Is Trudeau withholding booster shots because the World Health Organization recommends to withhold them from Canadians?

Recently the news has reported that officials of the World Health Organization (W.H.O.) strongly recommended that countries not give booster shots of the vaccine for Covid to it's citizens until the rest of the world has received their first dose.  At the extremely slow rate many countries are vaccinating their citizens, it may be years before they all receive their first dose.  In the meantime, the efficacy of the two doses in Canada may greatly decrease after eight or 12 months.  It has also been reported by several countries that the efficacy of the vaccine may decline somewhat after several months making it slightly less effective in protecting against infection.  We also know from recent reports that the Delta variant is very contagious and the number of cases in Canada is increasing at an alarming rate in a number of provinces.  This raises the question whether Trudeau and Dr. Tam will continue to jump to the tune of the W.H.O. as they have from the beginning of this pandemic.  Will they decline to give Canadians a booster shot in spite of the increased danger to many Canadians who are immuno-compromised and / or elderly?  Even the physically fit younger Canadian is at increased risk of Covid as the largest number of new cases is now in the 20 to 40 age group.  The Canadian government should be taking care of it's own citizens first and helping the rest of the world after.  They should not be obeying the Marxist W.H.O.  Even President Biden and the U.S. administration has announced they are offering booster shots to their citizens eight months after their second dose.  Why should Canadians be treated with any less care?

Edited by blackbird

5 hours ago, blackbird said:

At the extremely slow rate many countries are vaccinating their citizens, it may be years before they all receive their first dose.  In the meantime, the efficacy of the two doses in Canada may greatly decrease after eight or 12 months. 

The slow rate is due to the lack of access to vaccine. The vaccine still offers protection as long as you follow the PHO protocol by washing your hands, socially distancing wearing a mask, and staying the blazes home. If you really need to feed your addiction to beverage alcohol, stay away from the bar and have your booze delivered to your home where you can get bladdered in private. 

As long as people in the world remain unvaccinated, the virus will continue to mutate and then we will have real problems.

3 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

The slow rate is due to the lack of access to vaccine. The vaccine still offers protection as long as you follow the PHO protocol by washing your hands, socially distancing wearing a mask, and staying the blazes home. If you really need to feed your addiction to beverage alcohol, stay away from the bar and have your booze delivered to your home where you can get bladdered in private. 

As long as people in the world remain unvaccinated, the virus will continue to mutate and then we will have real problems.

Canada is making a certain contribution of vaccine to give to other countries.  And the U.S. is also making large contributions to help other countries.  But the world is made up of many countries.  We don't have the resources to vaccinate the whole world. It takes an effort by many other countries to get the job done.  There are perhaps several hundred countries in the world.  In the meantime, Canada has the resources to at least look after it's own citizens and that is where it's priority should be, not in trying to give what Canada needs to the rest of the world, which is impossible to do alone.  We have the standard of living and the resources to at least get the job done with our own people while contributing something to some other countries, but not all.  That has to be a joint effort by many countries.

By the way, I don't drink and don't go to bars.  I drink decaf at home and go through Tim Horton's drive thru.  I take more precautions than most people and have to because of my health.

I apologize. I should have confined my post to the concern that as long as vaccination around the world is low, the virus will continue to mutate and keep coming back to bite us and possibly kill a lot more of us. We did manage to vaccinate the world against smallpox and we are making progress against polio.

Timmy's? That would indicate you are not in the lower mainland where Starbucks is mandatory. When I was blessed enough to live in the Kootenays, I used to tease my Vancouver cousin that Vancouverites thought once they got past Hope they were in Alberta.

Edited by Queenmandy85

Trudeau is like the honey badger of vaccines. He just doesn't give a shit. If he wants vaccines he just takes them. "Look at all those juicy vaccines just waiting to be snapped by poor people in 3rd world countries. Ooh yummy. Not so fast 3rd worldies, here comes honey badger to steal your stuff. Honey badger doesn't care, he just takes what he wants. He's so nasty."

12 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I apologize. I should have confined my post to the concern that as long as vaccination around the world is low, the virus will continue to mutate and keep coming back to bite us and possibly kill a lot more of us. We did manage to vaccinate the world against smallpox and we are making progress against polio.

Timmy's? That would indicate you are not in the lower mainland where Starbucks is mandatory. When I was blessed enough to live in the Kootenays, I used to tease my Vancouver cousin that Vancouverites thought once they got past Hope they were in Alberta.

The Kootenays is beautiful country.  I don't go to Starbucks.  Mostly younger yuppie types go to Starbucks.  Tim's has everything I like and is probably less expensive than Starbucks.

Edited by blackbird
  • Like 1