Gender Neutral National Anthem

Ginsy

19 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I was thinking so too.

Now I see the line was "in all thy sons command" NOT "all thy sons' command".  The former phrase means that instead of saying "sons COMMAND" with command as a verb, we're saying "we COMMAND".  Or rather, love inside of us... commands.... er... command.  Love commands... no, that's not right.  In all of OUR command.  No...

"In all of our command", would be better, still does not feel quite correct.

16 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Maybe a pointlessly contrived sentence that nobody understands, and yet everybody fights over is indeed the best say to capture Canada in lyric.

The anthem is stupid to begin with, torturously translated from the French original but with a lot of things outright substituted though unchanged in the French original. It was brought in to please Quebec, which did not like the Maple Leaf Forever, which was then the sort of defacto anthem.

Edited by Argus
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/31/2018 at 5:46 PM, Ginsy said:

"in all thy sons command" is now "in all of us command." I, for one, am excited. Thoughts? 

I wonder if the word "his"tory should be changed to persontory?  How about changing the word "Man"itoba to personitoba? Or change "Man"atee to personatee? Hey, if we are going to have to say "personkind" now well let's just keep going. It's all ridiculous I know but Canada is fast becoming a ridiculous place to live. Our prime mistake is doing a fine job of making Canada appear more ridiculous by the day. You can't fix stupid but you can throw them out. 

Edited by taxme