Ontario government refuses stay home order in hotspots against the advice of its top doctors!!!!.

Top doctors in Toronto, Peel Region and Ottawa are calling on the Ontario government to issue a provincewide stay-at-home order in an effort to control the surge of COVID-19 variants.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/top-doctors-in-toronto-peel-and-ottawa-call-for-provincewide-stay-at-home-order-1.5375213

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/etches-calls-for-ontario-to-issue-stay-at-home-order-1.5375181

Ontario health minister Christine Elliot had said (in response to critics) that stay home order will inconvenient people!!!!!. Someone should remind these incompetent people that catching Covid at the rate of 3000 a day (real people not just numbers) and death would be much more inconvenient. 

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Haha 1

A Stay at Home Order doesn't mean anything if people can still go out and exercise, go to the Grocery Store and go to an "Essential" job. 

Why can't a Hair Salon stay open, but there's no law forcing factories, warehouses and manufacturing facilities to take the temperature of every person multiple times a day? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Top doctors in Toronto, Peel Region and Ottawa are calling on the Ontario government to issue a provincewide stay-at-home order in an effort to control the surge of COVID-19 variants.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/top-doctors-in-toronto-peel-and-ottawa-call-for-provincewide-stay-at-home-order-1.5375213

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/etches-calls-for-ontario-to-issue-stay-at-home-order-1.5375181

Ontario health minister Christine Elliot had said (in response to critics) that stay home order will inconvenient people!!!!!. Someone should remind these incompetent people that catching Covid at the rate of 3000 a day (real people not just numbers) and death would be much more inconvenient. 

The current restrictions are more than enough to curb case counts and hospitalizations.  However, it will take 7-10 days before we begin to see results.

1 hour ago, Shady said:

The current restrictions are more than enough to curb case counts and hospitalizations.  However, it will take 7-10 days before we begin to see results.

No you just make up things as you go along to defend Ontario government's incompetency, Their own model shows only stay home order will likely bring down numbers to between 1000 to 1500 by end of April. A simple shutdown that you support will cause significantly more new cases and more deaths in Ontario. Do you wish to be associated with this act?

40 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

No you just make up things as you go along to defend Ontario government's incompetency, Their own model shows only stay home order will likely bring down numbers to between 1000 to 1500 by end of April. A simple shutdown that you support will cause significantly more new cases and more deaths in Ontario. Do you wish to be associated with this act?

That’s just false.  Numbers will come down significantly, below 1000 cases, but it will take a week to 10 days before we see results.  Weather has a lot to do with it as well.

42 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

What exactly would a "Stay-at-Home" order entail?

And if you say, shut down retail. In the hot spots it's effectively been shut down since November. They had 2 weeks of a fractional loosening of restrictions and cases have now skyrocketed, out-of-control. 

The entire province suffers because no one in charge would call a spade a spade and focus all efforts to areas of socio-economic challenges and where "essential" workers can't stay home.

The freedoms in the rest of the province is being used as a Scapegoat.  

I'm sure people an hour outside of Toronto not being able to dine on a patio and get a haircut for a month really effects the spread in a place like Brampton or Jane and Finch in Toronto. 

Edited by Boges

2 hours ago, Boges said:

What exactly would a "Stay-at-Home" order entail?

And if you say, shut down retail. In the hot spots it's effectively been shut down since November. They had 2 weeks of a fractional loosening of restrictions and cases have now skyrocketed, out-of-control. 

The entire province suffers because no one in charge would call a spade a spade and focus all efforts to areas of socio-economic challenges and where "essential" workers can't stay home.

The freedoms in the rest of the province is being used as a Scapegoat.  

I'm sure people an hour outside of Toronto not being able to dine on a patio and get a haircut for a month really effects the spread in a place like Brampton or Jane and Finch in Toronto. 

Quieter public places and less chance of exposure to the damn virus and less opportunity for the variants to infect healthy people and less sickness and less deaths. The Premier himself said that over the weekend the shopping malls in hotspots were packed with people most just there with empty bags at the end of their shopping just for a walk. Then act upon what you preach. Close the malls and instruct law enforcement to enforced it vigorously with heavy fines.

I said stay home order in hotspots like Toronto, Peel and Ottawa not an hour outside of Ottawa.

29 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Quieter public places and less chance of exposure to the damn virus and less opportunity for the variants to infect healthy people and less sickness and less deaths. The Premier himself said that over the weekend the shopping malls in hotspots were packed with people most just there with empty bags at the end of their shopping just for a walk. Then act upon what you preach. Close the malls and instruct law enforcement to enforced it vigorously with heavy fines.

I said stay home order in hotspots like Toronto, Peel and Ottawa not an hour outside of Ottawa.

You didn't answer the question. What exactly is different from this Shutdown. More closing private business but refusing to close big box stores and factories? 

14 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

I did answer. Closing the malls as one example where people gathered in masses last weekend.

And could Social Distance with a mask. 

Retail is the scapegoat to all of this. It's probably not where the real spread is happening. 

So fine, I'll go back to ordering all my retail online and occasionally doing take-out. 

But when they don't have the guts or ability to target places of spread, EFF them!, I'll congregate with friends and family. They've cried wolf way to much without actually trying to tackle the real cause of spread. 

Ford has come to realize these methods are not effective against the spread of the virus. We can't lock down hard enough for them to work. The previous lockdowns by half-measures have only exacerbated the problem, allowing the virus to continue to live. As long as it lives, we give it the ability to mutate to more virulent and deadly forms.

Thanks DoFo, and stupid voters who were fooled. The man has no leadership talent or experience, whatsoever. Give him the majority,,,

Thanks Justin for screwing the country.

But he has cute socks,,,

28 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Ford has come to realize these methods are not effective against the spread of the virus. We can't lock down hard enough for them to work. The previous lockdowns by half-measures have only exacerbated the problem, allowing the virus to continue to live. As long as it lives, we give it the ability to mutate to more virulent and deadly forms.

Thanks DoFo, and stupid voters who were fooled. The man has no leadership talent or experience, whatsoever. Give him the majority,,,

Thanks Justin for screwing the country.

But he has cute socks,,,

Oh you could, you could shut down everything but Food and Pharmacy products production and distribution. Only let Grocery Stores offer Curbside pick up. 

Force businesses to only do business with people in their region. (ID Check for people that live in other regions, I think you mentioned something similar awhile back). 

But they don't have the stomach for that. Just keep using Retail and family gatherings as a scapegoat. 

All the while they'll vaccinate a 70-year-old that's already staying at home and refuse to vaccinate a 35-year-old that works in close contact with other people in a COVID-19 hotspot. 

I've come 180 on this. They have no idea what they're doing!

Edited by Boges

This is ridiculous, they're not even allowing the previous restrictions to have any effect before moving on to new ones.  We went into the red zone, 3 days later they implement the province wide shutdown, 3 days after that they announce the stay at home order.  It takes at least 10-14 days before any restrictions will show results.  Our province has ADHD.

Well, if I were living in the GTA and had been under lockdown since November 2020, you can goddamn well believe I would be outside once they re-open. I'd be on the beach looking for chicks, like last weekend.

WARMINGTON: A shutdown? Malls, parks, beaches packed

People are sick of it. Sick, I tell you.

Dr. Lawrence Loh, Peel Region’s medical officer of health, on Monday announced the closure of in-class learning for the next two weeks without even giving parents a full-day’s notice to prepare for the sudden change. He added he was “sorry” the decision put parents in a lurch, but “I think it was a sign, though, when my daughter brought home her books.”

When pressed, however, Loh admitted his children are not affected by the school closures he’s called for since he doesn’t live in Peel. He also said he would consult with his wife on whether their kids would go to school.

Nice finish...

Ontario declares provincewide stay home order and third state of emergency .

Better late than never.

IT also appears to me that THIS FORUM IS VERY EFFECTIVE. Whenever I post something criticizing decisions made or ask for a new rule or new decision or a reversal of decision made WITHIN DAYS Ontario follows my post!!!!!!. Whether it was delaying the second dose (within 3 days after the post they followed), or More rapid vaccination of elderly or Home stay order among others. Politicians must be following this forum on a daily basis and react to it.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-issues-stay-at-home-order-and-declares-third-state-of-emergency-1.5377410

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

15 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Ford government political show is playing games with the lives of Ontarians, Non-essential construction work will continue in this so called lockdown or state of emergency stay home order. Workers can enter homes occupied and do the work all day!!!!!!

If they’re wearing masks, and staying a part, it’s not an issue.  Follow the science.  

2 hours ago, Shady said:

If they’re wearing masks, and staying a part, it’s not an issue.  Follow the science.  

So you are claiming that all those 3000+ new cases each day in Ontario alone are not wearing masks and don't stay apart? This disease is new and there is no science behind it thus far as why every day things change.

8 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

So you are claiming that all those 3000+ new cases each day in Ontario alone are not wearing masks and don't stay apart? This disease is new and there is no science behind it thus far as why every day things change.

Most new cases come from school, long term care facilities and social gatherings.  Non of which involve construction.  If you have data showing that construction work is responsible for a large increase in cases, please share.  Regardless, the science behind mask wearing and distancing has been consistent since last summer.

21 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Here, I’ll help you out.

86E00A4F-DE49-4124-9835-AFF3051C4ED8.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Shady said:

Here, I’ll help you out.

86E00A4F-DE49-4124-9835-AFF3051C4ED8.png

Good diagram thanks for shading. The 12% other could include construction though. It also tells me schools should close and authorities should still do a much better job to protect long term homes.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015