Nancy Reagan dead at 94 (let's try this again...)

Tributes to Nancy Reagan are flooding in....I forgot about the famous Beach Boys concert incident:

Beach Boys co-founder Brian Wilson

Sad to hear Nancy Reagan passed away. She stood up for us in 1984 when we were banned from playing July 4 D.C. Show.

Ended up being great.

What a strange sequence of events.

Watt tries to ban the Beach Boys (could they get any more bland) because, rock 'n roll.

So Nancy comes to the rescue!

Almost like it was planned that way or something.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still trying to figure out what on earth Hillary Clinton was thinking in praising Nancy Reagan for her AIDS efforts. Could she not have known this was one of the biggest criticisms about the Reagan administration?

Was she set up or is she really that dumb?

What was Clinton thinking ? She was thinking about how to milk Reagan's funeral for political advantage, but instead she stepped in it and had to issue a correction, digging a deeper hole.

“This is shameful, idiotic, false – and heartbreaking,” said Charles Kaiser, author of “The Gay Metropolis.” “There is nothing else to say about it. And she has been my candidate.”

Mrs. Clinton wasted little time apologizing.

“While the Reagans were strong advocates for stem cell research and finding a cure for Alzheimer’s disease, I misspoke about their record on H.I.V. and AIDS,” she said in a statement about two hours after her interview had been shown on MSNBC. “For that, I’m sorry.”

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/03/11/hillary-clinton-lauds-reagans-on-aids-a-backlash-erupts/

What was Clinton thinking ? She was thinking about how to milk Reagan's funeral for political advantage, but instead she stepped in it and had to issue a correction, digging a deeper hole.

This is shameful, idiotic, false and heartbreaking, said Charles Kaiser, author of The Gay Metropolis. There is nothing else to say about it. And she has been my candidate.

Mrs. Clinton wasted little time apologizing.

While the Reagans were strong advocates for stem cell research and finding a cure for Alzheimers disease, I misspoke about their record on H.I.V. and AIDS, she said in a statement about two hours after her interview had been shown on MSNBC. For that, Im sorry.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/03/11/hillary-clinton-lauds-reagans-on-aids-a-backlash-erupts/

Simply dirty politics as we are seeing from all sides.

Anyone see house of cards 4th season:).

Simply dirty politics as we are seeing from all sides.

Anyone see house of cards 4th season:).

Dirty politics is when you make something out of nothing, but this is not the case here, there IS something wrong with she said, that's why she's back peddling. Her speech writer is an idiot and in many ways so is she for saying the things she did.

This has nothing to do with dirty politics, it's about HC saying something very stupid.

Dirty politics is when you make something out of nothing, but this is not the case here, there IS something wrong with she said, that's why she's back peddling. Her speech writer is an idiot and in many ways so is she for saying the things she did.

This has nothing to do with dirty politics, it's about HC saying something very stupid.

This has everything to do with dirty politics. Hillary doesn't need to blame a speech writer. She's been in the game long enough.

This has everything to do with dirty politics. Hillary doesn't need to blame a speech writer. She's been in the game long enough.

So you admit, she said something really stupid. Then why is 'dirty politics' to point it out?

Isn't that killing the messenger?