensland Tuesday. "We have to move from a culture of mandates to a culture of responsibility. That's how we live with the virus into the future."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/australia-covid-19-scott-morrison-rules-out-new-lockdowns-despite-rising-cases-and-omicron-fears/ar-AAS0GDN

So the Australian Prime Minister is now for flipping Australia's authoritarian restrictions to personal responsibility.

This one's from today:

Scott Morrison insists mask mandates not needed despite health advice to make them compulsory indoors

John Campbell's goes into Morrison's new attitude in detail on YouTube:

I really like this guy's videos. 

He's a voice of calm in all the chaos around this. 

We do now have about a month of real-world Omicron data, and I don't think I've seen any instance of it crippling Hospitals. 

Yesterday the Ontario Top Doc reported that, of 4,500 confirmed cases of Omicron, only 15 required hospitalization and none have required ICU intervention. 

I guess the concern is if Boosters will sufficiently protect vulnerable populations as Omicron spreads throughout the population. 

11 minutes ago, Boges said:

I guess the concern is if Boosters will sufficiently protect vulnerable populations as Omicron spreads throughout the population. 

We need to find excuses to keep up this absurd facade.

You’re doing a good job!

;) 

Edited by OftenWrong

6 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

We need to find excuses to keep up this absurd facade.

You’re doing a good job!

;) 

I'm done with with all this like anyone. 

I'm encouraged by the early Hospitalization data with Omicron. 

Oh wait, you don't want to have a substantive COVID debate, you just want to call people sheeple. Gotcha!!! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Not really, no. I made all my salient points two years ago.

Now I just like to, you know. Sit back and watch you people come around...

Ultimately this pandemic will end. We all knew this. So to act like you knew what's up from the jump is laughable. 

6 minutes ago, Boges said:

Ultimately this pandemic will end. We all knew this. So to act like you knew what's up from the jump is laughable. 

Really? Didnt I say these measures were useless, even harmful?

Didnt I say we need psychiatric care services to be shored up? That there would be an increase in stochastic death from cancer and heart disease? That masks put people more at risk in some cases? That eventually people will be looking to get a dose of the actual virus instead of hide and repeatedly vaccinate?

Yes, I did. All knowledge I have from experience and training.

So like I said. I don’t need no debate.

But hey. You people carry on

1 minute ago, OftenWrong said:

Really? Didnt I say these measures were useless, even harmful?

Didnt I say we need psychiatric care services to be shored up? That there would be an increase in stochastic death from cancer and heart disease? That masks put people more at risk in some cases? That eventually people will be looking to get a dose of the actual virus instead of hide and repeatedly vaccinate?

Yes, I did. All knowledge I have from experience and training.

So like I said. I don’t need no debate.

But hey. You people carry on

Well you're completely wrong. . . so there's that. 

The measures saved lives, masks helped control the infection, everyone's healthcare was challenged this was a Global pandemic. 

The limitation for healthcare for other chronic diseases was a result of the acute nature of COVID and the taxing of healthcare systems globally. It's not just Canada. Almost every country saw a stressing of healthcare at multiple points during this pandemic. 

Edited by Boges

• Tell a friend

Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    nyralucas

• Jeary earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Venandi went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • Gaétan earned a badge
      Very Popular
    • Dictatords earned a badge