Message for My French Candians Friends

Digby..........you are correct about the Quebecois having their own history books, probably edited by Jose Legault.

We have had enough BS in Canada with Quebec. They have had 2 kicks at the can and failed. From now on any referendum will be run under Ottawa's rules - the Clarity Act! Watch and see with a straight forward question rather than the PQ BS, and you are going to see a drastic drop in support for these Quebec separatist yahoos!

I have a message for my French-Canadian friends.

Do you remember the battle of the Plains of Abraham?

Any time you want to go two out of three just let me know!

What a wonderful basis for the existence of a country.

Exactly August... Imagine two seperatist parties running things... oops, one seperatist and the Western run CPC. :D

Quebeckers have it mighty good. The French were defeated by the English yet were allowed to keep their language, etc. If Canada still isn't good enough for some of these malcontents, these nutbar nationalists, let they go back to France where they came from. There are a lot of other people in the world who would love to take their place. God I'm tired of the whining both from Quebec and Alberta! :ph34r:

Thats prolly the part you dont understand bigdude, we are not a toy that you own and play with as you want for your self interest... In fact the more the canadian government will get his nose in quebec business, the higher the support for sovreignty will go up.The less he will put his nose in, sovreignty support will drop cause we wont have to do it. Call it whinning, ill call it respect cause thats what it his, when you have a friend, you respect his decision, you respect his opinion you don't force him to do what you want or manipulate him like a toy...

What more do you want?

To get rid of all people in Quebec because they are not, what was that phrase Parizeau used: "Quebec Stock""?

Separatists, who have just over 10% support btw, need to stop lying to eveyone. French is supported across the country. but when it comes to social programs if we are to be a successful society we require national standards across Canada. This opting out is bulcanizing our country and not only do we need to put a stop to it, we need to reverse some of these idiotic decisions to allow provinces special control over things like immigration. We have a federal governemnt that is quite capable of deciding who we let in, and who we don't let into Canada.

And let's also get real about the Gomery Commission - sad to have to say it, but it is all about Quebeckers!

What more do you want?

To get rid of all people in Quebec because they are not, what was that phrase Parizeau used: "Quebec Stock""?

Separatists, who have just over 10% support btw, need to stop lying to eveyone. French is supported across the country. but when it comes to social programs if we are to be a successful society we require national standards across Canada. This opting out is bulcanizing our country and not only do we need to put a stop to it, we need to reverse some of these idiotic decisions to allow provinces special control over things like immigration. We have a federal governemnt that is quite capable of deciding who we let in, and who we don't let into Canada.

Well thats not what quebecer and the west want, so either the government can get used to it or push em out of the country. And btw, i don't know where you are getting this 10%, the last poll about sovreignty support ( yesterday) was at 54% with partnership, 46% without partnership.

And let's also get real about the Gomery Commission - sad to have to say it, but it is all about Quebeckers!

if you want to be more precise you must say the Liberal quebecers... cause the bloc has nothing to do in this scandal.

I truly hope the Liberals win this next election, because then it will give the seperatist movements in both Western Canada and Quebec the boost they need to leave the tyranny of Ontario Liberalism ;) Sooner or later Ontario is going to have to realize that the country shouldn't revolve around their every whim, and if it takes seperation to make that so then so be it.. it is by their own hand =)

A Quebecker's a Quebecker as far as I am concerned!

My reasoning is as follows:

Take Lucien Bouchard: One day a Conservative the next day a Blochead

Take Rene Levesque: One day a Liberal, the next day a Pequiste <_<

I take it you've given up on Action Jack's attempts to boost NDP fortunes in La Belle Province?

-k

Sooner or later Ontario is going to have to realize that the country shouldn't revolve around their every whim, and if it takes seperation to make that so then so be it.. it is by their own hand =)

Being from Ontario, this is news to me.

I'm, going to have to start thinking up some good whims.

I've wasted so much time not having my whims revolved around.

Even my neighbour is unaware of this.

He's got some pretty good whims saved up, too.

:rolleyes:

Guest eureka

I am heading for the Bank to my safety deposit box in a few minutes. I want to get out some old, unsatisfied whims that I gave up on.

I hadn't realised that there had been a change in political culture that would gratify my long lost desires.

Such a sad thread.

It reminds me of Yugoslavia.

Let's get a grip and remember that Alberta and Quebec have issues, and although I don't agree with them, they have a right to whine and moan.

As for Ontario's power: over 1/3 of the country lives in Ontario. Quebec and Alberta are minorities. I find it especially hipocritical how Alberta has 3 million people, but demand the same amoutn of representation as a province that has 8 million -- but at the same time, tramples on minority rights.

As for Quebec, they represent under 1/4 of the population, and are overrepresented in parliament, and are very represented in Ottawa.

Ontario + Atlantic Canada + Sask. + Manitoba + BC = majority of Canada.

And they don't whine too much.

So, let's just remind ourselves that most of Canada is great. :D

A related statistic popped up in an article I read this weekend...

Albertans, on average, each pay $2,491 more in taxes to Ottawa than they receive back in financial benefits, said Ronald Kneebone, economist at the University of Calgary, citing the most recent Statistics Canada numbers from 2002.

In comparison, Ontarians pay $1,749 more in taxes to the federal government than they receive back in funding.

Canoe article

The article is about the Alberta government's decision to pursue a deal similar to the one Ontario received last week.

-k

A Quebecker's a Quebecker as far as I am concerned!

My reasoning is as follows:

Take Lucien Bouchard: One day a Conservative the next day a Blochead

Take Rene Levesque: One day a Liberal, the next day a Pequiste <_<

Lucien Bouchard left the conservative to create the Bloc...

Rene Levesque left the PROVINCIAL liberal to create the PQ...

Its not a 1 day change and both have nothing to do with the Federal liberal. I just don't think its fair to point all quebeckers because a few Liberal federal in quebec cheated, i don't see why liberal opponnent and the whole province should be responsible for a liberal scandal.

Guest eureka

I agree with you, Bakunin. Perhaps you could explain, though, wht Quebeckers are so enraged and willing to vote for Duceppe et al.

Recognising that is a few bad apples, why is there no sense of proportion in Quebec?

Thx Kimmy. :)

Recognising that is a few bad apples, why is there no sense of proportion in Quebec?

The BQ and large segments of Quebec society absolutely revelled in the pork. They loved it. Just check out Hansard and read how much the BQ loved the pork, and listen to the howls when the pork was being shut off.

Not all Quebeckers, but many Quebeckers, got caught with their hands in the cookie jar, and now they do the true Canadian thing: make it out as though THEY are the ones who are the victims.

Not all Quebeckers are guilty, but I think certainly, many Quebeckers contributed to the problem by demanding so much that did not belong to them.

It is quite interesting how the tables have turned. It used to be that us Westerners were the ones angry at Quebec for whining. Now, I think, many of us have realized that Quebec isn't the problem, it's Ontario trying to control everyone. As for the 'Plains of Abraham' smack talk, Canada is a vastly different country now. I highly doubt there would be much eagerness on the english side for violence. Why be angry at Quebec for wanting a little self-governance. It doesn't have to be this bitter separation. Let them go. Enough of the Ontario imperialism.