Compensating Khadr

3 hours ago, capricorn said:

I colour you insignificant.

I colour you completely full of crap. You know goddamn well what I'm talking about too.

You're telling me you've never once cited Khadr's confession in the dogs breakfast of spew you've spewed?

I believe you've believed every single thing you've ever said against him. That said, I'm willing to give you one chance at a benefit of doubt.

Go ahead, tell me you think his confession was untrue.

16 hours ago, capricorn said:

I and other posters have provided relevant links earlier on in this thread. If you are so in tune with the facts of this case as you want us to believe, I'm sure you would have come across them if you kept up with this discussion.

http://www.timminspress.com/2010/11/01/canada-does-not-owe-omar-khadr-anything-18

https://www.thespec.com/news-story/2175585-omar-khadr-admits-throwing-grenade-happy-at-u-s-death/

Don't you read what other members post? There have been many media links on this subject in this thread.

He's appealing his conviction based on that confession-under-duress.

He was a skinny 80 pound badly injured 15 year old trying to impress other inmates that he was tough, and telling his interrogators what they wanted to hear - ie, trying to stay alive and be as safe as possible in horrible circumstances.

I doubt it will stand up to scrutiny in a proper court appeal.

Edited by jacee

10 hours ago, eyeball said:

Khadr has already said that he confessed and took the plea deal so he wouldn't go back to Gitmo, and he does not remember if he threw the grenade, but he hopes he didn't.

The appeal will clarify.

Edited by jacee

9 hours ago, eyeball said:

I'm willing to give you one chance at a benefit of doubt.

Oh generous one, is this to be my one "last chance"? The very last chance I have to get into your good books. I don't want or need your approval so I will decline your invitation.

17 hours ago, Omni said:

Yes. You.The case has been decided by courts. Get over it.

No that is again a total and compete lie. The case as to the doctrine of clean hands and public morality and whether they should have been applied to reduce any amount given to Kadr to a nominal amount was never put to the court. Stop mispresenting as if it has. No amount of dishonest spinning will change the fact Trudeau deliberately avoided making his reference. You can repeat the above 1000 times it does not make it a fact. Enough.

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

So your word isn't worth shit either. Figured as much.

6 hours ago, jacee said:

Khadr has already said that he confessed and took the plea deal so he wouldn't go back to Gitmo, and he does not remember if he threw the grenade, but he hopes he didn't.

The appeal will clarify.

How will his selective amnesia suddenly lift? Can you get real just once.

16 hours ago, eyeball said:

I colour you completely full of crap. You know goddamn well what I'm talking about too.

You're telling me you've never once cited Khadr's confession in the dogs breakfast of spew you've spewed?

I believe you've believed every single thing you've ever said against him. That said, I'm willing to give you one chance at a benefit of doubt.

What does untrue mean? If you are asking was his confession false- I can't answer. His lawyer claimed it was false only on the last day of his hearing and refused to allow him to be cross examined so based on the tactics his lawyer used and in the absence of his being cross examined the answer you want can't properly be provided. Your question supposes there is sufficient evidence to determine an answer simply from second hand evidence his lawyer provided which is a crock.

You want to pose questions and pretend you are a legal counsel now? Lol. Go for it. Gawd damn there is no shortage of lawyer wannabeez on this forum pretending to cross examine their foes. You guys are a hoot with the puffed demands. Lol. Last chance at a benefit of doubt. How legal and tolerant of you to provide him such a chance. Lol.

Hey, how about I have you one last chance to stop making me laugh at your last chance ultimatums. Last chance. Lol. Look I am sure Cap pissed himself reading that but I know I blew a  kidney. Stop. I only have one left.

16 minutes ago, Rue said:

No that is again a total and compete lie. The case as to the doctrine of clean hands and public morality and whether they should have been applied to reduce any amount given to Kadr to a nominal amount was never put to the court. Stop mispresenting as if it has. No amount of dishonest spinning will change the fact Trudeau deliberately avoided making his reference. You can repeat the above 1000 times it does not make it a fact. Enough.

I'm aware it was an out of court settlement. I thought you already knew this. I was referencing the findings of Supreme Courts on both sides of the border.

On ‎2017‎-‎07‎-‎28 at 5:35 PM, Omni said:

Well I've been to Saudi and Iran, and I worked for two years in Afghanistan. (hey that rhymes eh) I would have had a hard time calling mama since I don't have a number to heaven or wherever she is.

Yah I bet and you visited the prisons and spoke to the families of political opponents of these regimes and lived just like the natives. Lol.

Finish it Bwana-Sahib, when you travelled there, do you think you saw from the air conditioned bus window to pose like you do now? Save your vacation pictures Bwana Sahib.

Edited by Rue

4 minutes ago, Rue said:

Jewish, gay, a trade unionist, a journalist- hey man had an Israeli stamp on your passport,

My father was Jewish and I have an Israeli stamp in my passport. Forgive me if I didn't bother to read the rest of your screed. (hey that rhymes too, I may be onto something here)

1 hour ago, Omni said:

I'm aware it was an out of court settlement. I thought you already knew this. I was referencing the findings of Supreme Courts on both sides of the border.

Finish it then..... as to constitutional  violations.

1 minute ago, Rue said:

Finish it then..... as to constitutional  violations.

How many times must we go over this with you? He was held in what was deemed to be an illegal prison without access to legal council. That's the constitutional part. And I've already explained the illegal parts of his interrogation. Git it?

32 minutes ago, eyeball said:

What do you mean by real though? For all I know you think it means fish tank or turn buckle or something.

" The boy asked me what is relative so I have him an example and aid both his parents were and that's when he really got confused and said

said he would go ask his sister who is also his mother."

Rue 1213

Edited by Rue

34 minutes ago, Omni said:

How many times must we go over this with you? He was held in what was deemed to be an illegal prison without access to legal council. That's the constitutional part. And I've already explained the illegal parts of his interrogation. Git it?

Its spelled counsel not council legal expert.  The prison was not illegal. Its an inanimate object. The procedures used to detain Kadr not the prison itself were unconstitutional. They were not illegal. They violated the Charter not the Criminal Code.  I already gave you an article explaining the difference. If you can't grasp it and want to call inanimate objects illegal and spell council, counsel, knock yourself out.

Hey genius don't bother. A Gun is not illegal. Its own lacking a  license for it makes his possessing it illegal.

Yah I know you need some time to go over that one. No problem.

The examination of Kadr may have violated his rights under the Charter but that does not make them illegal. There is no Criminal Code provision that defines what is  what is not a "legal" examination.

Jethro I have already had my long talk with you.  Go talk to Sonny Drysdale.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

I'm assuming it's the opposite of true but tomorrow it'll probably mean elephant or rutabaga.

This is why discussing anything with you morons is so hilarious.

No it does explain your second sentence though.

Here I hope this helps you,

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/pathological-relationships/201212/fantasy-and-it-s-effect-your-reality

Edited by Rue

4 minutes ago, Rue said:

The prison was not illegal. Its an inanimate object.

Deemed so by the SCOTUS. Have you ever heard the term habeas corpus?.

5 minutes ago, Rue said:

They were not illegal.

Deemed so by the SCC. You can't interrogate a prisoner and then turn over the proceeds to their jailer. 

7 minutes ago, Rue said:

Its own lacking a  license

I think the word you meant is "owner". 

1 hour ago, Omni said:

My father was Jewish and I have an Israeli stamp in my passport. Forgive me if I didn't bother to read the rest of your screed. (hey that rhymes too, I may be onto something here)

Yah and you travelled to Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan and Iran with it. Anything else? Do you like doing this with me? Is this what you want to reduce yourself too?

Omni I am going to stop now. It's one thing challenge you when you are being  silly but it snot my intent to insult your family for any reason. For that matter I razz you because I think you deserve it for saying some ridiculous things but I am not going further. Please stop and  don't pose like you could travel to such countries with an Israeli stamp or a Jewish name.

Matter of fact, I was well advised ahead of going to Israel that I would not be allowed in there with stamps from both Iran and Iraq in my passport. I reported the old one lost or stolen and got a new one before travelling that far to get stopped at the border. No problems going the other way. But maybe you haven't travelled much.

5 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Go perch and rotate you fricken retard.

Now see that is anger. Its a destructive emotion. Ask yourself, what triggered the reaction. Are their more constructive methods to deal with that  anger?

You see how Omar got in trouble? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Omni said:

Matter of fact, I was well advised ahead of going to Israel that I would not be allowed in there with stamps from both Iran and Iraq in my passport. I reported the old one lost or stolen and got a new one before travelling that far to get stopped at the border. No problems going the other way. But maybe you haven't travelled much.

Horse crap. What you describe has nothing to do with travel and everything to do with you making the choice to travel and do business with bigoted anti semitic nations and seeing nothing wrong with it.

You just proved my point. If you had a Jewish sounding name you'd hide it just like you do the Israeli stamp.

You are a liberal extolling tolerance unless it inconveniences you and your ability to travel and make money

I don't hide what I am and I haven't changed my name or pose with a non Muslim name on this forum either. I do not hide who I am.   I don't travel to countries that have a problem with me being a Jew or having been to Israel because I have self-respect.

Thanks for proving my point.

You turn off your liberalism and tolerance when its inconvenient. You say one thing and practice another.

Is it any wonder you defend Kadr for only finding his Canadian citizenship convenient once he was caught.

Thanks for proving how deep your liberal tolerance is.

You have zero problems sucking up to Iran and Saudi Arabia. Gosh who would have thought.

By the way, this game is tiresome. You should also know for over 20 years people with Saudi or Iraqi  stamps haven't been allowed in Iran.

Yabba Dabba doo.

Edited by Rue