Getting Away With Murder?

J4L

If you could get away with killing another human being, would you? I think I could, if it was at a time of war, or a major conflict with someone destroying or my family's well being.  However, prison is a deterrent. 

Edited by J4L

6 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

How about getting away with putting someone on my ignore list?

How about answering the question. Please, Michael. Do not be rude.

You are my friend, Michael. You would never ignore me.

Edited by J4L

I am resolved to kill and/or die as necessary to defend and uphold the Glorious Revolution of 1688, but by no means am I eager.

I was indoctrinated by the state to kill without quarter nor mercy within the confines of a narrow set of legal, moral and ethical parameters.

Mass murder on behalf of the British Crown is rather a service rendered unto Her Majesty in extremis as a duty.

For the most part, as a freedom lover, I have no desire to deprive someone of their life arbitrarily.

None the less, should the threshold be met for violence of action in collective and individual self defence, I would not tarry nor hesitate.

In terms of the act of killing, I compartmentalize that within its context as war, thus it becomes rather procedural, battle procedure in fact; on time, on target, on mission, Ducimus.

34 minutes ago, J4L said:

Sorry about the drunk posting. However, it is an ethical dilemma. The Germans taught us in WW2 that ordinary men can do great atrocities under orders. 

Was the Germans in the Second World War who taught me not to be a pacifist.

Specifically the 'Sardine Technique' employed by the Einzatsgruppen in Eastern Europe.

Wherein they would force whole families, grandparents, parents, children, to lie down in a mass grave, interlocking for efficiency, with the executioners walking on their backs, shooting them in the head one after the next, the families choosing this death over the alternative of being beaten to death instead.

Don't remember exactly how old I was when I discovered this, six or seven, still in short pants tho, but that was the point wherein I decided I could not be a pacifist as my father was before me, but rather I would be a soldier of the Crown, like my grandfather, and great grandfather before him.

On 7/25/2019 at 10:56 AM, J4L said:

Sorry about the drunk posting. However, it is an ethical dilemma. The Germans taught us in WW2 that ordinary men can do great atrocities under orders. 

It was not only the Germans that were the only ones that committed atrocities and murder against their enemies during WW2. The Americans, British, Canadian and Russian soldiers also committed many atrocities and murder against the German soldiers. The Russians were the worse. They murdered thousands of German prisoners while in their custody. In war anything goes. But for some reason the Germans were always the bad guys in that war. I guess it is because to the winner goes the spoils and the propaganda. We are reminded of that propaganda just about every night on TV. It's Hitler this, and Nazi's that, ad nauseam.  :rolleyes:

Speaking of getting away with it, the complicity of local partisans is under reported in the establishment narrative.

The SS preferred to employ proxies on the Eastern Front, some of the worst mass murders were perpetrated by locals against locals.

Romanians, Latvians and Ukrainians were up to their armpits in their own peoples blood, with the SS remaining in the background.

On 7/25/2019 at 5:54 AM, J4L said:

If you could get away with killing another human being, would you? I think I could, if it was at a time of war, or a major conflict with someone destroying or my family's well being.  However, prison is a deterrent. 

If I could hear their music I would. 

If I was feeling particularly magnanimous, I might give them the opportunity to turn it off.