Government Brainwashing

ndpnic

After reading the varied posts on this forum and others, speaking with people in general, and seeing films like "Grass" and "Farenhite 911", it leads me to wonder about the Boomer generation.

it would appear that they were subject to MASS Government Brainwashing.

The anti Pot ads are absolutely laughable!!! I have NEVER in 16 years of partaking seen anyone turn into a Zombie, go wild and hurt people, or become homeless!!!

Back in the 40's and 5o's the Governments used scare tactics (much like certain Governments are presently doing), using peoples fear of the unknown to control them.

The Boomers in general seem like a Scared, Selfish, Intolerant, Self Righteous, Hypocritical, Greedy, Flock of Sheep!!!!

The Governments did their work well!!!!!

this is an important subject that i have been talking to people about. not necessarily about brain washing... but about the concerns of a huge and powerful number of old people. old people do become more 'conservative' but not due to experience. as they grow closer to retirement then they become more fiscally conservative (as they should). its a universal fear to retire poor and the boomers are acting accordingly to avoid such a situation whether whole societies are destroyed or not. it doesn't matter to them... they only have a few years left.

global warming is not an issue for them... gas prices are. the homeless are not an issue... prescription drug prices are. the list goes on.

this is where democracy kind of falls flat. at least in the first past the post and party driven system. the majority imposes its interests on the minority (in this case the younger generation). and this majority are capable of bankrupting nations and not being around to experience the bad effects.

and this majority are capable of bankrupting nations and not being around to experience the bad effects. 

To they extent they have children, then they have a direct connection to the future and conditions of life in the future.

They do have a link, but are too selfish to leave anything behind.

After reading the varied posts on this forum and others, speaking with people in general, and seeing films like "Grass" and "Farenhite 911", it leads me to wonder about the Boomer generation.

it would appear that they were subject to MASS Government Brainwashing.

The anti Pot ads are absolutely laughable!!! I have NEVER in 16 years of partaking seen anyone turn into a Zombie, go wild and hurt people, or become homeless!!!

Back in the 40's and 5o's the Governments used scare tactics (much like certain Governments are presently doing), using peoples fear of the unknown to control them.

The Boomers in general seem like a Scared, Selfish, Intolerant, Self Righteous, Hypocritical, Greedy, Flock of Sheep!!!!

The Governments did their work well!!!!!

Fucking couldn't agree more!

The worst is how righteous they get about the new generation. "Oh you guys are so violent just like the greasers!"

And then they have all that undeserved nostalgia about the 60's! :angry: I mean give me a break, just because black people can piss in the same toilets as white people in the southern United States (which, don't get me wrong, is great!) doesn't mean that racism is anywhere near strangled. Liberals and conservatives can now cover-up their racist motives with politically correct jargon, and all of the sudden everything is right with the world :rolleyes: .

If you represent the generation following the "Boomer" generation, then God help you and God help the world.

What a pathetically inept lot you are. Bitter, angry, and ignorant. Ignorant of what it is all about and ignorant of the struggles of the generation that brought you miserable worms into the world: that spoiled and pampered you to an age when previous generations had attained maturity and were trying to contribute to the future for you

They did indeed make mistakes. They made the mistake of giving all their care to you instead of the less fortunate parts of the world. They made the mistake of not drowning you at birth instead of allowing you to get fat and float on your flood of crocodile tears.

I dont really think that propaganda made for the purpose to discourge pot is really that bad, even if you don't become homeless, it still is a health issue, and it is illegal.  yes i agree that it is brainwashing (it has throughly convinced me) but is this really bad??

From what I've read, it seems a lot of people believe that William Randolph Hearst was the leader of the campaign to create public fear and hysteria about marijuana. I have read a couple of rationalizations as to why he would do so: one is that as a stakeholder in DuPont, he viewed hemp fibre as a competitor to synthetic fibres that he stood to earn money from. A second is that as a stakeholder in forestry, he viewed hemp fibre as a competitor to wood pulp.

Is it bad that marijuana has been demonized? Quite possibly.

Hemp is a useful plant for reasons that go beyond producing marijuana. Hemp produces high-quality natural fibre that is useful for paper and cloth. And I have read that hemp is almost unrivalled in its ability to generate biomass quickly. While forests take years to replenish themselves after being harvested, hemp is an annual plant. In short, banning marijuana has deprived us of a plant that could potentially be put to great use and reduce our overuse of our forests.

-kimmy

if you smoked 15 joints a day for 15 years,it will cause mental illness! 

2 replies to this comment,

1- I guess that would depend on what you smoke as not all pot is the same potency

2- Can you cite a source for this information???

i know for a fact,that the stuff is dangerous and should never be legal! 

See reply above.

the pot is stronger now, 

See reply #1 above.

As an addendum to that, some of the pot out there right now is crap. No potency whatsoever.

so if anyone is brain washed it is the people of this generation!   

Interesting that you have the absolute answer, when as far as medical science is concerned, the jury is still out.

I guess you must have a background in medical research. Please post your qualifications for us.

if you smoked 15 joints a day for 15 years,it will cause mental illness

WRONG!!!!!!!

I have been smoking pot since I was 15, and am now 31.

I don't have mental illness, in fact I was part of a study last year in Hamilton at MacMaster U, and I have an IQ that places me in th top 5%.

I have a 5 year old that went through testing for school, and he has an IQ = to a 8/9 year old.

So I think your statement unfounded. Where's your proof?

if you smoked 15 joints a day for 15 years,it will cause mental illness

WRONG!!!!!!!

I have been smoking pot since I was 15, and am now 31.

I don't have mental illness, in fact I was part of a study last year in Hamilton at MacMaster U, and I have an IQ that places me in th top 5%.

I have a 5 year old that went through testing for school, and he has an IQ = to a 8/9 year old.

So I think your statement unfounded. Where's your proof?

Smoking too much pot only causes an inability to spell correctly the names of Ontario universities and make unverifiable, self-promoting IQ claims.

and 'google searches' constitute factual research? i wish i knew this when i was at school...

about a year ago i saw the dean of the harvard medical school indicating that research into the addictiveness of marijuana indicated that it was about as addictive as coffee. reason enough to be concerned, i guess! of course, i have not been able to find the quote on a 'google search' so it may not be true...

of course, as you have pointed out, i am from b.c.! and marijuana growing is our biggest cash crop!

if you smoked 15 joints a day for 15 years,it will cause mental illness!i know for a fact,that the stuff is dangerous and should never be legal!the pot is stronger now,so if anyone is brain washed it is the people of this generation!

I was mentally ill long before I ever did any drugs.

Matter of fact if we were to legalize all drugs and more importantly make them free. What would be the incentive for pushers to push?

Matter of fact if we were to legalize all drugs and more importantly make them free.

Pay for your own pot; geesh. I don't mind you smoking it but pay for it yourself; dont ask us older generation to pay for you younguns to party all day and forget to work.

I was referring to the really destructive drugs. But yeah everything from marijuanna, to education should be free.

Don't work all day, forget to party and then get on my case about it! :P

I was referring to the really destructive drugs. But yeah everything from marijuanna, to education should be free.

Don't work all day, forget to party and then get on my case about it! 

Oh yeah sure; Why not. Get real. Why should we responsible taxpayers pay the bills for a bunch of losers. You need to make some effort . You, want to party and let the rest of us pay the bills.

Marijuana for medicinal purposes is the only drug taxpayers should consider paying for.