What exactly is the "great reset"?

27 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Why do I care?

A few words out of Trudeau's mouth... Or evidence of a world wide SOROS CONSPIRACY, depends.

If you believe the latter please donate to this GoFundMe link to stop the liberals before it's too late!!!

Oh I figure you care...

3 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Just curious...do you have any principles at all?

I think that I just exhibited a principle that private channels are the domains of their owners.

A principle is an axiom or rule that doesn't change with context.

An example of unprincipled thinking is to express outrage when Convoy people are arrested for protesting but not for pipeline protesters.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2022 at 8:33 AM, Michael Hardner said:

I think that I just exhibited a principle that private channels are the domains of their owners.

A principle is an axiom or rule that doesn't change with context.

An example of unprincipled thinking is to express outrage when Convoy people are arrested for protesting but not for pipeline protesters.

I don't remember pipeline protesters getting thrown in jail. Did they?

15 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Interesting. I understand the Supreme Court has been siding with the Truckers.

Was there any sort of court order to arrest the Truckers?

48 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Interesting. I understand the Supreme Court has been siding with the Truckers.

Was there any sort of court order to arrest the Truckers?

I do believe there was a court order to get them to disperse and I suspect the arrest of the "leaders" (as selected by the Justice Ministry though, a key point) was related to that.

59 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I do believe there was a court order to get them to disperse and I suspect the arrest of the "leaders" (as selected by the Justice Ministry though, a key point) was related to that.

Which makes the 2 examples quite different.

Michael...this trucker thing is dangerous to the institutions you profess to believe in...for lack of a better term. The courts do not appear to support the decisions made by the politicians. If I were Pierre Poilievre, I'd beat the Liberals and NDP over the head constantly with this. They didn't exactly "break" the law...they "skirted" it. Avoided it. Ignored it.

A cowardly leader gets his underlings and the press to follow him down a rabbit hole, knowing full well, I'd assume, that they were and are operating on very shaky grounds. Probably unconstitutional.

And you wonder why I get passionate about these things...

14 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

1. this trucker thing is dangerous to the institutions you profess to believe in...for lack of a better term. The courts do not appear to support the decisions made by the politicians.

2. And you wonder why I get passionate about these things...

1.  So what if the courts and politicians disagree ?  That's not a new thing nor is it 'dangerous'...
2.  I still wonder.  This whole thing is a big deal to someone who is new to politics, in my eyes.  It's a minor thing to me.

14 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1.  So what if the courts and politicians disagree ?  That's not a new thing nor is it 'dangerous'...
2.  I still wonder.  This whole thing is a big deal to someone who is new to politics, in my eyes.  It's a minor thing to me.

1. It's dangerous to the trust any government must have from the electorate. If these law suits go against Pixie's government, it'll further erode the public's trust.

2. Oh ur so smart...

6 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

1. It's dangerous to the trust any government must have from the electorate. If these law suits go against Pixie's government, it'll further erode the public's trust.

2. Oh ur so smart...

1. Meh.  Definitely not anywhere as scary as the abuse of the 'notwithstanding' clause.  Government laws fall to the supreme courts all the time - see the SCOTUS for recent examples to the south.
2. Thanks but I don't think so.

15 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Meh.  Definitely not anywhere as scary as the abuse of the 'notwithstanding' clause.  Government laws fall to the supreme courts all the time - see the SCOTUS for recent examples to the south.
2. Thanks but I don't think so.

1. Not "Meh"...important.

2. No no...I think your smart. I mean really Mike...you had all sorts of people thinking you're a conservative.

31 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

1. Not "Meh"...important.

2. No no...I think your smart. I mean really Mike...you had all sorts of people thinking you're a conservative.

1. Like I say, it happens all the time.  I wouldn't stake my claim but I don't think that it will be an issue.

2. Hahahaha.  Pierre Poilievre is even better... people think he's conservative but he's a career politician who's all fluff, except for promising to create a Ministry of Truth ...

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Like I say, it happens all the time.  I wouldn't stake my claim but I don't think that it will be an issue.

2. Hahahaha.  Pierre Poilievre is even better... people think he's conservative but he's a career politician who's all fluff, except for promising to create a Ministry of Truth ...

A ministry ofn truth? A little mellow dramitic...

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Whatever his minority government calls the group that moderates university discussions, they will be the Ministry of Truth when the Liberals get back in power.  Get it ?

IF the Liberals get back into power.

On 11/27/2020 at 7:30 AM, dialamah said:

Capitalism is also supposed to "make things better for everyone", and while that worked for a while, it seems to be going in the opposite direction now.   

The problem with any human-devised system is that people are involved, and people are prone to human failings, resulting in grasping for power and privilege at the expense of others.  IMO.

Sounds like Trudeau's modus operandi.  He is working on taking away Canadian's freedom of speech under the guise of banning hate speech.  He is unlike any other PM we have had.  Not much respect for Charter Rights of basic human rights of freedom of speech.  The problem of exalting the Charter is it depends who and how it is interpreted and neglects the basic truth that humans have basic human rights regardless of what a piece of paper or men say.  Even the Liberals and their left leaning supporters have shifted away from defending basic freedom of speech in the last 20 years.  It's not the same centrist party it once was.  It has moved far left with the new woke movement.

Edited by blackbird