Immigration of religious fanatics

Argus

Well, we've endured months of thundering denunciations from every quarter of the national media of Kellie Lietch's suggestion we have values testing for potential immigrants, and it hasn't managed to convince Canadians. A poll taken by the CBC showed three out of 4 Canadians like the idea and want values testing. This is actually a higher number than a poll taken a while back by the Toronto Star. It's interesting that virtually 99% of all the national media elites are violently opposed to the very idea, dismissing it out of hand as bigoted and unworkable, and yet once again most Canadians disagree.

It just shows how incredibly out of touch the elites are with Canadians. And I include those in the Conservative Party, most of whose legion of leadership candidates have also denounced her and any idea that we should impose any sort of testing on potential immigrants. I do not, of course, have to even mention the NDP, or the Liberals. I understand Trudeau is currently standing at the Quebec border looking for future cabinet appointments.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/most-canadians-favour-values-test-for-immigrants-poll

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Argus said:

Well, we've endured months of thundering denunciations from every quarter of the national media of Kellie Lietch's suggestion we have values testing for potential immigrants, and it hasn't managed to convince Canadians.

That is because the question is totally meaningless. The question should be how much do you want to invest (ie. raise taxes) in improving the immigration system. This is something Leitch doesn't tell you about her little pet project, it costs money - lots of money, a whole hellua lot of money if you want to interview neighbours as you suggested earlier. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ?Impact said:

That is because the question is totally meaningless. The question should be how much do you want to invest (ie. raise taxes) in improving the immigration system. This is something Leitch doesn't tell you about her little pet project, it costs money - lots of money, a whole hellua lot of money if you want to interview neighbours as you suggested earlier. 

It doesn't cost that much, and she's already said she would charge the potential immigrants more to offset some of that. And besides, the cost, whatever it is, would be offset by us having a better quality immigrant.

On 3/6/2017 at 10:21 PM, dialamah said:

Other people's money?  Taxes are "everybody's" money, not just yours.   I'm proud of the way Canada makes the world a better place by helping a few people escape horrific situations.   So far, more Canadians than not agree with me and so we continue to help a few people every year.   

If and when enough people agree with you that Canada should not accept refugees and elect a Canadian Trump, you'll have your wish.  

It has nothing to do with trump. And conservatives are not the me first people,they are the only people that are afraid of where canada is heading. Change is coming to fast and people are now getting worried. The fabric of the country is changing and killing the canadian culture. (Yes we do have one). We all want to help people in NEED. Not just people looking for a better deal and every migrant that comes from the US should be sent right back to where they came from. Time to go after refugee makers and end this madness. We just can't bring everyone here. And because of all these changes , that is why the conservatives will win the next election. Trudeau is not listening to the people.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ?Impact said:

Israelis do it for every passenger, wanting to fly out of Israel , flying out of every airport in the country.....everyone gets interviewed, and everything you tell them is verified by telephone, and if it is not exactly what your described it , your not flying....NO exceptions....in fact if it is not exactly as you told it, your in prison.....awaiting further investigations.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PIK said:

But we only pick one and it is up to us to pick the right one.

I'm pretty sure if Kevin O'Leary wasn't so defiantly liberal on all social issues, including immigration, he would sweep the vote, and then sweep Trudeau out of office.

• Like 2

On 3/14/2017 at 5:33 PM, Argus said:

I'm pretty sure if Kevin O'Leary wasn't so defiantly liberal on all social issues, including immigration, he would sweep the vote, and then sweep Trudeau out of office.

So true ,so very true.