Happy New Year 2005 To All

Are you having a celebration this evening?

Will you be drinking and driving?

Or are you attending an alcohol free event like in the Vancouver Public Library area this evening?

Or will you wait and celebrate New Year's on February 9?

What are your goals for the coming year?

Do you have any predictions?

I forecast that the mighty will tumble - in BC the Campbell Liberals surrounded by incompetence and scandals will lose the election in May, and the Green Party will not win one seat.

I also forecast Larry Campbell, Mayor of Vancouver, and a progressive slate will get reelected.

I also forcast there will be no federal election in 2005, PM Martin will continue to stumble, Harper however will not pick up the slack, and Layton will continue to have positve performance ratings.

In the US the 2004 election will continue to smoulder in Ohio concerning vote fraud or vote rigging.

Annan will continue in his role at the UN.

The US quagmire in Iraq will continue.

There will be more earthquakes.

Same-sex marriage will continue to gain support and will eventually fad from public view.

Canada's gun control will continue to inflame the few gun nuts however it is here to stay.

Pressure will mount on politicians to ban dangerous animals and some provinces will follow Ontario's lead in banning them.

The Canadian dolla and the Price of gold will be higher.

Basically there will be ups and downs overall however things will be more positive than negative.

Happy new year all.

Are you having a celebration this evening?
A small one, just me and the missus. After we make a great meal of Salt&pepper fried pork chops and Rice, I predict I will drink lots of beer.
To finally move from 'recreational masturbator' to 'Pro'!
Or are you attending an alcohol free event like in the Vancouver Public Library area this evening?
What the...? Sounds like a whole bunch of wallflowers, not drinking and not allowed to talk to each other!

May the new year be better than the last!

My goals?

Well, I only have one.

My goal is the same as last year's goal.

It is to kiss and make up with my uncle, Joe.

But first I have to find him.

He posted here briefly last year under the handle "The Baron of Banality". His latest address to the ML forum was March 3rd, and that's the last time I saw him.

I'm now in the middle of investigating Fleabag's tip that he might reside on the Rock.

I would greatly appreciate any other hot tips from my friends and foes here.

Just to remind you, there's a handsome reward for the poster whose tip leads to the discovery of his whereabouts.

SOOO, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?? GET MOVING ALREADY!!!

Thanks in advance!

Ru

I forecast that the mighty will tumble - in BC the Campbell Liberals surrounded by incompetence and scandals will lose the election in May, and the Green Party will not win one seat.
MS wishful thinking.
I also forcast there will be no federal election in 2005
I give it 50/50. Trudeau lasted 18 months or so. That's the modern Liberal benchmark.
In the US the 2004 election will continue to smoulder in Ohio concerning vote fraud or vote rigging.
WTF?
Annan will continue in his role at the UN.
What role is that?
The US quagmire in Iraq will continue.
As in, Basra quagmire? Northern Iraq, Kurd quagmire? What part of Iraq has a problem?

Central, Tikrit, Iraq?

And is it really a problem, or is it the "harsh Afghan winter/NYT/Robert Fisk" quagmire?

Since I just drove in freezing rain in Quebec, I think our winters are harsher and this makes for my personal 2005 prediction: the harsh Quebec winter will prevent Americans from a third northern invasion.

BTW, why does nobody say anything about Afghanistan? Or Basra?

Same-sex marriage will continue to gain support and will eventually fad from public view.
I wouldn't bet on it.
Canada's gun control will continue to inflame the few gun nuts however it is here to stay.
An academic study will show that Canada's low murder rate has nothing to do with gun control.
Pressure will mount on politicians to ban dangerous animals and some provinces will follow Ontario's lead in banning them.
Ontario Liberal politicians will foist the problem of regulating pets onto municipal politicians (but won't provide money).
The Canadian dolla and the Price of gold will be higher.
The price of a Big Mac will stabilize in the US and Canada.
Basically there will be ups and downs overall however things will be more positive than negative.
Huh? You mean the temperature in Celsius in Canada?