Glenn Frey Gone

Wilber

Another one bites the dust. Bowie, Rickman, they are dropping like flies and I am getting spooked by the fact they are the same age or younger than me.

I still remember the first time I heard the Eagles. After a midnight shift in 72, a couple of us went over to one of the guy's place and listened to a record by this new group, Eagles. Been a fan ever since.

I agree with u about people dying at an early age and its happening were I live, people who I went to school with, many dying of cancer and I wonder how many boomer's kids and gr-kids are going to die of brain cancer because of the cell phone and other electronic devices. Hopefully, those kids will be smart enough to watch the mistakes of their parents and gr-parents and try to keep healthier.

Yet the Undead Keef Richards lives on....." We are going to have to start thinking about what kind of world we are going to leave for Keef Richards."

RIP Frey, one of the two main songwriters from one of the great bands of the 1970s.

One of the great bands of all time, I'd say. What's around today that's in their league?

The Heat Is ... Off?

(too soon?)

The Eagles are #1 on the list of huge bands that everybody else seems to love that I just don't like. Aside from the guitar solo finale to "Hotel California", of course, which is wonderful.

Bowie, Frey, Lemmy dead, yet Ted Nugent is still going. It ain't right.

The Nuge is 67, so if pattern holds we're stuck with him for 2 more years.

-k

Another one bites the dust. Bowie, Rickman, they are dropping like flies...

Many, many westerners were born between 1945 and 1960. They are now around 70 years or so. I expect that news reports will soon be filled with announcements of the deaths of many well-known westerners.

Steve Jobs was born in 1955 and as he said, "Death is the ultimate change agent."

Edited by August1991