Is climate change, a major concern for Canadians ....

Is climate change important to canadians   

22 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you be willing to give or contribute through taxes or donation to climate change

• Nothing, either you don't care or are not convinced yet
    • more than $100.00, but less than $ 200.00, i care but it is not a top priority
    • more than $ 200.00 but less than 500.00 , I do care
    • Anything it takes as we are in a climate emergancy...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/02/2019 at 02:12 PM

5 minutes ago, PPC2019 said:

I understand what you're say.... I get it... There are a lot of smart people, but they don't end up in government is really stupid.

Smart people ending up in government wouldn't solve the problem either. The problem is not that if smarter people were in charge everything would be better. The market knows better than any one individual or small group individuals, no matter how smart, that's why free market capitalism works much better than all the central planning schemes of the smart people ever have.

Benevolent Smart Central Planners are not the way to go, even if you could ensure they were the only one's given the power, which you can't, it would not work nearly as well as free market capitalism can, even in the best case scenario. The solution is not government intervention, just the opposite, laissez faire ftw.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Guest PPC2019
1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Smart people ending up in government wouldn't solve the problem either. The problem is not that if smarter people were in charge everything would be better. The market knows better than any one individual or small group individuals, no matter how smart, that's why free market capitalism works better than all the central planning schemes of the smart people.

Imagine with we were sitting at 100 million people. Imagine if our biggest cities were 500 000, and we still had airports, roads, rail... everything we need.

But no one had to feel guilty about a pipelines, or cutting down a few trees to build homes... Yes... we might have a few hundred restaurants too choose from instead of thousands. That could be the trade off.

I want a future, where humans don't feel like capitalism is immoral, or their wealth is a burden on the planet.

Unfortunately, were going in the direction, where more and more people are freaking out... hating capitalism... terrified of over consuming.

We're playing Russian roulette with endangered species... I don't want to pick sides... So I want to lower our numbers to shrink the system. I want the tension to stop.

8 minutes ago, PPC2019 said:

Imagine with we were sitting at 100 million people. Imagine if our biggest cities were 500 000, and we still had airports, roads, rail... everything we need.

But no one had to feel guilty about a pipelines, or cutting down a few trees to build homes... Yes... we might have a few hundred restaurants too choose from instead of thousands. That could be the trade off.

I want a future, where humans don't feel like capitalism is immoral, or their wealth is a burden on the planet.

Unfortunately, were going in the direction, where more and more people are freaking out... hating capitalism... terrified of over consuming.

We're playing Russian roulette with endangered species... I don't want to pick sides... So I want to lower our numbers to shrink the system. I want the tension to stop.

A population that small would be a lot less technologically advanced and wouldn't be able to build "everything we need", we wouldn't have the human capital to pull it off. Wealth isn't a burden on the planet, killing capitalism to save capitalism through an idiotic centrally planned depopulation scheme is a really dumb plan. If we have the resources to support a lot more people than currently exist, which we do, then having a lot less people will simply not take advantage of that to fuel the economic growth we need to really help the environment and feed the poor, etc.

This assumption that less humans will be better for the environment, or the economy, or for the much smaller population of people who do exist, is simply not true. Some places on earth need more people, some places could use less, but overpopulation on planetary scale is not a problem and having less than a billion people would not make for a better world.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Guest PPC2019
2 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

A population that small would be a lot less technologically advanced and wouldn't be able to build "everything we need", we wouldn't have the human capital to pull it off. Wealth isn't a burden on the planet, killing capitalism to save capitalism through an idiotic centrally planned depopulation scheme is a really dumb plan.

Yeah, but a population that small would maintain a decent quality for the humans who inherit this earth in 2000 years.

They way we're headed, The Syrian civil war would look like a walk in the park.

What we're doing now... will affect the planet for millions of years.

I sometimes wonder if when things get back... if we should go extinct. There is a point, where humans shouldn't have to suffer.

3 minutes ago, PPC2019 said:

Yeah, but a population that small would maintain a decent quality for the humans who inherit this earth in 2000 years.

They way we're headed, The Syrian civil war would look like a walk in the park.

What we're doing now... will affect the planet for millions of years.

I sometimes wonder if when things get back... if we should go extinct. There is a point, where humans shouldn't have to suffer.

A population that small would maintain a worse quality for the humans who inherit the earth in 2000 years than the population levels of today would maintain. Your assumption that the earth's carrying capacity can't stand having several billion people is a faulty one.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Guest PPC2019
Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

A population that small would maintain a worse quality for the humans who inherit the earth in 2000 years than the population levels of today.

Not if you put people along the coast, and got ride of globalism to build up regional economies. You just promote mixed use development. Put all the factories in one area, show the share parts. Instead of having a global supply chain.

1 minute ago, PPC2019 said:

Not if you put people along the coast, and got ride of globalism to build up regional economies. You just promote mixed use development. Put all the factories in one area, show the share parts. Instead of having a global supply chain.

Not taking advantage of comparative advantage will not the help the environment, or the economy, another faulty assumption.

Edited by Yzermandius19

On 11/1/2019 at 6:25 PM, eyeball said:

Another way to look at it and our stupid electoral system notwithstanding, is that Trudeau really didn't do much better than Scheer at capturing Canadians hearts and minds.  This could also help explain why less progressive Canadians are less eager to part with their money.

They all know both major political parties are serial virtue-signalling bull-shitters.  IOW I bet more Canadians would be willing to part with more money if they could trust it was going to be used for its intended purpose and actually make a difference.

Jacking up carbon-taxes while promising to sell more oil really is a bit of a stretch. 

Carbon taxes do not go anywhere near towards trying to off set carbon emissions in Canada. They go into general revenue where Trudeau can take that money and blow it on the rest of the world. The amount of brainwashed fools out there is truly astounding. With most of those fools, the government could tell them that their expert scientists now predict that the sky will be falling down on all of us in two years, and they would believe the government. But the government can do something about it if you just give us more of your money. Most Canadians are dumb as a rock. Here in BC, we pay the highest carbon taxes on our gas in Canada. We the people are getting ripped off with those carbon taxes that are being applied to our gasoline prices. Actually, BC has to be one of the most rip off provinces in Canada. All the government here needs to do is use a gun to steal and waste our tax dollars and that would be a real robbery in progress. Dam Canadian governments. The real enemy of we the people. :(

2 hours ago, PPC2019 said:

Jacee how are you going to save the planet with electric cars, when the population hits 15 billion. You might stop climate change, but what happens when 500 000 hungry people in Brazil decide to open up the amazon for farming?

What happens to ecosystems when we mine for rare earth minerals to produce batteries?

You got to think beyond carbon emissions and realize there is a whole basket of environmental problems that are about to get a whole lot worse, because the environmentalist are ignoring option B.

Human ingenuity, free enterprise, free markets, free speech, and all those issues can be addressed.

We can't fix the whole world, but we can fix ourselves and be a model. Human ingenuity, free enterprise, free markets, free speech, and all those issues can be addressed.

Electric cars are still apart of the industrial system, and the environmental can only handle the industrial system if we stop population growth. Then our environmental impacts can be managed without severe over regulation.

The environmentalist are fighting capitalism while ignoring overpopulation. That lead to a lower GDP per capita, extream amounts of debt, and cutbacks to environmental regulations due to lack of funding.

I'm fighting overpopulation so I can defend capitalism. That leads to a higher GDP per capita. A strong economy that can be used to pay down debt, and lots of money leftover to invest in environmental protection.

No, you're just pretending an interest in environmental issues to justify fighting overpopulation because you're a white supremacist, like others here. Our environmental issues don't arise from overpopulation, but from environmentally dangerous industries propped up by corrupt  governments misusing public funds. 

Edited by jacee
Really frustrated by weird quoting problems here.

1 minute ago, jacee said:

Human ingenuity, free enterprise, free markets, free speech, and all those issues can be addressed.

We can't fix the whole world, but we can fix ourselves and be a model. Human ingenuity, free enterprise, free markets, free speech, and all those issues can be addressed.

I actually agree with jacee for once, stop the presses.

• Like 1

Guest PPC2019

Ya but we are shutting ourselves down, because of what's happening in the rest of the world.... We're blocking oil pipelines, because environmental damage done in America, India, and China. When are we going to put Canada first.

If we want to please the world. We can export our intelligence, instead of sacrificing our economy.I'm not gonna let Alberta be made a scapegoat. They have done so many things for Canada.... We need to show we appreciate them and have their backs.

They produce 0.3% of the worlds greenhouse emissions, I don't care if we push it up to 0.5%.... and fathers can get back to work, and put food on their table.National unity is more important that virtue signaling environmental altruism to the rest of the world.

1 minute ago, PPC2019 said:

Ya but we are shutting ourselves down, because of what's happening in the rest of the world.... We're blocking oil pipelines, because environmental damage done in America, India, and China. When are we going to put Canada first.

If we want to please the world. We can export our intelligence, instead of sacrificing our economy.I'm not gonna let Alberta be made a scapegoat. They have done so many things for Canada.... We need to show we appreciate them and have their backs.

They produce 0.3% of the worlds greenhouse emissions, I don't care if we push it up to 0.5%.... and fathers can get back to work, and put food on their table.National unity is more important that virtue signaling environmental altruism to the rest of the world.

If Alberta's oilsands are profitable, then the free market will take care of it, if the oilsand's aren't profitable then the government shouldn't be propping them up to make them profitable. Economic nationalism is for rubes.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

A population that small would be a lot less technologically advanced and wouldn't be able to build "everything we need", we wouldn't have the human capital to pull it off. Wealth isn't a burden on the planet, killing capitalism to save capitalism through an idiotic centrally planned depopulation scheme is a really dumb plan. If we have the resources to support a lot more people than currently exist, which we do, then having a lot less people will simply not take advantage of that to fuel the economic growth we need to really help the environment and feed the poor, etc.

This assumption that less humans will be better for the environment, or the economy, or for the much smaller population of people who do exist, is simply not true. Some places on earth need more people, some places could use less, but overpopulation on planetary scale is not a problem and having less than a billion people would not make for a better world.

I do not get it as to why people like you seem to feel that we all will die off in Canada if Canada does not bring in hundreds of thousands of new immigrants every year. We could stop all immigration for a few years and we will do okay. More technology will still go forward without having to bring in tens of thousands of legal and illegal so called refugees into dumb ass Canada which will be taking a toll on the money needed to come up with more and better technology. The one thing you and others seem to miss here is that globalist Trudeau is anti-technology and he wants to de -industrialize Canada. All globalist Trudeau wants is more massive immigration and bring in new immigrants that can fill the empty spots at fast food restaurants and be able to clean floors. Thanks to globalist Trudeau, Canada will never reach it's full potential because we have a globalist leader and fool who despises Canada, period. 

Overpopulation in the world is causing more and greater harm and problems for the world. But many will blame Canadians for the world's problems rather than where and who it really lies with and belongs too? China, India and Africa come too mind. 

Guest PPC2019
11 minutes ago, taxme said:

Carbon taxes do not go anywhere near towards trying to off set carbon emissions in Canada. They go into general revenue where Trudeau can take that money and blow it on the rest of the world. The amount of brainwashed fools out there is truly astounding. With most of those fools, the government could tell them that their expert scientists now predict that the sky will be falling down on all of us in two years, and they would believe the government. But the government can do something about it if you just give us more of your money. Most Canadians are dumb as a rock. Here in BC, we pay the highest carbon taxes on our gas in Canada. We the people are getting ripped off with those carbon taxes that are being applied to our gasoline prices. Actually, BC has to be one of the most rip off provinces in Canada. All the government here needs to do is use a gun to steal and waste our tax dollars and that would be a real robbery in progress. Dam Canadian governments. The real enemy of we the people. :(

Well the environmentalist don't think $1.70 a liter is expensive enough. Why don't you pay $3 for your carbon tax. I'm sure the Marxists would be happy. Until mommy and daddy kick them their of the basement, and they look at $25 steaks and realize.... F'c that... I don't want my entire paycheck going to food.

If Alberta was allowed to sell to Ontario, and we actually built refineries... If you got rid of the stupid regulations, We could have gasoline at $65 cents.

11 minutes ago, PPC2019 said:

You missed the fact that we're shutting down the oil industry by removing public subsidies. That's all that's necessary, because the fossil fuel industry isn't profitable without subsidies, but renewable energy is.

Edited by jacee

Guest PPC2019
9 minutes ago, taxme said:

I do not get it as to why people like you seem to feel that we all will die off in Canada if Canada does not bring in hundreds of thousands of new immigrants every year. We could stop all immigration for a few years and we will do okay. More technology will still go forward without having to bring in tens of thousands of legal and illegal so called refugees into dumb ass Canada which will be taking a toll on the money needed to come up with more and better technology. The one thing you and others seem to miss here is that globalist Trudeau is anti-technology and he wants to de -industrialize Canada. All globalist Trudeau wants is more massive immigration and bring in new immigrants that can fill the empty spots at fast food restaurants and be able to clean floors. Thanks to globalist Trudeau, Canada will never reach it's full potential because we have a globalist leader and fool who despises Canada, period. 

Overpopulation in the world is causing more and greater harm and problems for the world. But many will blame Canadians for the world's problems rather than where and who it really lies with and belongs too? China, India and Africa come too mind. 

Overpopulation is causing the most harm to brown people... That's why they want to move to Canada.

Here's a documentary called Borderless. This girl use to be a moderate racist, but after interviewing them, she began to understand their poverty, and felt bad for them.

The people who ignore overpopulation, are the racists... They just want the cheap labor.

The people who are fighting it, want their children to be able to live in safe world... like the way we live in Canada. That's not racist.

We want Africa to become supper rich. Than maybe we can trade with them... We can visit them, and they can visit us. But right now few people want to go to Africa, because it's unsafe.

The environmentalist are also Racist.... The keep telling Canadians to lower their standards... To use energy like the Africans. 

They praise Africa for it's poverty. That sounds super racists to me.

Edited by PPC2019

8 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

If Alberta's oilsands are profitable, then the free market will take care of it, if the oilsand's aren't profitable then the government shouldn't be propping them up to make them profitable. Economic nationalism is for rubes.

Hmm ... there may be some hope for you.

White nationalism is also for "rubes".

12 minutes ago, jacee said:

Not in Canada anymore can human ingenuity, free enterprise, free markets, and free speech address any issues because Canada does not believe in any of those mentioned. Canada has become a globalist country now where only the elite globalists will rule and where free enterprise, free markets and free speech will be slowly taken away. Canada should be one of the wealthiest debt free nations in the world, and all Canadians wealthy as chit, but sadly, Canada and Canadians are not. Our Canadian peso says this is one of the the reasons why.  

Hey, taxme and PPC ... the thread is about climate change. 

Overpopulation is not the problem.

Fossil fuels are the problem.

But don't fret, we've already solved it: We remove public subsidies from the fossil fuel industries, because they're not profitable without it. Investors flock to green industries, renewable energy.

Done.

You can start another thread about overpopulation. :P

21 minutes ago, taxme said:

Canada's birth rate is below replacement, Canada is nowhere near overpopulate. If you want less immigrants, have more kids.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Guest PPC2019
12 minutes ago, jacee said:

You missed the fact that we're shutting down the oil industry by removing public subsidies. That's all that's necessary, because the fossil fuel industry isn't profitable without subsidies, but renewable energy is.

Renewable energy isn't profitable, because the people designing green products are more greedy than the oil companies. They are doing everything they can to keep renewable technology unaffordable.

You should see how much they charge for their workshops...

When graduated university, I was dumb enough to go to a store that charged $400 for a slideshow lecture on wind turbines.

If I go to a conservative convention, I can get tickets for $50.

The greens think they can rip people off, just because they're saving the planet. It gives them the moral excuse to do whatever they want.

Hmm ... there may be some hope for you.

White nationalism is also for "rubes".

Has Trudeau liberal globalism made Canada great yet? I don't think so. The "rubes" are the ones who believe that globalism is the answer and will solve all the world's problems. NOT. Only White conservative nationalism is what will save this sad pathetic country called Chanukistan. With liberal globalism all one gets is more government, more taxes, and less freedom, where with nationalism it will get rid of high taxes, have less government, and allow more freedom. Why does Canada have marketing boards? That is not free enterprise. That is private enterprise, and Canadians pay more for their foods because of marketing boards.There sure does appear to be quite a few anti free loving market members here who for some silly butt reason hates nationalism. If one is for globalism then one is for communism. If one is for nationalism than one believes in freedom and the free enterprise system where all benefit, not just a few. 

Personally, I do not see any hope for you. Just saying. ;)

Guest PPC2019
1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Canada's birth rate is below replacement, you want less immigrants, have more kids.

Or we can decrease our population, who says we need Toronto to grow?

Instead of concentrating in the biggest cities, why don't we spread out?

3 minutes ago, PPC2019 said:

Or we can decrease our population, who says we need Toronto to grow?

Instead of concentrating in the biggest cities, why don't we spread out?

If people want to spread out, fine, if they want to go to Toronto, I have no problem with that either. Government doesn't need to step in on this one. Decreasing our population makes no sense, we are the most sparsely populated nation of any real size in the world, we need more people, not less. If your overpopulation dogma is so ingrained that you think even a country as large as Canada needs a smaller population, you are too far gone to be reasoned with.

Edited by Yzermandius19

8 minutes ago, jacee said:

Hey, taxme and PPC ... the thread is about climate change. 

Overpopulation is not the problem.

Fossil fuels are the problem.

But don't fret, we've already solved it: We remove public subsidies from the fossil fuel industries, because they're not profitable without it. Investors flock to green industries, renewable energy.

Done.

You can start another thread about overpopulation. :P

Fossil Fuels are not the problem, they are main reason the US it cutting it's carbon emissions, instead of increasing them. If you really want to lower carbon emission you need to drop the knee jerk fossil fuel hatred, and focus on the free market.

Edited by Yzermandius19