How Justin Trudeau made Canada the Weakest Link

Hard to ignore now....everything has gone wrong...except for legalized cannabis.

This thread presents and discusses the many ways that Justin Trudeau and his inept government has bungled things badly...internationally...and domestically.

Let's start with China, because that's where Trudeau's teets are deepest in the wringer:

Trudeau’s idealism has no place in a realistic vision of foreign policy, particularly since the finger-wagging has already proven counter-productive with prospective trading partners

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/john-ivison-when-it-comes-to-china-trudeau-needs-to-stop-lecturing-and-start-selling

I haven't had any problems tbh, it's a little dry like its been sitting in the warehouse, but it's decent enough, not BC Bud by any means, it's comparable to Ontario Hydro.  Pretty much one day delivery, so that's convenient.

My concern is not the houli, it's the taxpayer, because the Canadian model is gonna be a money loser, while the US model explodes across the USA and then the Americans eat Canada's dope lunch.

Not even the best dope can hide what has happened with China, where Trudeau has gone from a trade mission debacle last year to a full blown international crisis over the detention of a Chinese national for extradition to the United States.

Both China and Canada have escalated the rhetoric, which means far more to China and face saving.

This in and of itself would not be a mortal sin, but Team Trudeau has also made enemies of several other nations along the way.   

Edited by bush_cheney2004

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Not even the best dope can hide what has happened with China, where Trudeau has gone from a trade mission debacle last year to a full blown international crisis over the detention of a Chines national for extradition to the United States.

Both China and Canada have escalated the rhetoric, which means far more to China and face saving.

This in and of itself would not be a mortal sin, but Team Trudeau has also made enemies of several other nations along the way.   

Oh indeed, it's utter chaos, and China is just one thing, I mean this is on top of the cringe worthy clown show in India, and caving to USMCA, and GM evacuating Oshawa, and so on and so on.

Love it.  Burn baby burn.  I have no interests the federal government, and I've got Ontario to run, I don't care about the rest of the dingbats, one dingbat province is all I can stomach.

Ironically, Justin Trudeau's "feminist agenda" focus in trade negotiations is seen as very arrogant....hence there is no mystery to why it has failed to win big deals, especially with China:

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/the-current-for-december-08-2017-the-current-1.4437902/trudeau-s-progressive-trade-agenda-with-china-seen-as-arrogant-say-critics-1.4438225

china-canada.jpg

The "Huawei Crisis of 2019" easily found the weakest link with Justin Trudeau's government and a so called China policy now in full collapse.   Not only did Team Trudeau fail to understand early on what was at stake with Huawei, they have also reacted poorly to the inevitable conflict that should have been recognized long ago.

Canada was going to have some sort of a Huawei crisis in 2019, one way or another. And it was going to be explosive. The Chinese telecommunications giant was on a collision course with the federal government, and it was increasingly likely that there would be an ugly and intractable showdown with the Chinese private sector that would trigger a telling response from President Xi Jinping’s regime – a response that would strike a damaging blow to what remains of the Trudeau government’s once-hopeful China policy.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/article-how-the-huawei-crisis-has-exploded-trudeaus-china-policy/

It's not the Canadian government who is blocking China from cryptographic access to the UKUSSAN Internet of Things, no doubt the Eskimo Commies are the Fifth Column of Beijing, but this is simply a mutiny against that Eye by the other four Eyes, led by the Big Two, in defence of Starfleet Command at Fort Meade.

But that is part of the problem....Team Trudeau was naive enough to believe that its feminist agenda was more important than geopolitical realities on the ground...and across the ocean.    The red flags (pun intended) were flying long ago about Huawei, but Trudeau was clueless.

8 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

But that is part of the problem....Team Trudeau was naive enough to believe that its feminist agenda was more important than geopolitical realities on the ground...and across the ocean.    The red flags (pun intended) were flying long ago about Huawei, but Trudeau was clueless.

I don't think they actually believe all that pap, they're just stealing the NDP platform verbatim to render the NDP irrelevant so the Liberals can rule the gulag indefinitely.

In terms of the MP's, I just think they are there for the cushy job and pension and to see what shady backroom influence peddling they might profit from.

Two Global Hegemons smacking them around from the highest levels I think comes as a complete shock to them and they haven't quite oriented themselves to what is going on yet.

Edited by Dougie93

5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Two Global Hegemons smacking them around from the highest levels I think comes as a complete shock to them and they haven't quite oriented themselves to what is going on yet.

I find it very hard to believe that a struggling "middle power" like Canada wouldn't at least have government egg heads and policy wonks to analyze and understand all the possibilities and realities in the real world outside Canada....informing Trudeau no matter how stupid he may appear. 

There are also private sector think tanks in Canada that saw all this coming.  

They are doing exactly the opposite of what any professional economist would advise them to do, they are doing the exact opposite of what any national security professional would advise them to do, so I don't see why they would be taking DFAIT's advice neither.

This is not Pierre Elliot Trudeau, this is Kathleen Wynne, who is a dingbat, who did everything for the purposes of influence peddling in order to perpetuate influence peddling.

This Trudeau Government, is a classic Self Licking Ice Cream Cone.

Edited by Dougie93

17 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Maybe, but it's not like Jeane Chretien is dead.

Trudeau hasn't figured out yet how to oppose the hated Americans just enough to get votes in Canada, but not enough to destroy Canada's economy and influence by doing so.  

His father knew how to do this.   

Shithead is dstroying this country.