Why do folks offer such support to such deeply evil people?

This arises out of a MLW member quoting a deeply evil man, Henry Kissinger, and then another MLW member also quoting such a despicable, amoral, evil human being.

This goes some distance to explain just how distorted are these western values we supposedly hold dear. We all, with our actions, support an incredible evil and allow its existence. How does such an evil man get to be so powerful that people will actually think to buy his lies, to support with their money these kinds of Hitlerian values.

It's hard to even put this kind of evil into words. Kissinger/Nixon/Johnson/... should evoke the same kind of disgust as Hitler, Goering, PolPot, ... does. In point of fact, PolPot was a US/Kissinger associate. No matter that they had slaughtered millions of their countryfolk, though it must be remembered that this slaughter came after the US had done the same to the Cambodians and actually set the stage for the PP/Khmer Rouge slaughter.  

By Christopher Hitchens *

Harper's Magazine 
February 2001

President Richard M. Nixon and Henry A. Kissinger, who served as his national security advisor and Secretary of State, supported a right-wing coup in Chile in the early 1970s, previously declassified documents show.

But many of the actions of the United States during the 1973 coup, and much of what American leaders and intelligence services did in liaison with the Pinochet Government after it seized power, remain under the seal of national security. The secret files on the Pinochet regime are held by the C.I.A., the Defense Intelligence Agency, the State Department, the Pentagon, the National Security Council, the National Archives, the Presidential libraries of Gerald R. Ford and Jimmy Carter, and other Government agencies. According to Justice Department records, these files contain a history of human rights abuses and international terrorism:

* In 1975 State Department diplomats in Chile protested the Pinochet regime's record of killing and torture, filing dissents to American foreign policy with their superiors in Washington.

* The C.I.A. has files on assassinations by the regime and the Chilean secret police. The intelligence agency also has records on Chile's attempts to establish an international right-wing covert-action squad.

* The Ford Library contains many of Mr. Kissinger's secret files on Chile, which have never been made public. Through a secretary, Mr. Kissinger declined a request for an interview today.

One must credit Kissinger with grasping what so many other people did not: that if the Pinochet precedent became established, then he himself was in some danger. The United States believes that it alone pursues and indicts war criminals and "international terrorists"; nothing in its political or journalistic culture yet allows for the thought that it might be harboring and sheltering such a senior one. Yet the thought had very obliquely surfaced in Weiner's story, and Kissinger was a worried man when he called his editor that day to discuss the concluding volume of his memoirs (eventually published under the unbearably dull and self-regarding title Years of Renewal), which was still in progress.

https://www.globalpolicy.org/component/content/article/163/28141.html

Edited by hot enough

8 minutes ago, capricorn said:

It shouldn't be hard for you at all since you don't know anyone who is not evil. :huh:

Henry Kissinger gave orders to bomb anything that moved on the ground in Cambodia. You do realize that that is a war crime.

I hardly expected anyone to flaunt their appreciation of evil quite like this, capricorn. On a scale of one to ten, how much do you love Henry for the great support he and Nixon, both conservatives you know, offered to various brutal, vicious, right wing dictatorships who were torturing hundreds of thousands?

2 minutes ago, hot enough said:

Henry Kissinger gave orders to bomb anything that moved on the ground in Cambodia. You do realize that that is a war crime.

If you feel that strongly about Kissinger's transgressions where is your complaint to the International Criminal Court?

15 minutes ago, capricorn said:

I can go so far as to accuse you of being boring.

That's that conservative viewpoint kicking in. Can't say anything constructive about the issue at hand so it's back to your protective bubble.

You would eat this up if Russia/China/any other US boogeyman was doing this evil. Because it would then be within your bubble and the conservative memes would flow. 

On a scale of one to ten, how much do you love Henry for the great support he and Nixon, both conservatives you know, offered to various brutal, vicious, right wing dictatorships who were torturing hundreds of thousands?

2 minutes ago, hot enough said:

On a scale of one to ten, how much do you love Henry

Sorry to disappoint you but I do not love Henry but not for the reasons you think. I don't love Henry because being Canadian my focus is on my country's politics. You're all over the map which may explain why you don't make much sense on either subject.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, capricorn said:

Sorry to disappoint you but I do not love Henry but not for the reasons you think. I don't love Henry because being Canadian my focus is on my country's politics. You're all over the map which may explain why you don't make much sense on either subject.

Your country has been supporting this evil, the evil that you are too frightened to address - typical conservative dog and pony show. 

You could share that map if you had the slightest desire to become an informed individual. We both know that ain't in the cards for you. 

18 minutes ago, capricorn said:

I always suspected you weren't Canadian, maybe even from any country known to man.

Logic is not your long suit, capricorn. Such is the life of a meme spouting conservative. Are there countries unknown to man?

So the question remains, why do you support such deep evil? Why do you support such incredible liars? All they have said about Iraq and Afghanistan, Syria and Libya, Omar Khadr is a lie. 

If you knew the depth of their lies, the depravity of their evil, it likely wouldn't change a thing for you. Such is the life of the conservative bubble.

Edited by hot enough

4 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Because it is their "Charter right" to do so....even when it comes to "evil" Trudeaus.

We are on the same page as regards just how deeply evil US administrations have been since at least WWII. This is the evil that you love. Why? Supporting such evil is the same as doing the evil. What part have you played in the US evil?

9 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

"Why do folks offer such support to such deeply evil people?"

Because there's people in other countries who want to do evil unto us.

Nice biblical touch. That makes you holy, I suppose. 

That is all part of the big lie, the grand US propaganda. What evil did the villagers of Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, the Philippines, Nicaragua, Guatemala, ... want to do to us? What people have ever done anything to us 

How can people be so blind? You have to remember, the US dog and pony show has always been that the US is saving these people. You don't save people by carpet bombing them, napalming them, sending troops and proxies to behead them, skin them alive, "shake and bake" them, install right wing dictators to murder them, ... . 

3 hours ago, hot enough said:

Nice biblical touch. That makes you holy, I suppose. 

That is all part of the big lie, the grand US propaganda. What evil did the villagers of Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, the Philippines, Nicaragua, Guatemala, ... want to do to us? What people have ever done anything to us

"Evil" was the word you introduced. And those people whom you claim never did anything to us, they hurt themselves by allying with another super-power and playing the game of global world domination. See "Communist International" for more information.

They made a pact with the devil...

5 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

"Evil" was the word you introduced. And those people whom you claim never did anything to us, they hurt themselves by allying with another super-power and playing the game of global world domination. See "Communist International" for more information.

They made a pact with the devil...

You flat out lie. The US is the devil and that is easily seen in the historical record. 

You can't make claims to be a savior of the oppressed and murder tens of millions of people. 

How delusional can you possibly be? The US is coming off two major illegal invasions, all based completely on lies, I and A. You know it is all a lie.