Dear Muslims: f this, f that. Signed, douchebag in Calgary

msj

It would have been a lot better had the original poster made it clear that they were only referring to a certain type of Muslim.

It would also have been better if the response on Facebook had said, "we've got your back, unless you are one of the Muslims to which the poster was referring. If you are, we don't have your back"

Hell, if we all have to differentiate, why shouldn't they?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think about their beheadings, their sharia, their genital mutilations, etc?

Or is it just the method of getting the message across that you disagree with?

For me, it's the method. I don't agree with beheadings or FGM, or oppressive and discriminatory laws, but to me that poster serves no purpose other than to spread ignorance, hate and fear.

For me, it's the method. I don't agree with beheadings or FGM, or oppressive and discriminatory laws, but to me that poster serves no purpose other than to spread ignorance, hate and fear.

I agree. I wouldn't have put that poster up. But I do not believe in hiding from the truth. Like I said, I might have modified it a bit.

I agree. I wouldn't have put that poster up. But I do not believe in hiding from the truth. Like I said, I might have modified it a bit.

The truth?

1. FGM is practiced by both African and Middle Eastern culture, as well as other places around the world regardless of religious belief; it's not a strictly Muslin phenomenon. Certainly it should be eradicated wherever its still practiced.

2. Sharia law is multi-faceted, and like any system of law developed by humans, can be benign or brutal.

3. Beheadings are horrific, but as a public relations device they are effective. Especially when carried out by a white guy with an English accent.

But people don't want to think these things through. Much more satisfying to let their ugliest emotions and urges out, feeling justified and supported by their friends and rhetoric a-la people such as Argus and DoP.

The truth?

1. FGM is practiced by both African and Middle Eastern culture, as well as other places around the world regardless of religious belief; it's not a strictly Muslin phenomenon. Certainly it should be eradicated wherever its still practiced.

2. Sharia law is multi-faceted, and like any system of law developed by humans, can be benign or brutal.

3. Beheadings are horrific, but as a public relations device they are effective. Especially when carried out by a white guy with an English accent.

But people don't want to think these things through. Much more satisfying to let their ugliest emotions and urges out, feeling justified and supported by their friends and rhetoric a-la people such as Argus and DoP.

Sure, put all that on a poster and put it up somewhere. I'll support that.

Which white guy with an English accent?

What do you think about their beheadings, their sharia, their genital mutilations, etc?

Who is this 'they'? Men do all those thing, do you mean all men? Are you a man? Then I automatically accuse you of beheadings, Sharia law, and genital mutilations, etc. You are guilty - no discussion needed.

Edited by ?Impact

Who is this 'they'? Men do all those thing, do you mean all men? Are you a man? Then I automatically accuse you of beheadings, Sharia law, and genital mutilations, etc. You are guilty - no discussion needed.

I'm not guilty, but men certainly are. I have no objection to you saying so, here or on a poster. If you want to qualify your comments further, that's okay too. You see how it works?

Edited by bcsapper

The truth?

How do you propose that it be "eradicated" wherever it is still practiced?

Hmm... enforcement can be benign or brutal, but laws themselves can only be just or unjust. Men and women are clearly not equal before the eyes of Sharia law, there is no getting around that. Therefore, if one starts with the premise that men and women should be equal before the eyes of the law, one can only conclude that Sharia is unjust. To resist any implementation of unjust law seems like a worthy cause.

State sanctioned executions are bad enough when they happen at the end of a lengthy legal process which has been specifically designed to protect the rights of the accused. They are a lot worse when they are spur of the moment things by a band of angry villagers with rocks, because a lot more innocents are put to death that way. This is further compounded by the problem of if these executions are based on unjust laws. Putting a serial killer to death for his crimes? Perhaps morally ok, but most people worry about the possibility of the system accidentally sentencing someone to death who was actually innocent. Stoning to death a teen girl because she was raped and didn't want to marry her rapist? Beheading a journalist for drawing a cartoon you find offensive? A bit different.

Edited by Bonam

Appearently the World would be really boring place if there is no Muslims. People talk about "Muslims did that, "Muslims did it" all day long.

Thanks God, I am a Muslims alhamdulillah.

Hopefully, you're one of the boring ones.

How do you propose that it be "eradicated" wherever it is still practiced?

Education is one way, making it illegal is another. That is happening in some places in Africa and the Middle East, but its slow-going.

Hmm... enforcement can be benign or brutal,

Good point, I agree.

but laws themselves can only be just or unjust.

To some extent, that's perception. Prior to Sharia law becoming a household word, I often heard people applaud countries that cut off people's right hand if they were caught stealing. That's one application of Sharia law that some Westerners appreciated and considered "just". Others did not.

To resist any implementation of unjust law seems like a worthy cause.

I agree with that, but would we necessarily agree on what was just and what wasn't?

State sanctioned executions are bad enough when they happen at the end of a lengthy legal process which has been specifically designed to protect the rights of the accused. They are a lot worse when they are spur of the moment things by a band of angry villagers with rocks, because a lot more innocents are put to death that way. This is further compounded by the problem of if these executions are based on unjust laws. Putting a serial killer to death for his crimes? Perhaps morally ok, but most people worry about the possibility of the system accidentally sentencing someone to death who was actually innocent. Stoning to death a teen girl because she was raped and didn't want to marry her rapist? Beheading a journalist for drawing a cartoon you find offensive? A bit different.

I agree entirely. Doesn't mean the beheadings aren't as much, or even more, about publicity as they are about punishment.

All those things the poster mentions are terrible things. But it's addressed to Muslims, in their entirety, even the Muslims who are just as horrified by those things as you and I are. It spreads ignorance by implying being Muslim = doing horrorible things.

I wonder how a poster reading "Dear Men, F You. Cut off your F'ing Dick before you rape someone" would go over? Would we applaud the sentiment even a little bit?

Edited by dialamah

No doubt your states would easily create false/fake news even about me if it was really necessary for them. Your countries are quite dangerous areas for me.

You would be mostly safe, except for a few extremists who might call you names and try to remove your headscarf, if you wore one. On the other hand, your extremists might kill me for something minor, like not wearing a headscarf or saying something insulting about Allah. There is a difference.

You would be mostly safe, except for a few extremists who might call you names and try to remove your headscarf, if you wore one. On the other hand, your extremists might kill me for something minor, like not wearing a headscarf or saying something insulting about Allah. There is a difference.

Are you sure ? Your extremists bomb kids by planes in ME.

Actually I ve been invented to California before by an old friend of my father but I dont really want to be there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwbYCff92Fs

Only a douchebag would say those things.

Well, that's the progressive attitude. However, most people are not progressives. I've heard complaints about Muslims from just about everyone all through the political spectrum in casual day-to-day conversation. Some of it is a lot worse than what this person posted. Some of them are quite liberal in their belief in multiculturalism, and have even lived with or had relationships with Muslims. They know not ALL Muslims believe these things, but they also know it's not just a few, either. And nobody much likes the ostentatious way a growing number of Muslims insist on setting themselves apart from everyone with their hijabs and beards.

Edited by Argus

The truth?

Mostly Muslims, though, including black Afrcan Muslims.

Really? Which place has a 'benign' Sharia which gives women equal rights, and doesn't include stonings for adultery, death for gays, apostates and blasphemers?

Ha ha. Very funny topic, I guess.

Just because someone is a dedicated member of the Nazi party and wears swastikas and goes 'sig heil' a lot, that doesn't mean he's anti-Semitic, right?

Just like being a dedicated member of a religion which preaches women are unequal and owe obedience to men and can be beaten for disobedience, and have to cover their hideously lust-causing hair doesn't mean you support that, even though you insist on covering your hideously lust-causing hair everywhere you go.

No doubt your states would easily create false/fake news even about me if it was really necessary for them. Your countries are quite dangerous areas for me.

Yes, of course, because western news is all controlled by the Jewish elites. Only Turkish news is true and reliable.. :rolleyes:

Mostly Muslims, though, including black Afrcan Muslims.

Because the religion of choice is Muslim. 80% or more of Muslims and Christians in those areas practice FGM, especially in rural areas where there is little or no formal schooling. Even some Jews practice it, though not to the extent of Muslims and Christians. It is a cultural practice, not a religious one.

Just because someone is a dedicated member of the Nazi party and wears swastikas and goes 'sig heil' a lot, that doesn't mean he's anti-Semitic, right?

Fair enough, you are saying that Islam has rules that we don't tolerate so Islam should be banned. Ok, then Christians have rules, rules that Jesus did not change, that are equally vile. Lets ban Christian religion as well. Until the Pope come out and declares the Old Testament a piece of vile literature that the Church denounces then Catholics are part of a vile group and should not be tolerated. If you don't accept the tenant of freedom of religion, then apply it equally. When you put equal attention to the vile hatred in the Bible, I will listen. Each and every time you denounce Muslims, make sure you also denounce Catholics, Anglicans, Jews, and every other religion that has such vile scriptures.

Are you sure ? Your extremists bomb kids by planes in ME.

Yes and that is, in my opinion, unacceptable. Still they do not do so deliberately, and they do not put it on youtube to brag. While I do not think western military should be in the Middle East, I cannot claim they are deliberately seeking to kill and enslave innocent people.

Muslim extremists, on the other hand, deliberately target and kill innocent people, kidnap young girls to "marry", aka rape, and claim this is all part of Allah's plan. So, while I certainly inderstand how you could see Western military actions as extreme, I do not think they match the behavior of Muslim extremism.

You have stated your support for a Muslim Army and State, which is what ISIS claims is its goal as well. I do not think you support ISIS behavior, but I am also not certain you entirely disapprove either. Can you state, unequivocally, that you condemn Islamist actions that target innocents, even Western innocents?

Yes and that is, in my opinion, unacceptable. Still they do not do so deliberately, and they do not put it on youtube to brag. While I do not think western military should be in the Middle East, I cannot claim they are deliberately seeking to kill and enslave innocent people.

Muslim extremists, on the other hand, deliberately target and kill innocent people, kidnap young girls to "marry", aka rape, and claim this is all part of Allah's plan. So, while I certainly inderstand how you could see Western military actions as extreme, I do not think they match the behavior of Muslim extremism.

You have stated your support for a Muslim Army and State, which is what ISIS claims is its goal as well. I do not think you support ISIS behavior, but I am also not certain you entirely disapprove either. Can you state, unequivocally, that you condemn Islamist actions that target innocents, even Western innocents?

This post is full of logical contradiction. I dont want to discuss. I really dont have time to sit here and discuss or reply your false claims all day long. I have to write pagès of posts to reply that.

Thé solution is simple. You wont live with Muslims.

Because the religion of choice is Muslim. 80% or more of Muslims and Christians in those areas practice FGM, especially in rural areas where there is little or no formal schooling. Even some Jews practice it, though not to the extent of Muslims and Christians. It is a cultural practice, not a religious one.

You continue to believe the culture of Muslim countries is separate from their religion. It is not.