Christian slays pet, where is your religious freedom now, dog lovers?

msj

While I believe all religion is pretty much a joke, I think msj is trying (pitifully hard) to make this a "christian" thing, but it obviously is not. msj you really have no argument in this case, but keep trying if it makes you feel good.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I believe all religion is pretty much a joke, I think msj is trying (pitifully hard) to make this a "christian" thing, but it obviously is not. msj you really have no argument in this case, but keep trying if it makes you feel good.

No, the guy is clearly a Christian and will claim the persecution card I'm sure when it comes time for proper prosecution for his animal cruelty.

The point of the thread is to show that people who can call a spade a spade when it comes to Muslims and terrorism can't do the same when an act involves a Christian.

All this twisted logic sounds exactly what the "regressive left" use to justify "not all Muslims" are terrorists.

Well, we know that.

And we know not all Christians believe in strange crap either. But enough of them do to make them a threat to dogs, to abortion clinics, to public policy, to my tax dollars as they continue to get tax breaks to proselytize their insane beliefs to the people.

IOW, they ain't much different.

Just a tamer version of crazy at this point in history but, as we know from prior to the enlightenment, Christians were THE crazy ones for quite some time.

No, the guy is clearly a Christian and will claim the persecution card I'm sure when it comes time for proper prosecution for his animal cruelty.

The point of the thread is to show that people who can call a spade a spade when it comes to Muslims and terrorism can't do the same when an act involves a Christian.

All this twisted logic sounds exactly what the "regressive left" use to justify "not all Muslims" are terrorists.

Well, we know that.

And we know not all Christians believe in strange crap either. But enough of them do to make them a threat to dogs, to abortion clinics, to public policy, to my tax dollars as they continue to get tax breaks to proselytize their insane beliefs to the people.

IOW, they ain't much different.

Just a tamer version of crazy at this point in history but, as we know from prior to the enlightenment, Christians were THE crazy ones for quite some time.

If Christians were murdering their pets regular-like in the name of the Lord, you might have a point.

Muslims are killing innocent people on the streets...just the bad ones, though....hmmmm....double edge there.

No doubt the Muslim world has more crazies for many reasons. Some of which is a lack of secularism, lack of education, allowing religious leaders to rule based on religious texts rather than secular leaders rules based on constitutions etc.

Doesn't mean that similar principles are not at work here though.

For those Christians who do take seriously the virgin birth, holy trinity, Eucharist etc (and there are millions in North America who do take this seriously) it is not a far distance to get to crazy town when your world view is already based on crazy.

That is, there is less difference and more similarities between deeply religious people of any faith and this should concern us.

Even if it was because of his religion. Better it be animals than people.

The point of this thread is not to discuss Christianity, apparently....but, rather to show folks like you and I what hypocrites we are. You know, if it wasn't for you and I and a few other anti-social types, Islam would be blending seamlessly with our society.

The point of this thread is not to discuss Christianity, apparently....but, rather to show folks like you and I what hypocrites we are. You know, if it wasn't for you and I and a few other anti-social types, Islam would be blending seamlessly with our society.

This is a discussion forum so anything that comes up in the discussion can be discussed.

I find it interesting that even non-religious people like you will rally behind the "regressive left" ideals to protect Christianity from this apparent crazy intruder (I.e. not a real Christian).

It's odd.

This is a discussion forum so anything that comes up in the discussion can be discussed.

I find it interesting that even non-religious people like you will rally behind the "regressive left" ideals to protect Christianity from this apparent crazy intruder (I.e. not a real Christian).

It's odd.

I've been blown-up by the IRA. That about as Christian crazy as they get and they STILL didn't do it for God.

I've been blown-up by the IRA. That about as Christian crazy as they get and they STILL didn't do it for God.

Hey, I was shot at by the IRA. Lucky for all you on here, they missed!

Let's put it this way: I agree with Sam Harris when it comes to recognizing the importance of belief and its effect/affect on behaviour.

Someone who self-identifies as a Christian who then behaves in a way that is concistent with his beliefs of the Bible qualifies (even though only "real Christians" rely upon an interpretation of the New Testament because we all know Christians never focus on Old Testament stuff like the 10 commandments etc. Oh and those Christian creationists? Obviously Jews given their focus on Genesis - the first book of the Old Testament).

In the case of Muslims and violence, you have widespread violence by religious fanatics citing their faith as their justification, and you have at least some number of Muslim leaders and scholars preaching that yes, there's a duty to fight to spread the faith and kill the khufar.

In the case of this guy, you have a grand total of one incident of a Christian who did this. You have a grand total of zero Christian pastors or theologans contending that burning your pets is the way to repent. There's the fundamental difference between the two.

If you wanted to highlight the "no true Scotsman" thinking, you could have picked the guy who attacked Planned Parenthood in Colorado, who cited his religious beliefs as the reason. You could have picked the Westboro Baptist Church, who have all of their positions grounded solidly in scripture. Those are a couple of examples that do get Christians coming out of the woodwork to say "those aren't real Christians!"

-k

Are we really trying to make a link between a religious person who killed a dog and Islamic terrorism?

i would agree that the more truly religious you are the less likely you are to be very intelligent, but how much more likely does that mean it is you will kill a dog for the reason this person did? Probably not a lot. Then again being one of a member of a religion of a billion people where violence against those you see as your oppressors, or simply against non believers, is at least occasionally, and sometimes frequently preached, makes those results somewhat more likely, and the results do speak for themselves, at least for those who are honest enough to hear them.