Trudeau lying about SNC

19 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Let me know when the likes of you are ready to give the likes of me the green light to start cutting, there will be no part of government which will not face the ax, I assure you.

The fact of the matter is, I am simply outvoted by those who refuse to limit government in any way at all, I mean,  we can't even touch the Beer Store monopoly thanks to entrenched interest cronies like you.

What cuts would you propose.?  Let's hear your platform first.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/snc-lavalin-shakeup-1.5219969

Canadian engineering giant SNC-Lavalin announced a major organizational change on Monday, one that will see the company possibly get out of the oil and gas business and stop pursuing one kind of contracting work entirely.

Before stock markets opened on Monday, the company announced it will take a $1.9 billion writedown on its quarterly earnings to reflect the changes it plans to make, including a pivot back toward the kind engineering work that it sees as key to its future.

SNC says it plans to get out of the business of what it calls "lump-sum turnkey contracting," which is work that a contractor such as SNC would do for a fixed cost to a customer, with the company on the hook for delays and cost overruns. That made up about 43 per cent of its revenue last year.

In light of the overhaul, the company says it has withdrawn all of its previous guidance for its earnings this year, because of the uncertainty of the new strategy.

Maybe this company just needs to stop existing.

• 2 weeks later...

The company that just keeps on giving us good news.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/snc-lavalin-fails-technical-score-twice-1.5237774

SNC-Lavalin failed to meet the minimum 70 per cent technical score in its bid to extend the Trillium Line not just once, but twice.

The city's technical evaluation team — comprised of city engineers, consultants and subject experts — gave the struggling Montreal-based company a collective score of 63.6 per cent in early October 2018.

But days later, the committee overseeing the procurement project asked the team to re-evaluate the technical bids.

The second time around, SNC-Lavalin scored 67.3 per cent.

In fact, according to CBC sources, all three bidders for the contract to extend the north-south LRT line saw their scores rise a few points on the second round of evaluation. But both times, only SNC-Lavalin scored under the minimum threshold of 70 per cent.

The company was awarded the $1.6-billion contract by council in March this year.

FFS. Expect the next phase to be at least 2B over budget. Mark this post for future reference. I would love to be wrong on this but we know what we are dealing with here. They failed to meet the tech spec twice!! These are not exams and tests that can be done over and over. You meet the score or not. And if you don't you cannot get the contract. The City of Ottawa is breaking it's own rules and laws regarding infrastructure projects by allowing SNC-Lavalin to continue working on the project.

Also, the facking gall of this company.

Kanellakos said the city received a legal opinion from Norton Rose Fulbright advising that if it didn't allow SNC-Lavalin to continue on in the process after missing the technical bar by just a few points — whether three or six — the city could open itself up to legal action from the company, which could have challenged the scoring if it ended up losing the bid.

More blackmail from a company that has been very effective at blackmailing governments. Government needs to step in, cease their operations and cancel all current contracts. This company simply cannot be trusted.

Dougie cutting is like circumcision. So one should be circumspect about cuts. Too much and it  causes unintended negative consequences. Too little and it defeats the purpose. I would like to think my purpose in life was shaped by the right cuts. Then again as a Jewish person my analogy has gone as far as it can go other than to say make sure what you cut is not necessary for performance. Too many cuts and you end up with non productive entities.

Let's just say there is a range with Justin Trudeau on one side, and Shaq O'Neil on the other.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-snc-ethics-commissioner-violated-code-1.5246551

Anyone surprised?? 

"The evidence showed there were many ways in which Mr. Trudeau, either directly or through the actions of those under his direction, sought to influence the Attorney General," Dion wrote, in his report released Wednesday.

"The Prime Minister, directly and through his senior officials, used various means to exert influence over Ms. Wilson‑Raybould. The authority of the Prime Minister and his office was used to circumvent, undermine and ultimately attempt to discredit the decision of the Director of Public Prosecutions as well as the authority of Ms. Wilson‑Raybould as the Crown's chief law officer," Dion said.

Dion found Trudeau contravened Section 9 of the Conflict of Interest Act through a series of "flagrant attempts to influence" Wilson‑Raybould. That section prohibits any official responsible for high level decision-making in government from seeking to influence the decision of another person to "improperly further another person's private interests."

Also do any of you care anymore?

On 8/8/2019 at 1:32 PM, Rue said:

Dougie cutting is like circumcision. So one should be circumspect about cuts. Too much and it  causes unintended negative consequences. Too little and it defeats the purpose. I would like to think my purpose in life was shaped by the right cuts. Then again as a Jewish person my analogy has gone as far as it can go other than to say make sure what you cut is not necessary for performance. Too many cuts and you end up with non productive entities.

Let's just say there is a range with Justin Trudeau on one side, and Shaq O'Neil on the other.

Suit yourself, old bean, I can play it any way you want to play it, I have no compunction whatsoever about being a disaster capitalist as necessary, with debt crisis comes fixed income opportunity.

18 hours ago, GostHacked said:

The only surprise is that Canadian voters are collectively so stupid they will probably re-elect the criminals who enabled SNC at the Federal, provincial and municipal level over and over and over again.

• Thanks 1