A License to Drink Alcohol

Guest ProudConservative

7 hours ago, dialamah said:

There was no national shutdown; each Province determines their own path regarding shutdowns, restrictions, mask wearing and reduction or elimination of all the above.

Sure sure.  The provinces took their cues from the Feds, which took their cues from the WHO.  Dr. Tam said so this week.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, H B Lowrey said:

I'm not attempting to convince you of anything, find your own.  I know what to do.

Stop pretending that you have some inside knowledge beyond what is already well known and widely available. Certainly if you have new revelatory information to share, I’m listening.  We already know the line on the importance of endless vaccines, administered with regularity without regard to someone’s unique physiological profile.  Ever considered that after two or three jabs some people may want to trust their current level of immunity over ever more vaccines and meds?  Ever consider that there might be a different level of immunity between someone who exercises regularly and has no health problems versus a morbidly obese diabetic of the same age?  Do you think they’re equally at risk?   What about an 80 year-old versus a 20 year-old?   Last I checked they both receive the same adult doses.  I’m fully vaccinated, but at this point I’m more concerned about keeping fit, eating right, getting outside, and feeling good emotionally than getting my next jab.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

11 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Stop pretending that you have some inside knowledge beyond what is already well known and widely available. Certainly if you have new revelatory information to share, I’m listening.  We already know the line on the importance of endless vaccines, administered with regularly without regard to someone’s unique physiological profile.  Ever considered that after two or three jabs some people may want to trust their current level of immunity over ever more vaccines and meds?  Ever consider that there might be a different level of immunity between someone who exercises regularly and has no health problems versus a morbidly obese diabetic if the same age?  Do you think they’re equally at risk?   What about an 80 year-old versus a 20 year-old?   Last I checked they both receive the same adult doses.  I’m fully vaccinated, but at this point I’m more concerned about keeping fit, eating right, getting outside, and feeling good emotionally than getting my next jab.  

Yeah see, I don't get your premise that it's one or the other.  You're quite free to do whatever you like.  Why, you can get vaxxed and keep fit, eat right, get outside, and work on feeling good emotionally.  Why that would be good for both 80 year olds and 20 year olds, don't you think?  Or you can do none of the above, do consider all the above in any combination you wish.  I said I know what to do.  I'm not going to bother with telling you what to do.

What we have here is a novel, let me type that again, novel emerging retroviral pandemic.  You can't just stomp your feet and get all the answers you want, and given how we've mismanaged the response thus far, playing catch up is where we're at with things.

9 hours ago, dialamah said:

There was no national shutdown; each Province determines their own path regarding shutdowns, restrictions, mask wearing and reduction or elimination of all the above.

You responded to a post that's almost two years old. You want me to go back and look up what I meant? Do you still care? Should I?

Yeah see, I don't get your premise that it's one or the other.  You're quite free to do whatever you like.  Why, you can get vaxxed and keep fit, eat right, get outside, and work on feeling good emotionally.  Why that would be good for both 80 year olds and 20 year olds, don't you think?  Or you can do none of the above, do consider all the above in any combination you wish.  I said I know what to do.  I'm not going to bother with telling you what to do.

What we have here is a novel, let me type that again, novel emerging retroviral pandemic.  You can't just stomp your feet and get all the answers you want, and given how we've mismanaged the response thus far, playing catch up is where we're at with things.

The issue is making people take meds and controlling people’s behaviour.  Get as jabbed as you want, eat all the ice cream you want.  I couldn’t care less.  Just don’t make me or anyone else do anything.  That’s the issue, the smug, “I know what’s right for everyone” position or letting government dictate how we should live.  At this stage of the pandemic, with a mild variant and most of the population vaccinated, government shouldn’t have so much control over our behaviour.  I don’t believe the “novel retrovirus” excuses such overreach.  Clearly you do.

Also, you do realize that multiple vaccinations can negatively impact your body’s natural immunity?  Even the WHO is backing off such a push.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

On 7/26/2020 at 9:37 PM, mowich said:

Alcohol is not the problem.  People who lack control over their impulses are the problem.   

I mean, I can only agree. To clarify my position, I prefer that people are educated on the risks of whatever substances they are taking. Once they understand the risks, they should be allowed to do what they want. They are making an informed choice.

Some people are weak however. We gotta remember that.
Some people are really weak.

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

The issue is making people take meds and controlling people’s behaviour.  Get as jabbed as you want, eat all the ice cream you want.  I couldn’t care less.  Just don’t make me or anyone else do anything.  That’s the issue, the smug, “I know what’s right for everyone” position or letting government dictate how we should live.  At this stage of the pandemic, with a mild variant and most of the population vaccinated, government shouldn’t have so much control over our behaviour.  I don’t believe the “novel retrovirus” excuses such overreach.  Clearly you do.

Also, you do realize that multiple vaccinations can negatively impact your body’s natural immunity?  Even the WHO is backing off such a push.  

No one is forcing anyone to do anything, at least in america.  I don't eat ice cream, focus.  Who made you do anything?  Be specific.  I don't care who tells me what's right for me.  America has tried to do that all my life.  Per COVID, I spent over 3 decades in biomedical/pharmaceutical research.  In academic, industry and academic-industry partnership settings.  Some of that in infectious diseases research and a retroviral RNA project.  I know what to do, and I can digest the primary peer-reviewed research for myself.  I don't gaf what you do, that's what social distancing is for.  Always has been.  Go howl at your elected officials.  Go howl at your doctor if you like.  If you wish to in the US, you WILL mask up or you will not be allowed entry.  That ain't the gubment, that's the scientific medical community.

"Novel" is not an excuse.  It's a reality.  Rejoice, you're living in a historical moment.  Science is working on this in real time, YOU seem to think YOU have all the answers.  No one does.

Are you suggesting we listen to the WHO now?  Well good for you.  What did they tell you about ice cream?

Again, who made you do anything?  Be specific.  What?

21 minutes ago, H B Lowrey said:

No one is forcing anyone to do anything, at least in america.  I don't eat ice cream, focus.  Who made you do anything?  Be specific.  I don't care who tells me what's right for me.  America has tried to do that all my life.  Per COVID, I spent over 3 decades in biomedical/pharmaceutical research.  In academic, industry and academic-industry partnership settings.  Some of that in infectious diseases research and a retroviral RNA project.  I know what to do, and I can digest the primary peer-reviewed research for myself.  I don't gaf what you do, that's what social distancing is for.  Always has been.  Go howl at your elected officials.  Go howl at your doctor if you like.  If you wish to in the US, you WILL mask up or you will not be allowed entry.  That ain't the gubment, that's the scientific medical community.

"Novel" is not an excuse.  It's a reality.  Rejoice, you're living in a historical moment.  Science is working on this in real time, YOU seem to think YOU have all the answers.  No one does.

Are you suggesting we listen to the WHO now?  Well good for you.  What did they tell you about ice cream?

Again, who made you do anything?  Be specific.  What?

Are you stupid?  People are being fired everywhere for not getting vaccinated.  You don’t think that’s pressure? Restrict yourself.  This is why we need laws that prevent companies and organizations from imposing mandates and restrictions.  Canada won’t do it.  Biden won’t do it.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

5 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Are you stupid?  People are being fired everywhere for not getting vaccinated.  You don’t think that’s pressure? Restrict yourself.  This is why we need laws that prevent companies and organizations from imposing mandates and restrictions.  Canada won’t do it.  Biden won’t do it.  

So YOU have not "suffered" anything then. Got it.

No.  The relationship between employer and employee has always been the same, you are not entitled to the job of your choice.  Them's the rules of capitalism.  If an employee feels he/she has been asked by an employer to do anything the employee finds personally untenable, the employee has two choices.  Comply or seek employment elsewhere.  Your position here reeks of entitlement.

31 minutes ago, H B Lowrey said:

So YOU have not "suffered" anything then. Got it.

No.  The relationship between employer and employee has always been the same, you are not entitled to the job of your choice.  Them's the rules of capitalism.  If an employee feels he/she has been asked by an employer to do anything the employee finds personally untenable, the employee has two choices.  Comply or seek employment elsewhere.  Your position here reeks of entitlement.

You’re just wrong.  Employers can’t arbitrarily impose any old rules on employees.  You can’t discriminate on the basis of race, for one.  We have a Charter of Rights and Freedoms supposedly.  Oh yeah and an Employment Standards Act   

In Florida Governor DeSantis withheld funding to any state organizations that imposed mandates on employees.  There are no mask or vaccine mandates in Florida.

”DeSantis argues vaccines and face masks should be a personal decision and persuaded the Legislature in a special session last month to outlaw vaccination mandates unless employers offer opt-outs somewhat more permissive than the Biden mandates do.”

Florida Phoenix

I’m pleased as punch to see DeSantis stand up for rights and freedoms.  Florida had a tough start, but it is now the model we should follow in Canada.  It has focused on treatment and seen its death rate plummet.  People are free.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Actually DeSantis withheld funding in Florida to any state organizations that imposed mandates on employees.  There are no mask or vaccine mandates in Florida.

”DeSantis argues vaccines and face masks should be a personal decision and persuaded the Legislature in a special session last month to outlaw vaccination mandates unless employers offer opt-outs somewhat more permissive than the Biden mandates do.”

Florida Phoenix

I’m pleased as punch to see DeSantis stand up for rights and freedoms.  Florida had a tough start, but it is now the model we should follow in Canada.  It has focused on treatment and seen its death rate plummet.  People are free.  

Cool.  But you addressed nothing.

On 7/18/2020 at 7:33 PM, eyeball said:

Governments could see a pandemic was coming years ago. Plans for dealing with the effects of locking down and economic fallout should have been well thought out of in the event of many different disasters and especially how politicizing things would turn efforts at mitigation into a shit-show.  There's no excuse for anybody pleading ignorance over this at all.

That would have cost money and interfered with all their other pet projects and campaign promises.

Glad we found something to agree on Nancy.  Now, who pray tell is oppressing you?

You don’t understand what freedom is.  Hey, I could use some free labour to reno a house.  Why don’t you and your chain gang pals get started.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Haha 1