Yes Or No Question

RE::Question;

Which Party allowed tens of millions of dollars to go missing under Adscam?

A. The Liberals?

B. The Communist Party?

C. The Marijuana Party?

Notice how Conservative types avoid the question by asking other questions.

This is not the question asked in this thread! If you want answers to other questions start another thread!

Now would you like to take a stab at answering the question for this thread?

See proof they cannot answer a simple question!

Typical Conservative supporters! :P

I would suggest this as nothing more than further evidence that THELIBERAL is nothing more than a troll looking to start trouble. I can't recall him ever posting anything other than taunts.

QUESTION:::: Did the Conservatives bring in the G.S.T? :P

Yes!

And after almost 15 years, you'd think people would finally get around to recognizing what a wise policy it was.

Would Paul Martin have been able to balance the budget without the GST? Fat chance.

Would Canadian businesses be able to compete in the international marketplace if the GST had not replaced the MFT? No.

Has the GST caused any of the harmful effects that its critics claimed it would? Not a one.

Let's face it: the Liberals would abolish the GST tomorrow if they could. But they won't, because they know that ultimately the GST was the right policy. Why don't you Liberal types give Mr Mulroney and his party some credit for replacing the punitive MFT with a transparent and equitable system.

-k

See proof they cannot answer a simple question!

Typical Conservative supporters! :P

He actually did answer the question in a slightly roundabout way.

QUESTION:::: Did the Conservatives bring in the G.S.T? :P

Yes!

And after almost 15 years, you'd think people would finally get around to recognizing what a wise policy it was.

Would Paul Martin have been able to balance the budget without the GST? Fat chance.

Would Canadian businesses be able to compete in the international marketplace if the GST had not replaced the MFT? No.

Has the GST caused any of the harmful effects that its critics claimed it would? Not a one.

Let's face it: the Liberals would abolish the GST tomorrow if they could. But they won't, because they know that ultimately the GST was the right policy. Why don't you Liberal types give Mr Mulroney and his party some credit for replacing the punitive MFT with a transparent and equitable system.

-k

I could not have said it better. Good show.

Did you notice not one Conservative supporter could answer the question with a simple yes or no which I asked for they just had to ramble on about this or that!

This thread although simple in context it does speak volumes of just what Conservatives are really like!

They just cannot admit to anything the Conservative party has done without trashing the Liberal's policies!

A simple yes or no answer they cannot handle BECAUSE it would in fact be dealing with the truth!

The truth here is the G.S.T. was brought in by the Mulroney Conservative government and he appointed several senators to get it passed quicky through the senate!

THAT IS THE TRUTH THOSE ARE THE FACTS! :D

The problem with this thread, and so many others, is that instead of opening up a political issue for discussion, it is simply attacking a large segment of the people on this "discussion" forum under the thin guise of political discussion.

If I may answer the thread-opening question; YES.

If I may also answer the question posed in the second post; YES.

The Conservatives brought in the GST, which I am not crazy about, but at least they did so openly and honestly.

The Liberals promised to get rid of it if they were voted in.

Well, they've been in for what, 14 years now???

Not seeing much progress on that front.

So, THE LIBERAL, to put your own question back to you with a twist, please answer my following question without any riders, simply answer "A" or "B".

What is worse;

A )) someone who makes unpopular decisions, and does so honestly,

or

B )) someone who breaks their promises to a nation for political gain???

RE::Perhaps you should keep that in mind in the future before setting up such questions.

Perhaps you should learn how to answer a question with yes or no as asked for before you go berating me my friend!

If you are unable to answer the question with a simple yes or no as asked then may I suggest you ignore the thread altogether!

Or can't you even do that?

RE::Hey LIB quit being such a dink and answer the questions!

Name calling is not allowed here! As for your questions start another thread if you want other questions asked. If I feel like answering them I will respond to them if I don't want to answer them I'll simply ignore them.

If you want me to answer my own question in this thread the answer is::: YES!

Did the Conservatives bring in the G.S.T?

Of course they did. It was a creation of the Mulroney government. It was wrong, and as a true conservative, I'm able to admit it. However, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. It's been kept in existence by the liberal government, who promised to do away with it. So there's plenty of blame to go around. It looks as though, the only way to get rid of it, is to elect a conservative government, because both the liberals and NDP are in love with the tax.

RE::Perhaps you should keep that in mind in the future before setting up such questions.

Perhaps you should learn how to answer a question with yes or no as asked for before you go berating me my friend!

If you are unable to answer the question with a simple yes or no as asked then may I suggest you ignore the thread altogether!

Or can't you even do that?

First, I answered your question with a "YES".

Or maybe you didn't catch that.

Then I went on to answer another question with another "YES".

Perhaps you missed that also.

Then I posed two questions to you, which you have still failed to address.

I fulfilled your request, ie; answering with a simple yes or no.

You have still failed to answer mine, other than dithering and squirming your way out of giving an answer.

You accuse only right-wingers of this tactic.

Pot calling kettle black????

Did the Conservatives bring in the G.S.T?

Of course they did. It was a creation of the Mulroney government. It was wrong, and as a true conservative, I'm able to admit it. However, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. It's been kept in existence by the liberal government, who promised to do away with it. So there's plenty of blame to go around. It looks as though, the only way to get rid of it, is to elect a conservative government, because both the liberals and NDP are in love with the tax.

Why exactly do you say its wrong? If they didn't do that, where would the extra revenue come from?