Bill Cosby Released

Infidel Dog

I was reading a fascinating story about Nordbat2, the nordic unit assigned to UN duty during the wars in Yugoslavia. It contained information on the Swedish military's mission focus. Basically, if you have to break the rules, ignore your orders, and improvise to fulfil the mission, then all would be forgiven. The mission is everything. The Nordic unit ignored UN rules and regulations, and its commander even ignored orders from his own government and pretended communication issues. But they got their mission done. They protected the people they were sent to protect. Others went by UN orders and failed their mission.

It seems to me that fundamental justice ought to be the mission of any legal system. It's not.  

2 hours ago, Argus said:

It seems to me that fundamental justice ought to be the mission of any legal system. It's not.  

I think I agree, keeping in mind that there are limits to what you can get away with.  To my mind, the DAs tried to do roughly what the Swedish military did in the former Yugoslavia.

He spent 2 years in jail, so its not like he didnt pay anything at all If he was even guilty.

Whatever money he paid to his accusers should also be considered punitive.

I read one person got 3M dollars. Poor woman must have been mortified the rest of her life.

21 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

He spent 2 years in jail, so its not like he didnt pay anything at all If he was even guilty.

Whatever money he paid to his accusers should also be considered punitive.

I read one person got 3M dollars. Poor woman must have been mortified the rest of her life.

Yes.    I think people who don't understand why he is free also don't understand that justice is sometimes aspirational.  

• Tell a friend

Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    phoenyx75

• paradox34 earned a badge
      Dedicated
    • User went up a rank
      Enthusiast
    • User went up a rank
      Contributor
    • User earned a badge