Online Defense Kit for protection against the Corporates and the Cancel Cretins

There are those who believe there is nothing to worry about from the monitors and controllers acting under the mantle of the internet left.

Sorry guys. This thread is not for you. I'm not saying you can't contribute. More like your contributions won't matter much to the intent of this thread.

For anybody who does care about internet Big Brother though I thought we could share tools and sites that can help us learn and share ideas safe from leftist groupthink and control.

I'll begin.

Brave Browser

I think of it as an alternative to Google's Chrome Brower even though I hear it's built on Chrome infrastructure. Google and others don't seem to be bothering me as much on Brave. It has better privacy by default although sometimes script driven stuff comes up bland so it's good to have a backup browser like Firefox that will let you see it. Another Browser altenative is Dissenter

DuckDuckGo

Speaking of Google, DuckDuckGo is an internet search alternative. You've most likely heard of it, might even have tried it. It falls short sometime so having Google on your top browser bar for quick click just in case gets around that, but at least Google isn't your primary search engine.

Windscribe and Hideme VPNs

You might even already have a VPN to access unseen but if you don't and want to check one out Windscribe and Hideme offer free with a catch versions. You only get 10 gigabytes free a month.

ProtonMail

Are you getting sick of GMail and it's need to know and slip Google controls into everything you do that can be connected to your email.? I'm finding ProtonMail pretty secure and not always in my face so far. Proton also has a VPN. It's pretty good but the introductory free version stops pretty quick and converts to a useless version that only hides you a bit until you buy.

Bitchute

There are a lot of Google YouTube alternatives. I hear Rumble is getting popular. I'm hoping Bitchute will help wean me off my YouTube addiction. 

MeWe

I haven't tried this one because this kind of thing doesn't interest me but apparently it's some sort of Facebook alternative.

Parler

I imagine you've heard of the Twitter alternative, Parler. It's currently down, I think, but the last I heard they were claiming they'll be back. In the meantime there's still Gab. And I'd never heard of this one but according to PJMedia this is the new kid on the block - Clouthub

I'll post more later.

Edited by Infidel Dog

The above information, while a valiant attempt at maintaining control of your information privacy, becomes absolutely moot when you are running Windows 10 by Microsoft. Win 10, is, a spyware operating system. Government sanctioned, no less.

Under Windows 10 all your files, commands, text that you type and even your voice input can be monitored remotely without your awareness.

Likewise with computer hardware. New motherboards are built with certain chips that give direct access to the data pipeline, irregardless of OS.

Or like my Pappy used to say,
The calls... are coming from inside the house... from inside the house!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cannucklehead said:

Wander off the beaten path, its well worth it.  

I like this idea because ridiculous viewpoints are taken away from the public sphere.  There will still be populists in the public sphere but the pernicious liar contingent will be diminished.

Go Parler !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

The above information, while a valiant attempt at maintaining control of your information privacy, becomes absolutely moot when you are running Windows 10 by Microsoft. Win 10, is, a spyware operating system. Government sanctioned, no less.

Under Windows 10 all your files, commands, text that you type and even your voice input can be monitored remotely without your awareness.

Likewise with computer hardware. New motherboards are built with certain chips that give direct access to the data pipeline, irregardless of OS.

Or like my Pappy used to say,
The calls... are coming from inside the house... from inside the house!

You can only control what you can control. VPN's have some use. Not being under the thumb of the Twitterati or FascistBook has some use, and so on. 

We can deal with Microsoft later.

For now, there's also the problem of the control of information. The other side almost has it. We need to inform ourselves of what they won't tell us.

I use right wing archive sites. Here are some recommendations. One doesn't have to believe everything one finds there but it's worth having options:

The First 3 are Canadian:

Blazing Cat Fur

Vlad Tepes

Small Dead Animals

Then there are the Drudge alternatives:

The Liberty Daily: It's like Drudge used to be, maybe, but with a sense of humour. 

Citizens Free Press: Quick easy links on a scroll. I'm hearing this is the one that's catching on the quickest with the Drudgeheads forced off the platform by its new left wing bias.

Populist Press: If you've finished with the first 2 and are still looking there's this.

And here are a bunch of random link archive sites with alternative info to the Corporates.

Lucianne.com

What Finger

The Bongino Report

Revolver News

Conservative Playlist

55 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I like this idea because ridiculous viewpoints are taken away from the public sphere.  There will still be populists in the public sphere but the pernicious liar contingent will be diminished.

I see. So pernicious leftist liars may continue.

Carry on...

• Thanks 1

This might be useful to anybody trying to decide between Parler and Gab. Assuming Parler comes back.

• Parler’s app is vulnerable to Apple and Google
  • Parler is vulnerable to being delisted by their name registrar
  • Parler’s UI is horrible (especially for those used to Twitter)
  • Parler has no API (that I've found)
  • Parler is a closed system (your posts aren't visible to non-members)
  • Parler has bait-and-switched users with their “free speech” spiel
  • Parler is vulnerable to blacklisting by payment platforms
  • Parler is vulnerable to being deplatformed by their hosting provider
  • Parler requires personal info, which can be compromised or sold
  • Gab has faced and solved all of these issues

https://conservativehardliner.com/why-parler-sucks-and-why-gab-superior

I know the one about Parler requiring personal info is true because I balked at registering there when they demanded my phone number.

Come to think of it, I just realized Gab isn't on the OP list.

Here ya go:

Gab

A social network that champions free speech, individual liberty and the free flow of information online. All are welcome.

I've actually never been to Gab before. Just went. It's kinda cool. You can read posts (a lot of them from people on the right you may have heard of) right on the front page. 

I just learned this there:

2e83ffa01bb25177.jpeg
'The Mandalorian' Star Gina Carano Fired Amid Social Media Controversy

This is not the first time 'The Mandalorian' actress has been the focus of social media ire for her political comments. 

www.hollywoodreporter.comView Link Feed

That sucks. I liked her character. I think most Mandalorian viewers who actually watch the show did. I thought Disney was learning the "Get Woke. Go Broke" maxim but I guess not. Hope they don't screw up Wanda Vision now.

And I found this on Gab too. Apparently this guy got cancelled from Apple Music for this one:

It's my new favorite song.

1,784 likes
Edited by Infidel Dog

On 2/4/2021 at 9:05 AM, Michael Hardner said:

Go Parler !

Sometimes you want to go
Where everybody knows your name
And they're always glad you came
And none of your views are challenged
Because they're always just the same

Edited by bcsapper

• 2 weeks later...

I heard about this one on Gab. Might be another Chrome alternative.

I'm happy switching back and forth from Brave to Tor myself, but if anybody is looking to kick the Chrome/Google habit with something different, here ya go:

https://dissenter.com/

The Dissenter web browser is built for The People, not advertisers. Block Big Tech ads and trackers by default. Discover a comment section on every URL online. Welcome to the free speech internet.

On second thought, after reading that, I think I will check that one out. I remember those things from the late nineties, early millenium. Utok and Third Choice - anybody remember them? I kinda liked them.

Edited by Infidel Dog

This one's easy to recommend because it's for anyone, regardless of bias:

https://ground.news/

It's a news comparison service that lists current news stories then tells you what media is covering the story, how and how much allowing you to make decisions about their bias.

Hat tip to Sydney Watson

Edited by Infidel Dog

• 2 weeks later...

From The National Pulse:

"Another platform which advocates for free speech and is open source is Minds.

There are also new social media platforms like Clouthub, WeME, and Thinkspot which advocate free speech and are worth trying out to explore new communities based on personal interest.

Ever since the news broke that WhatsApp will share data extensive data with Facebook starting February 2021, there has been a massive campaign to move users over to Signal.

It is a powerful alternative to WhatsApp and iMessage, with a heavy focus on privacy and encryption. It is available on Android, iOS, PC, and Mac. 

Threema, another messaging app that guarantees anonymity and privacy, has also been gaining huge traction.

Besides switching messaging apps, the default SMS app on Android can be modified to further distance yourself from Google or the OEM. Silence is a SMS app which can substitute your default Google or iPhone manufacturer’s SMS/text message solution (only on Android). Elements is another secure messaging app which compared to the competition is rather advanced, decentralized, and supports self hosting for maximum security and privacy.

Drop Google, Yahoo, or Bing as your primary search engine. DuckDuckGo is still sort-of okay, but we prefer StartPage.

Avoid: Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox.

It is a good practice to use VPNs while browsing the internet; however, they do not provide full anonymity or full privacy. They also don’t prohibit Big Tech from tracking you (unless you improve your chosen browser with add-ons such as PrivacyBadger and many more), nor do they protect from viruses.

Keep in mind that your media access control (MAC) address and accounts that you are logged into can still uncover your anonymity. For that reason, VPN work best when combined with secure browsers and ad blockers. Some of the great VPN services are Mullvad or NordVPNboth highly rated by privacy advocates.

Edited by Infidel Dog

• 1 month later...

I'm using this one more for searches now:

https://www.startpage.com/

I rarely use it myself but they say if you want to check out what the left would call fringe or their new favorite term "far right" which refers to anything right of Bill Maher you can try this one:

https://www.goodgopher.com/

This archive site is a collector of that sort of news too:

https://censored.news/

• 9 months later...
On 2/4/2021 at 11:26 AM, Infidel Dog said:

You can only control what you can control. VPN's have some use. Not being under the thumb of the Twitterati or FascistBook has some use, and so on. 

We can deal with Microsoft later.

For now, there's also the problem of the control of information. The other side almost has it. We need to inform ourselves of what they won't tell us.

I use right wing archive sites. Here are some recommendations. One doesn't have to believe everything one finds there but it's worth having options:

The First 3 are Canadian:

Blazing Cat Fur

Vlad Tepes

Small Dead Animals

Then there are the Drudge alternatives:

The Liberty Daily: It's like Drudge used to be, maybe, but with a sense of humour. 

Citizens Free Press: Quick easy links on a scroll. I'm hearing this is the one that's catching on the quickest with the Drudgeheads forced off the platform by its new left wing bias.

Populist Press: If you've finished with the first 2 and are still looking there's this.

And here are a bunch of random link archive sites with alternative info to the Corporates.

Lucianne.com

What Finger

The Bongino Report

Revolver News

Conservative Playlist

You can only control what you can control by canceling the cancelers?  How dizzy of you.

• 3 months later...