Coronavirus in Xinjiang

Marocc

From the silence apparently this forum doesn't care about Muslims being mistreated LOL..

I feel bad for them, who knows what kinds of terrible experiments and whatnot the Chinese do to them. 

Muslims have become what the Jews were in the early 20th century. Hated and mistrusted by so many people, persecuted by governments etc.  We really don't learn from history.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

6 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

From the silence apparently this forum doesn't care about Muslims being mistreated LOL..

I feel bad for them, who knows what kinds of terrible experiments and whatnot the Chinese do to them. 

Muslims have become what the Jews were in the early 20th century. Hated and mistrusted by so many people, persecuted by governments etc.  We really don't learn from history.

Are the Chinese the new Nazis?  The Burmese can be Italy!

8 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

And that's why people resort to terror. Can't say I blame them really. I'm pretty sure it's what most anyone would do in their shoes.

Edited by eyeball

10 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

From the silence apparently this forum doesn't care about Muslims being mistreated LOL

This thread is about the coronavirus rather. Not much to say about it for now in this context. It is not a laughing matter.

persecuted by governments

Such as?

We really don't learn from history.

We or you?

The Chinese would certainly try and limit information on the spread of the virus in the concentration camps if there was an outbreak there.  It seems likely we would know about it anyway. Information does seem to find a way to get out.

12 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Yes, indeed. There's little doubt what you would do.

Just as there's little doubt in my mind you'd be happily licking the spittle of your betters.  It's easy to see why that phase during most revolutions in which the purge of an old regime's sycophants gets ugly. It must be a real struggle to rise above it and do the right thing.

Don't worry I'll be there for you, it should be just as easy to protect you with a shovel as...you know.

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 1

It's interesting to note that even a totalitarian state with all it's powers of control and force plus a relatively compliant population can't contain this.  I wonder how successful a democracy with a population that's fairly mistrustful of it's government would be if it took similar measures?

8 minutes ago, Marocc said:

Man can't contain what man has not created.

China has done very well at "containing" it.

Animals created it, but man helped by putting them all in the same place and not cleaning up much.

China knows more than it's letting on.  Its efforts are so far beyond anything it has done in the past in order to contain what seems to be a pretty pedestrian virus.

2 minutes ago, Marocc said:

It's a new virus. But what does that have to do. With "containing" it? You really think it's easy to contain an epidemic?

I daresay some are easier than others.  I'm not a medical professional, nor do I have any interest beyond passing in medical issues such as these.

Still, are you suggesting China's efforts so far have not been extraordinary?

16 hours ago, eyeball said:

And that's why people resort to terror. Can't say I blame them really. I'm pretty sure it's what most anyone would do in their shoes.

Of course you don't blame them.  They're all innocent victims to you.  Yes, what a lovely excuse to blow up innocent people.  You're a terrorist sympathizer.  You should send ISIS a sympathy card and a large personal cheque.  Maybe start a GoFundMe.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Animals created it

Animals don't create viruses. It's pretty obvious. In other words your side stepping the fact that according to your logic the new virus came into existence by itself.

16 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Of course you don't blame them.

You're two-faced. Anyway, can you be that where it fits the topic?

47 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Of course you don't blame them.

That's what I said. I notice you never answered what you would do in their shoes? Officially declare war and send a couple of Islamic carrier groups to protect Muslims from the hegemony lined up against them? Bend over and submit? Try to negotiate...what exactly?

They're all innocent victims to you.  Yes, what a lovely excuse to blow up innocent people.  You're a terrorist sympathizer.  You should send ISIS a sympathy card and a large personal cheque.  Maybe start a GoFundMe.

C'mon, you can do better than that. I've been compared to being an acolyte of Pol Pot for trying to understand why capitalism sucks for so many people.

Edited by eyeball

48 minutes ago, eyeball said:

That's what I said. I notice you never answered what you would do in their shoes? Officially declare war and send a couple of Islamic carrier groups to protect Muslims from the hegemony lined up against them? Bend over and submit? Try to negotiate...what exactly.

Can't answer the question properly, i don't know a lot about the situation honestly.

As a pacifist I thought you'd support non-violent resistance.

1 hour ago, Marocc said:

Animals don't create viruses. It's pretty obvious. In other words your side stepping the fact that according to your logic the new virus came into existence by itself.

Of course they do.  It's not their fault, of course.  They didn't do it on purpose.

How else could they be created?

6 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

How else could they be created?

They are created by Allah like everything else.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/158179.php

They are microscopic organisms that exist almost all over the earth. They can infect animals, plants, fungi, and bacteria.

"After contacting a host cell, a virus will insert genetic material into the host and take over that host's functions.

Three competing theories try to explain the origin of viruses.

• Regressive, or reduction hypothesis: Viruses started as independent organisms that became parasites. Over time, they shed genes that did not help them parasitize, and they became entirely dependent on the cells they inhabit.
  • Progressive, or escape hypothesis: Viruses evolved from sections of DNA or RNA that "escaped" from the genes of larger organisms. In this way, they gained the ability to become independent and move between cells.
  • Virus-first hypothesis: Viruses evolved from complex molecules of nucleic acid and proteins either before or at the same time as the first cells appeared on Earth, billions of years ago."

1 minute ago, Marocc said:

They are created by Allah like everything else.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/158179.php

They are microscopic organisms that exist almost all over the earth. They can infect animals, plants, fungi, and bacteria.

"After contacting a host cell, a virus will insert genetic material into the host and take over that host's functions.

Three competing theories try to explain the origin of viruses.

• Regressive, or reduction hypothesis: Viruses started as independent organisms that became parasites. Over time, they shed genes that did not help them parasitize, and they became entirely dependent on the cells they inhabit.
  • Progressive, or escape hypothesis: Viruses evolved from sections of DNA or RNA that "escaped" from the genes of larger organisms. In this way, they gained the ability to become independent and move between cells.
  • Virus-first hypothesis: Viruses evolved from complex molecules of nucleic acid and proteins either before or at the same time as the first cells appeared on Earth, billions of years ago."

Ah.  Irreconcilable difference of opinion then.

Not much point in continuing this conversation.