8 Weaknesses Of Federal Political System And Reform

By Exegesisme

Based on information from

http://mapleleafweb.com/features/house-commons-introduction-canadas-premier-legislative-body

1, The Senate with its appointed members is the largest weakness

Reformation direction: Senators should be elected, and a strong Senate is in need.

2, The government which is responsible to the elected representatives of the people and must maintain the confidence of the House is the second weakness

Reformation direction: the government should be more regular, which means that the government should be changed more expected and more responsible, usually should be changed on term.

3, The representative function of the members of the House who are under acute party discipline is the third weakness

Reformation direction: MPs should enjoy considerably more freedom from their parties, the party discipline should be improved to higher levels, because it is out of natural law and case law tradition, weakens the republic ingredients of the political system, and injuries the dignity of these MPs, as the MPs are expected to follow the direction set by their parties' leadership and caucus — even when that direction is in opposition to their views or the demands of their constituents.

4, The critical legislative function, which is weakened and less refined and less qualified and then faraway from the largest benefits of Canadian people in long run, the education system is an vivid example, is the fourth weakness.

Reformation direction: refers to 1 and 3, the benefits of Canadian people in short run and in long run should be well represented.

5, The number and distribution of seats in the House absolutely on the population, which disturbs the formation of the root political structure and weakens the political influence on the community of a riding and forgets a riding is a basic organic political body, is the fifth weakness.

Reformation direction: allows the population of a riding waves in a range, pay efforts to the growth of the political leadership of a riding in the basic affairs of its community. I suggest to consider the number and distribution of seats in the House on an index which balances such factors as population, area, tradition, future importance and so on.

6, An elector, who has residency somewhere in Canada and not necessarily in the electoral riding in which s/he is seeking election, is the sixth weakness.

Reformation direction: an elector should have had residency for at least 5years in the electoral riding before she or he is seeking election there, this condition is key to improve the representative function, and in turn to improve the efficacy of the critical legislative function, and still in turn to promote the benefits of the people in the riding and the benefits of Canadian people as a whole.

7, A Parliament, which too easily ends prior to its five-year limit and is less predictable for the expectation of the people , is the seventh weakness.

Reformation direction: the term of a Parliament should be more predictable for the expectation of the people, which is the crucial factor for the people to promote their benefits.

8, Most legislation originating with the government, which weakens the legislative role of both MPs and Senators, is the eighth weakness.

Reformation direction: to widen the source of the legislation.

In total, Canada's parliamentary system should be into fundamental reformation for improving its efficacy to promote the benefits of Canadian people.

Edited by Exegesisme

Yet, the saving grace of a federal state is sovereign governments within their jurisdiction. In a federal Canada, an Ontario or PEI government can tell the central government to go to hell.

Tom Paine understood this: A federal State is the best protection for an individual's freedom.

Edited by August1991

Yet, the saving grace of a federal state is sovereign governments within their jurisdiction. In a federal Canada, an Ontario or PEI government can tell the central government to go to hell.

Tom Paine understood this: A federal State is the best protection for an individual's freedom.

I hope a system that all parts of Canada in the system have more chances to be powerful, and makes the whole balances on a higher level. We as individuals, need not only freedom, but also resources to help us to well organize our freedom for our most achievements. Now the second part is far from enough.

Edited by Exegesisme

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Sovereigntist
      Greetings everyone, it is with great honor and humility that I reach out to you today and ask for just a moment of your time. As you all know, we are facing the greatest economic crisis in history and it has become evidently clear that our governments do not have even the slightest idea of what to do. Now, there are many things which can be attributed to the present state of affairs, but there is no denying that poor leadership and corruption played a central role in all of it. National leaders need to take immediate action and work together to overcome this crisis, but unfortunately they are neither willing nor capable of doing so. The harsh reality is that global stability is deteriorating at an alarming rate and we are heading towards a complete economic collapse. So what are national leaders around the world doing to prevent this from happening? Unfortunately, our so-called leaders are doing absolutely nothing except blaming one another for a crisis they are all guilty of creating. The fact is that this crisis was deliberately created by them or at the very least made worse by their sheer incompetence. It is no secret that our governments are made up very largely of politicians who are either corrupt or incompetent. The only real mystery is how they have been able to hide their criminal activities from us for so long. But if this crisis has revealed anything about them it is just how quickly they will resort to lying and false accusations in order to cover up their mistakes. And what better way for a politician to evade personal responsibility than by diverting the public’s attention away from themselves? The unfortunate truth is that we have become tolerant of corruption and have forgotten that it is our constitutional right to not only remove criminals from office but, if necessary, create an entirely new government. The Declaration of Independence states “that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government.” We need a new government now more than ever which is why I invite you to read Sovereignty for free. Sovereigntism is a doctrine that aims to unite all people together, regardless of their nationality, to create a single State with a global government. I believe, as do my fellow Sovereigntists, that only by working together will we be able to save true democracy from corruption and ultimately prevent the impending economic collapse. There is still time for us to set things right, but only if we take action here and now. For Sovereignty!
    • By Hussain
      All over Ontario, people have been quarantined for weeks in order to flatten the curve and save lives, for the majority of places it has been working. Health officials are now saying that some places in Ontario have reached their peak and the daily number of cases are slowly starting to decline. However, long-term care homes are still at high risk and are being closely monitored to prevent a wide-scale outbreak.
      READ MORE AT
      https://www.youthinpolitics.net/post/leading-death-of-covid-19
    • By Hussain
      Im currently a grade 12 student who started an Initiative to Inform Youth about Politics and World Issues. 
      I started this podcast in the summer of 2019 after seeing the lack of attention being given to the Canadain  election of 2019. My older friends were not voting, and if they were voting, they voted without the proper knowledge. That led me to create this podcast where I try to inform the youth about world issues and politics, and hopefully encourage them to vote. 
      CHECK IT OUT HERE & TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK

• By Hussain
      I had the privilege of interviewing MP Mark Holland on issues facing Canada from Clean drinking water in Indengoues reserves, Coronavirus outbreak, Affordable housing, and Wexit Canada.
      You can watch it on youtube Monday 2:15 p.m EST 
      BUT What do you think are the top 5 issues in Canada?
      Follow me on IG @t.w.t_podcast_

• By Exegesisme
      A Simple Framework for Reformation of China
      by exegesisme
      Wen, representing hu, president, party, and cppcc, reformation direction, president, senate, and ethical hearing.
      Wang, representing jiang, zhu, ceng, npc, the state council, and judicial branch, reformation direction, congress, and judicial branch.
      Hu, study reformation of super meaning on English civilization for a new super meaning.
      Sun, study reformation of institutions other than above on English civilization for a new institutional system.
      Su, representing xi, study English civilization for a new civilization.
      The foundation of the new civilization:
      You, your love, your word, your meaning, your time, your space.
      Your family, your home, your property, your job, your company.
      Your friendship, your friends, your neighborhood, your community.
      Your government, your nation, your world.
      Your universe.
      Definition of your love: your reasonable desire, which can be communicated with whom you want through your established ethics.
  • Tell a friend

Love Repolitics.com - Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!