Christian slays pet, where is your religious freedom now, dog lovers?

msj

So, a man has killed his pet dog because his daughter wore a "satanic shirt" and burning alleged shirt was not enough to satisfy the situation so the dog needed kilin'.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2016/05/17/atoning-for-daughters-satanic-t-shirt-arizona-dad-sacrifices-the-family-dog-to-god/

Which raises, once again, the question as to why do we allow religious people get away with insanity because, J-J-J-Jesus? (Or Mohammed, or some other God).

To be fair, I would think he will be charged with something but will he be separated from his family for their protection?

Probably not because he isn't "crazy" because his Good Book told him to do it.

The sooner we recognize that the more religious a person is then the greater chance that that person is likely suffering from mental illness then we will find ways to improve society, no?

Edited by msj

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cruelty to animals gets me livid.

The man is clearly nuts. But did his religion make him nuts or was he nuts already?

These are the questions. The good book sayeth that thou shalt not kill....does that include the dog?

There are no animal sacrifices in Christianity. The guy was just a loon.

I tend to agree...it's not like Islam's Eid where the blood does flow....and dogs are unclean.

Edited by DogOnPorch

I can understand Xtians not wanting the sacrifice of their guy to compete with animal sacrifices but I will point out that Jesus was a Jew who ate sacrificed lamb at his own last supper ( or at least it is suggested he did).

I also understand that eating a lamb is different than killing a dog.... Although I suspect both are quite tasty ( haven't knowingly eaten dog yet so....).

Nothing in the Bible supports punishing a child by killing her pet.

She should have been taken to the city gates and stoned to death by the townsfolk (Deut. 21:18-21).

-k

So are we saying this has nothing to do with Christianity then?

I really haven't heard of any Christians committing animal sacrifices lately. This clearly isn't a widely held Christian belief, or even a belief held by fringe-movement Christians.

-k

A quick perusal of Hebrews (which is in the New Testament) I can understand how one could be confused into thinking the way this idiot thought (if I was silly enough to take such stuff seriously).

Though it appears to be a movement towards the "Jesus is the ultimate sacrifice" so no need to do animal one could interpret it otherwise.

A quick perusal of Hebrews (which is in the New Testament) I can understand how one could be confused into thinking the way this idiot thought (if I was silly enough to take such stuff seriously).

Though it appears to be a movement towards the "Jesus is the ultimate sacrifice" so no need to do animal one could interpret it otherwise.

That's the line, yes.

I really haven't heard of any Christians committing animal sacrifices lately. This clearly isn't a widely held Christian belief, or even a belief held by fringe-movement Christians.

-k

Well, allegedly one just happened so are you saying he's not Christian?

Or that he is not a "real" Christian?

That's what I'm asking and I'm quite amused that people who would rightly call a Muslim terrorist a Muslim terrorist shrink away from religious motivated behaviour because, Christian.

Very interesting.

That's what I'm asking and I'm quite amused that people who would rightly call a Muslim terrorist a Muslim terrorist shrink away from religious motivated behaviour because, Christian.

Very interesting.

I'm aware of what both scriptures say. Islam is an entirely different kettle of fish re: violence in its scriptures.

Scripture inspires all kinds of people to do anti-social things.

At one time Christians behaved like modern day ISIS in some parts so people seem to have no problem finding the scriptures they need.....

For example: would you take the kiddies to Eid slaughter to display your respect for Islam? As a non-Muslim, I'd be horrified. But to a Muslim....this is getting closer to God.

Edited by DogOnPorch

Religious freedom including animal sacrifice is a protected constitutional right in my country. Now where did that goat go.....

Well, sure. Canada is ripe towards showing respect for others' beliefs. I think Eid will eventually be celebrated here....just because they can.

Edited by DogOnPorch

I don't respect Islam, just as I don't Christianity, so I doubt I would put myself among crazies as they are slaughtering animals.

I also will not attend a bull fight, for that matter.

But I do eat meat and have no problem slaughting fish or hunting.

I don't respect Islam, just as I don't Christianity, so I doubt I would put myself among crazies as they are slaughtering animals.

I also will not attend a bull fight, for that matter.

But I do eat meat and have no problem slaughting fish or hunting.

How Canadian. Beer?