Who Is In Charge?

I addressed your completely stupid assertion that we no longer have a functioning government because an election was called. Perhaps you didn't take a fourth grade civics class or something. I don't know. But don't start throwing one of your tantrums now because you made yourself look like a tool. If you really needed to know the answer so badly, this website actually explains it on the main page. You don't even have to look far for it.

Here we go again, caught you with your pants down, cybercoma solution, lets insult insult insult!

Never made an "completely stupid assertion" that we no longer have an government during an election call.

I was /am addressing and contributing to an thread with the interrogative subject heading of clarifying WHOM is in charge!

In this pursuit, understanding protocol and other procedures help shed light on this subject.

Good thread started by Big Guy!

However, you and at least one other poster hijacked this thread into "Lets make an inanimate object the next PM of Canada contest!"

This is a freekin joke!

Considering the fact that the PM or any other minister has to from time to time sign a FREEKIN PAPER of some kind of importance to run the FREEKIN country!

But hey, according to a few posters here on this site, any mechanical wind up toy can also sign papers and make decisions.

WWWTT

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it when you have a complete mental breakdown every single time someone has to explain something to you that you don't understand. Please keep up the entertainment. You've yet to even recognize the fact that we've had Prime Ministers without seats in the House. Hell, for all I know, you're still under the illusion that we no longer have a government because an election was called. I'm sorry if you find it insulting that I call that stupid, but it's beyond comprehension that a grown adult who's politically active and votes in elections would think such a stupid thing.

Hell, for all I know, you're still under the illusion that we no longer have a government because an election was called. I'm sorry if you find it insulting that I call that stupid, but it's beyond comprehension that a grown adult who's politically active and votes in elections would think such a stupid thing.

Feel free to post the comment where I claimed we have no government during an election.

Why would I find it insulting that you can't read my comments? Not my problem you can't read plain English.

WWWTT

I have still, not received a definitive answer to my question. If an emergency occurs during this period between now and the election, who (how) makes decisions?

I have sent that question to a number of federal officials and am still awaiting a reply. I did have an informal talk with a former elected federal rep. He suggested that Canada is being governed by the bureaucrats under existing legislation - the same way it is always happening except that your rep is no longer your rep. They have basically quit their jobs and applying for a new job if they are interested in running again.

If a major emergency takes place that is not covered under existing legislation then the Privy Council meets to decide on a direction.

Since the Privy Council has been mainly used as an "honorary" rather than functional group I question their right to make decisions on behalf of Canadians.

Still awaiting a reply from our current government - I think.

I have still, not received a definitive answer to my question. If an emergency occurs during this period between now and the election, who (how) makes decisions?

Find yourself a school social studies textbook from primary grades, grade four or five should do it. Read it. It will tell you how our government functions so you can speak intelligently about it.

Edited by Argus

I have sent that question to a number of federal officials and am still awaiting a reply. I did have an informal talk with a former elected federal rep. He suggested that Canada is being governed by the bureaucrats under existing legislation - the same way it is always happening except that your rep is no longer your rep. They have basically quit their jobs and applying for a new job if they are interested in running again.

If a major emergency takes place that is not covered under existing legislation then the Privy Council meets to decide on a direction.

Since the Privy Council has been mainly used as an "honorary" rather than functional group I question their right to make decisions on behalf of Canadians.

Still awaiting a reply from our current government - I think.

Why didn't you read my link from earlier?

I addressed your completely stupid assertion that we no longer have a functioning government because an election was called. Perhaps you didn't take a fourth grade civics class or something. I don't know. But don't start throwing one of your tantrums now because you made yourself look like a tool.

Find yourself a school social studies textbook from primary grades, grade four or five should do it. Read it. It will tell you how our government functions so you can speak intelligently about it.

Sorry, still not interested in playing in your sandbox - but you are trying. Keep it up. Try again in 6 months.

Yes Big Guy, they will keep at.

If they can't on this thread, then they'll lash their frustrations at us in another thread.

Notice the similarity between these two alleged posters?

WWWTT

If they can't on this thread, then they'll lash their frustrations at us in another thread.

WWWTT

I dont agree with much of what cybercoma says, but at least his opinions are researched and have some meat to them

Edited by blueblood

The only one I can think of is we both appear to have a basic understanding of how parliamentary democracy works, and you two don't.

The majority rules on this site. Everybody knows exactly what happens during a writ period if/when an emergency arises. I stand corrected. You are obviously all correct. Please continue in the partisan mud slinging in this federal politics section and please waste no more time on this thread. Once I get a definitive answer of the process that takes over in an emergency situation I shall be the wiser.

You already have your answer so the topic must be moot for you. Thanks for your input.

On the upside, I understand China is a glorious place to live, where there's always someone in charge...

Healthy democracy too.

Yes, and I understand they have independent courts, and guarantee freedom of religion.

I'd like to move there.

More examples of lame comments that add nothing to this but to show how frustrated these posters are in their failure to provide links with difinitive answers.

WWWTT

The majority rules on this site.

How do you know these posters are not one person?

Sounds like you're letting these poster(s) get to you.

They have ALL FAILED to support their claims, and you think they rule?

I had a term, PISS POOR DEBATER, it's appropriate now!

WWWTT

The majority rules on this site. Everybody knows exactly what happens during a writ period if/when an emergency arises. I stand corrected. You are obviously all correct. Please continue in the partisan mud slinging in this federal politics section and please waste no more time on this thread. Once I get a definitive answer of the process that takes over in an emergency situation I shall be the wiser.

You already have your answer so the topic must be moot for you. Thanks for your input.

Am I thinking of someone else, or did you say you were a teacher? If so, I truly fear for our children.