The Next Prime Minister of Alberta

I started another thread on this forum which is about Prof. Leon Craig's comments on Alberta and our place in Canada. From the comments I am astonished at the ignorance of TROC too recent political events in Alberta and the possible repercussions for TROC. Dr. Morton was elected as an Alberta Senator by more votes than the Premier of Canada and democratically. He has since been elected as a PC MLA in Alberta. He will be contesting for the position of Prime Minister of Alberta when Klein steps down. If he becomes Prime Minister here is a heads up for the ROC. If you dislike Prof. Craig's essay you will find little joy with Dr. Morton. Whither the West: Firewalls or Bridges?

Ted Morton

Globe and Mail

June 30, 2004

Monday's election results were a bitter pill for most Western Canadians. Not only did Harper and his new Conservative Party fail to make the necessary break through in vote-rich Ontario, but the so-called "party of national unity" had once again used the regional divide-and-conquer strategy to bring their stray Ontario sheep back into the Liberal fold.

** Post Removed Due to Copyright Infringement **

Edited by Greg

Guest eureka

Actually, I am more amused at your ignorance of everything about Alberta and Canada and can probably tell you more about Alberta than you can tell me about "TROC." That is more amused at your ignorance about those things not about your ignorance in general. That is not amusing.

As I have posted elsewhere, I think the separatists of Quebec should be given Anticosti Island and helped with the transportation to there. You and your idols should be found a similar spot in Alberta and provided with the necessities of life for the primitive existence that you will encounter.

You and your ilk are just a bloody nuisance that no civilized country deserves to put up with.

Actually, I am more amused at your ignorance of everything about Alberta and Canada and can probably tell you more about Alberta than you can tell me about "TROC." That is more amused at your ignorance about those things not about your ignorance in general. That is not amusing.

As I have posted elsewhere, I think the separatists of Quebec should be given Anticosti Island and helped with the transportation to there. You and your idols should be found a similar spot in Alberta and provided with the necessities of life for the primitive existence that you will encounter.

You and your ilk are just a bloody nuisance that no civilized country deserves to put up with.

We love you too eureka, come visit us sometime ;)

Premier is the French word for Prime Minister, I am not French and neither is Alberta. Hence the correct name which is Prime Minister each Province is already a Sovereign State with a Prime Minister, a Parliament and a Head of State.

Premier is an English word as well, and is the generally accepted term for the first minister of each provincial parliament. I don't know how you've come to believe that each province is a sovereign state, but you're sadly mistaken.

I don't know how you've come to believe that each province is a sovereign state, but you're sadly mistaken.

Say the guy from ontario :rolleyes:

Ted morton looks like a nice choice rbacon, that would be great to have another province that stands for its principle in this country.

Quebec hasn't seceded yet because a majority of Quebecois realize that la belle province couldn't carry it's own weight as an independant state. Better to keep a cadre of Quebec-friendly political hacks in Ottawa, and keep the federal cash flowing from West to East. So much for "principle".