Rayshard Brooks Killed By Police In Atlanta. Free TVs For Everyone..

10 minutes ago, Boges said:

That's pretty sweeping.

I don't think Lebron James is a loser. 

He's a total loser who plays basketball really well. 

He grew up with the same mentality as all the other BLMers. If he was 5"11 he'd be grabbing free TVs with all the other concerned citizens. 

1 hour ago, Boges said:

That's pretty sweeping.

I don't think Lebron James is a loser. 

No, just a raging hypocrite. He's desperately concerned about a dozen or so blacks dying at the hands of police here but when the China issue rose because a coach mentioned their human rights violations James had zero concerns about human rights. His only concern was about money.

On Tuesday evening, James said it was his belief that Morey was “either misinformed or not really educated on the situation” with the NBA and China and insisted that the Rockets general manager hadn’t properly considered the repercussions of his words. "So many people could have been harmed, not only financially but physically, emotionally, spiritually." he said. (ESPN reported earlier Tuesday that James and others had lost lucrative endorsement deals and appearances as part of the fallout.)

Just now, Argus said:

No, just a raging hypocrite. He's desperately concerned about a dozen or so blacks dying at the hands of police here but when the China issue rose because a coach mentioned their human rights violations James had zero concerns about human rights. His only concern was about money.

On Tuesday evening, James said it was his belief that Morey was “either misinformed or not really educated on the situation” with the NBA and China and insisted that the Rockets general manager hadn’t properly considered the repercussions of his words. "So many people could have been harmed, not only financially but physically, emotionally, spiritually." he said. (ESPN reported earlier Tuesday that James and others had lost lucrative endorsement deals and appearances as part of the fallout.)

Sure it's hypocritical. He's looking out for the growth of his industry. Like everyone does. 

This was just an example of people that are on board with BLM that are objectively not losers. 

But if the definition of loser is not how accomplished they are but what they believe then you can fit that narrative into whoever you think is a loser or not. 

Trump: Winner? Trudeau: Loser? Or vice versa. 

29 minutes ago, Boges said:

Sure it's hypocritical. He's looking out for the growth of his industry. Like everyone does. 

This was just an example of people that are on board with BLM that are objectively not losers.

There are a lot of hypocrites who have jumped on the bandwagon, from universities to politicians to corporations. The other day a local coffee house released a grovelling letter of apology because several YEARS ago a black man in their restaurant started groping women and they called the police. The man in question fought with bystanders, groped more women outside, then ran from police and fought them before being subdued. But he had an 80% blockage in his heart and died. Naturally the black activists blamed police for it. So now, four years later, they're saying they should have been his 'allie' and showed compassion, because he was alleged to have mental health issues.

I mean, the depths of grovelling the corporate world is engaging in today is almost unbelievable, and 'loser' might not be the proper term, but certain others like 'weasel', 'coward', 'craven', 'servile' and 'ignorant' certainly come to mind.

16 minutes ago, Argus said:

I mean, the depths of grovelling the corporate world is engaging in today is almost unbelievable, and 'loser' might not be the proper term, but certain others like 'weasel', 'coward', 'craven', 'servile' and 'ignorant' certainly come to mind.

You could say the same about people and groups that were against Gay Marriage before they were before it. 

Remember when Blackface was a comic tool and The General Lee was a cool car? 

I think your rejection of racial politics may find yourself on the wrong side of history. 

Edited by Boges

2 hours ago, Boges said:

You could say the same about people and groups that were against Gay Marriage before they were before it. 

No, you actually couldn't. This is not a matter of simply changing laws because we're becoming more enlightened. The entire basis for BLM's existence is an outright lie. The narrative that blacks are being 'murdered' by racist cops is a lie - a proven lie. They are being killed disproportionately because they commit violent crimes disproportionately. You are talking out of an indignation and outrage caused by a series of videos selected for you to watch by people wanting to cause that indignation and outrage. So is the black community. You are all being played.

Remember when Blackface was a comic tool and The General Lee was a cool car? 

I think your rejection of racial politics may find yourself on the wrong side of history. 

I'm on the side of the actual facts. And you have yet to enlighten me on just what you think we ought to be doing about police other than banning them from ever arresting black men. If I'm on the 'wrong side of history' what does the new history look like? I suspect it looks rather like the 1980s, with rampant crime and violence as the police back off and let the black inner city neighborhoods become a 'self cleaning oven' as they once referred to them.

Edited by Argus

13 minutes ago, Argus said:

No, you actually couldn't. This is not a matter of simply changing laws because we're becoming more enlightened. The entire basis for BLM's existence is an outright lie. The narrative that blacks are being 'murdered' by racist cops is a lie - a proven lie. They are being killed disproportionately because they commit violent crimes disproportionately. You are talking out of an indignation and outrage caused by a series of videos selected for you to watch by people wanting to cause that indignation and outrage. So is the black community. You are all being played.

Where do you note outrage in my posts? I just don't want to tell people that their lived experience is a lie, because of facts. Because those facts don't capture everything. They don't speak to how exhausting it must be for being pulled over for trivial things, over and over again. 

And it's not about laws, it's about perception and acceptance. Gay Marriage becoming legal is just the outcome. And Police reform will be the outcome here. 

I'm on the side of the actual facts. And you have yet to enlighten me on just what you think we ought to be doing about police other than banning them from ever arresting black men. If I'm on the 'wrong side of history' what does the new history look like? I suspect it looks rather like the 1980s, with rampant crime and violence as the police back off and let the black inner city neighborhoods become a 'self cleaning oven' as they once referred to them.

Remember the issues of police brutality revolve around issues where people are not committing violent crime. And yet they end up being killed. The problem isn't enforcing violent crime laws. It's about escalating situations that don't need to be. I think you agree that's a problem with police, you just don't think they target POC more than whites. 

Edited by Boges

20 minutes ago, Boges said:

I just don't want to tell people that their lived experience is a lie, because of facts.

They're not outraged because of their 'lived experience' but because of a series of videos fed to them by a media looking for outrage, and activist groups which lap it up and use that outrage for power and profit. when some black mother says she's afraid for her children, not because of black violence, but because the police might kill them - even though police kill unarmed blacks at half the rate as lightning kills blacks, that's not based on lived experience> That's based on a manufactured story.

Because those facts don't capture everything. They don't speak to how exhausting it must be for being pulled over for trivial things, over and over again. 

Yeah, that must be annoying. I don't blame them for being frustrated. But frustration is not the same as what we're seeing with this narrative.

And it's not about laws, it's about perception and acceptance.

But the perception is wrong.

Remember the issues of police brutality revolve around issues where people are not committing violent crime. And yet they end up being killed.

Which virtually never happens. Even so, it still shouldn't happen. But saying it's a training issue doesn't bring out people's anger the way saying it's a racism issue does.

I think you agree that's a problem with police, you just don't think they target POC more than whites. 

I have been speaking to the issue of lack of police training for years. Especially in regard to their ability to handle people who are armed with weapons but not firearms. But that's not what anyone is talking about and that's not what the mob is talking about. What they're talking about is defunding police, which will leave less money for training, not more.

And hey, maybe they could teach police like the Japanese do. 

Edited by Argus

5 minutes ago, Argus said:

They're not outraged because of their 'lived experience' but because of a series of videos fed to them by a media looking for outrage, and activist groups which lap it up and use that outrage for power and profit. when some black mother says she's afraid for her children, not because of black violence, but because the police might kill them - even though police kill unarmed blacks at half the rate as lightning kills blacks, that's not based on lived experience> That's based on a manufactured story.

I disagree, I think those are rallying points. But it's the overflowing of frustration about how Black are treated by police. Beyond just murder by police. Things like being thrown in federal prison for smoking a joint. 

Which virtually never happens. Even so, it still shouldn't happen. But saying it's a training issue doesn't bring out people's anger the way saying it's a racism issue does.

I have been speaking to the issue of lack of police training for years. Especially in regard to their ability to handle people who are armed with weapons but not firearms. But that's not what anyone is talking about and that's not what the mob is talking about. What they're talking about is defunding police, which will leave less money for training, not more.

It actually happens more than I'm comfortable with (against whites too). It happened in Mississauga this week. BC2004 talked about it. 

A Muslim man was having a mental health crisis and they called the cops for helped. They cops stormed the home and shot the man. That can't be good policing, not matter what the man tried to do.

1 hour ago, Boges said:

I disagree, I think those are rallying points. But it's the overflowing of frustration about how Black are treated by police. Beyond just murder by police. Things like being thrown in federal prison for smoking a joint. 

When was the last time anyone got sent to prison for smoking a joint? I simply don't believe that still happens.

1 hour ago, Boges said:

It actually happens more than I'm comfortable with (against whites too). It happened in Mississauga this week. BC2004 talked about it. 

A Muslim man was having a mental health crisis and they called the cops for helped. They cops stormed the home and shot the man. That can't be good policing, not matter what the man tried to do.

They sent an ambulance and he threatened them with a knife so they called the police. The police did as they're trained to do, which is shoot anyone with a weapon who comes too close to them. If you don't like that, then change the training, but don't blame police for doing as they are trained.

They sent an ambulance and he threatened them with a knife so they called the police. The police did as they're trained to do, which is shoot anyone with a weapon who comes too close to them. If you don't like that, then change the training, but don't blame police for doing as they are trained.

They went in the house though. And refused to let the family help. 

Again we don't know the full story and may never know because of the SIU, but it didn't seem like they were capable if deescalating anything. 

23 hours ago, Boges said:

But if the definition of loser is not how accomplished they are but what they believe then you can fit that narrative into whoever you think is a loser or not. 

Trump: Winner? Trudeau: Loser? Or vice versa. 

This forum isn't dedicated to excellence in sports. It's mostly about political discussion and social issues.

Intellectually Lebron James is a dwarf without a moral compass, just like Colin "I hate slavery but I love Mohammed" Kaepernick. 

Trump is a winner if you believe in the American Constitution. Trudeau is a loser of you believe in the Canadian Constitution. Easy peasy. 

29 minutes ago, Boges said:

You mean the Bill of Rights and Freedoms passed by his father? 

Our constitution didn't exist to keep criminal entities afloat until Trudeau created the DPA law for the sole purpose of protecting the corporation known as SNC Lavalin.

The jobs of those people weren't at stake, at all. Engineers can find another place to work. Trudeau create a law to protect criminals and then he bent our justice to protect them.

And all this for a company with a court-documented history of bribing Liberal politicians. Hmmmmmm.

Trudeau also let known terrorists come back to Canada and he re-branded them as 'fighters'. Those guys aided in a genocide. Does Trudeau support violent bigotry, as long as it's abroad?

He's a worthless piece of shit at best, and a violently-bigoted criminal scumbag at worst. 

18 hours ago, Argus said:

When was the last time anyone got sent to prison for smoking a joint? I simply don't believe that still happens.

Exactly.  I still think it would be a great idea for domestic chickenhawks to apply for jobs in law enforcement, and risk their lives and show us all how to properly conduct one's self during these incidents.  

4 hours ago, Boges said:

They went in the house though. And refused to let the family help. 

Again we don't know the full story and may never know because of the SIU, but it didn't seem like they were capable if deescalating anything. 

Imagine the shit storm that would erupt if they had let some civilian come in to plead with the man and they'd gotten stabbed. I think as a matter of policy no cop is going to allow a civilian near an armed man.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Argus said:

Imagine the shit storm that would erupt if they had let some civilian come in to plead with the man and they'd gotten stabbed. I think as a matter of policy no cop is going to allow a civilian near an armed man.

It's amazing how ignorant people, that literally know nothing about policy and procedure, that have absolutely no experience at all in law enforcement seem to think they know better.  I'd really wish these domestic chickenhawks would sign up and show us all how its done.  And be held responsible for their actions.  Like letting a civilian into the situation that could have grave consequences.  What a wrongful death lawsuit lottery ticket that would've been for someone!

29 minutes ago, Argus said:

They asked them to help, not come in and shoot him. 

2 hours ago, Boges said:

And if you ask for my help and then come at me with a knife I'll shoot you too. Funny how that works, eh? I bet you'd return the favor too. That's just the way things work. Maybe someone should communicate this information to our immigrant and refugee community, who don't seem to be aware of it.

Edited by Argus

20 minutes ago, Argus said:

And if you ask for my help and then come at me with a knife I'll shoot you too. Funny how that works, eh? I bet you'd return the favor too. That's just the way things work. Maybe someone should communicate this information to our immigrant and refugee community, who don't seem to be aware of it.

It shows that the police really aren't about protecting the public. He was mentally ill and in his home, there were no hostages. 

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/family-of-62-year-old-man-fatally-shot-by-police-in-mississauga-ont-calls-for-public-inquiry-1.499336

The victim's nephew said a video of the incident shows officers climbing up a ladder to the balcony of his uncle's unit and entering the apartment shortly before gunshots ring out.

"They kicked the door open and they said, 'Drop it.' As soon as they said drop it, they started shooting. What conversation is that," he asked.

"That is how you deal with mentally ill patients... We called these guys to help us. This is what they do?"

Police would not say what weapons the man may have had inside the apartment.

They thought he may do harm to himself. So they enter the home. The truth is, the police did the harm. 

We don't know what exactly happened. But when 3 grown ass adults can't control a senior citizen without shooting him, there's a problem. 

Just like with Brooks, two sober men get their weapon stolen from them by a drunk guy. Pathetic! 

Edited by Boges

2 hours ago, Boges said:

I think you knew that this was a waste of bandwidth before you submitted it. 

The guy put other people into a position where they felt like had to call the police. Then he was dumb enough to come at police with a knife.

1 + 1 =2. 

2 is bad.

Don't go to #2. 

R.I.P. 2s.

Edited by WestCanMan

3 minutes ago, Boges said:

It shows that the police really aren't about protecting the public. He was mentally ill and in his home, there were no hostages. 

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/family-of-62-year-old-man-fatally-shot-by-police-in-mississauga-ont-calls-for-public-inquiry-1.499336

They thought he may do harm to himself. So they enter the home. The truth is, the police did the harm. 

We don't know what exactly happened. But when 3 grown ass adults can't control a senior citizen without shooting him, there's a problem. 

Just like with Brooks, two sober men get their weapon stolen from them by a drunk guy. Pathetic! 

According to SI, your bolded part (""They kicked the door open and they said, 'Drop it.' As soon as they said drop it, they started shooting. What conversation is that," he asked.") is a lie:

the projectiles and conducted energy weapon had no effect on the man and an officer then discharged his firearm multiple times

Officers, the SIU said, were able to communicate with him through the door of the apartment unit for a period of time, but when he stopped responding, police breached the door and entered the unit.

You cited that article. You must have read those parts.

They didn't fail to have a conversation and they didn't just open fire with guns either, they tried less-lethal weapons first, to no avail. 

But when 3 grown ass adults can't control a senior citizen without shooting him, there's a problem. 

A door is a pinch point. A bottleneck. There are geological formations and building features that effectively negate the advantage of numbers and a door is one of them. Sure there were 3 cops, there could have been 80 cops in the hall, but a narrow doorway turned this into a 1-v-1 situation. Like the guy said, this all happened at the doorway. 

Do you understand that by your own cite and your own quotes it's really obvious that you're not doing a good job of understanding these types of issues? 

That family could have called someone else to help if they thought it was safe. They called police. There must have been a reason why they called police instead of a social work or a clergyman or some other type of person to the scene. The fact that weapons were involved is a good indicator of the risks involved in that scenario.

38 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I think you knew that this was a waste of bandwidth before you submitted it. 

The guy put other people into a position where they felt like had to call the police. Then he was dumb enough to come at police with a knife.

1 + 1 =2. 

2 is bad.

Don't go to #2. 

R.I.P. 2s.

He had Schizophrenia. 

Evidence that police can't deal with people with mental illness. Perhaps some of their funding can go to people that can. 

1 hour ago, Boges said:

I'm sorry, but that's emotional crap. It's unthinking. It's simplistic. They tried talking with him, and then he went silent. So yes, they were afraid he was harming himself so climbed in to see what was happening. Then he came at them with a knife. They tried the tazer and plastic bullets but they didn't affect the man, who kept coming at them with his knife, likely because he was crazed, so they shot him. Too bad and all but it's not like that was their intent when they went in.

1 hour ago, Boges said:

It has been the policy of all of our police departments for a very long time that police officers are not only not required to risk trying to disarm people with knives or other weapons, but are forbidden to try, and are, in fact, not even trained to do it because it's against policy. They are trained to use their firearm whenever anyone gets too close with a knife or other bladed weapon and refuses to stop

As for Brooks, it's not that easy to control a crazed man, especially when most of the normal methods an ordinary person would use in a fight are forbidden. There's no going for his balls or his eyes or anything like that allowed. Police are not really trained in physical confrontation. They get maybe a week or two during training and that's pretty much it. When you consider it takes roughly six months to go from a white belt to your first, lowest belt in almost any martial art, that shows just how pathetic their training is.

If you don't like that then maybe you should consider supporting increased training for police. Along with better defensive equipment to deal with knives - such as Japan has.