1000 sleeper cells in North America?

Topaz

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do blame them, but do you accept that the West, and especially the US also bears some responsibility for keeping and sometimes installing the most brutal amongst them in power?

History is History, but I don't blame the CIA helping out the Shah of Iran when a blogger in Bangladesh is hacked to death. I wish they hadn't.

I don't blame the US delivering weapons to be used against the Soviet Union in Afghanistan for the fact that much of the population of Pakistan thinks the death penalty for blasphemy is a pretty neat idea.

I don't blame the west for those Muslims who think that the laws of a land should somehow be influenced by the laws their God supposedly advocates.

Like Big Guy I think it is a good idea to help remove the most brutal amongst them.

And with the wars on Afghanistan and Iraq we opened it.

These wars came AFTER WTC.

Osama Bin Ladin was a paid ally before he became an adversary.

That is simply rumour. There is no evidence the US ever had anything to do with him.

The Shah, which helped bring Iran out of the dark ages, was ousted by a US supported bloodbath

That's nonsense. The first thing the new government did was attack the Americans.

Saudi Arabia, which squelches Arab Springs and nonviolent attempts to gain freedom in neighboring usually US-backed dictatorships, and treats its own citizens, never mind foreign workers, atrociously, is nevertheless considered a friend and ally.

And are you responsible for everything your friends do?

Some Muslim societies are backwards and conservative and violent, but we can`t blame them for this; we want and have helped keep them that way!

Indeed I do blame them for it, for I believe in free will, and not some hazy international conspiracy. We are not responsible for their religious fanaticism. As I've said before, many parts of the world had colonial pasts, and some were treated much worse than the Arabs. They got over it..

And we have furthermore made it clear that non-violent Arab Springs will be tolerated only if the West has vetted and approved whomever they want to replace our dictator with.

How did we do that?

The old terrorists will eventually die off. I maintain that the best way to fight terrorism is to stop creating new ones. I put my body where my mouth is.

Pacifism is not going to work with the likes of ISIS and Al Qaeada. It's naive to even think it might. The only thing which will crush them is military might.

Better to be right and alone than be wrong and with a crowd. Ok, I realise that saying sounds very lame in English but you get the idea and perhaps there is a better worded saying to the same effect.

That is however my feelings on the subject. You were warned and by you I mean all of us both in North-America and in Western-Europe but people were too busy with their naive refugees welcome-banners.

Better to be right and alone than be wrong and with a crowd. Ok, I realise that saying sounds very lame in English but you get the idea and perhaps there is a better worded saying to the same effect.

That is however my feelings on the subject. You were warned and by you I mean all of us both in North-America and in Western-Europe but people were too busy with their naive refugees welcome-banners.

Lame indeed.