Whether or not there is God(s)

Altai

2 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Is the KJ version not also a "translation"?  Therefore subject to the same translating errors and deliberate spurious additions as any other translation?

People such as myself who believe the King James Bible (1611) is inspired do so because God promised to preserve his word forever.  "The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.  Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever."  Psalm 12:6,7

5 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Also, just curious, Blackbird, if you have ever investigated the history of which books were chosen for the Bible (and why) and why certain other ones, like the Nag Hamadi and other gnostic texts were left out?

It did do some reading on the origin of the choice of books but that was decades ago. The Old Testament is basically the Jewish Bible and the New Testament was chosen by the believers in the first few centuries.  By studying what was available and it's source they were able to determine which was Holy Scripture. 

On 13/11/2017 at 8:21 AM, Altai said:

a true religious person do not say that everything is a magic. We say that its impossible for being by coincidences and randomly

So I take a bucket of water and pour that water into a hole in the ground. It slops about for a good while, but eventually, given enough time, it settles down to form a perfectly flat surface. Then the true religious person comes along and says "Look how perfectly flat that surface is! That can't possibly have come about randomly, or by chance!"

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, blackbird said:

People such as myself who believe the King James Bible (1611) is inspired do so because God promised to preserve his word forever.  "The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.  Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever."  Psalm 12:6,7

Goddess, I feel for you. When a person tries to defend the integrity of a text by quoting from that very text, it's time to accept that the horse is dead, and to stop flogging it.

On 17/09/2016 at 1:35 PM, Altai said:

I said the sky is blue and blue is a beautiful color which has various benefits on human and God especially chose this color to design sky.

It's not very fair, though, is it? I mean, everyone can enjoy the sky: bad guys and good guys alike. It would be fairer for God to reserve a blue sky for heaven, wouldn't it? And presumably a horrible brown one for hell. Then the earthly sky could just be a neutral grey.

Oh, wait a minute: I grew up in Britain, where the sky is often grey. One reason I live in Croatia is that the sky here is much more often blue. Does that mean that God favours the residents of Croatia over those villains who live in Britain?

4 hours ago, Antares said:

So people without internet access are less likely to be saved?

No.  I don't think it depends on internet access.

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved"  Romans 10:13

"He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."  John 3:36

The King James Bible (1611) may be purchased or may be read on the internet.  A good website for the KJV online is:  https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/

There is scriptural verses for the doctrine that salvation originates by God's election.

Exodus 33:19 - And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.   (Verses like Exodus 33:19)

Romans 9:16 - So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.   (Verses like Romans 9:16)

Romans 9:18-19 - Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?   (Verses like Romans 9:18)

Exodus 34:6-7 - And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.   (Verses like Exodus 34:6)

Isaiah 27:11 - When the boughs thereof are withered, they shall be broken off: the women come, and set them on fire: for it is a people of no understanding: therefore he that made them will not have mercy on them, and he that formed them will shew them no favour.   (Verses like Isaiah 27:11)

Micah 7:18 - Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.   (Verses like Micah 7:18)

Edited by blackbird