RU-486 Finally Available in Canada

And that doesn't contradict WIP's point at all. It's the pregnant person's choice about whether they want to be pregnant for nine months and deliver a baby.

Which doesn't counter my counter point to WestCoastRunner that some couples make decisions about pregnancy together, so there are cases where the women will tell the man she is pregnant.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that doesn't contradict WIP's point at all. It's the pregnant person's choice about whether they want to be pregnant for nine months and deliver a baby.

Thanks, and it's quite a diversion to pull up an example of a trans-man (I think it's called) who used to be a woman and still has female reproductive organs. So, that man was actually the mother of the child (not the father) and it's still women who are having the babies when it's all said and done.

Which doesn't counter my counter point to WestCoastRunner that some couples make decisions about pregnancy together, so there are cases where the women will tell the man she is pregnant.

We are all aware of that, but when they can't agree on a decision together, then it's up to the woman to decide whether or not to stop a pregnancy early.

I used to be against abortion completely because I always thought there was a better alternative than killing a baby. I'm still a little apprehensive about abortions when you know their is a heart and brain, and I'm still totally against 3rd trimester abortions because at that point you really are just killing a human being. But, at 49 days to terminate a pregnancy, maybe it's a blessing in disguise.

Every time I open Facebook, I see this plethora of single moms. They all have about 30, 40 or 100 selfies showing them looking "hot", in the bathroom, at the bar, showing their tits, giving duck lips and...a couple pics of their baby with the obligatory tagline "the love of my life". I see this and I think of discussions with WCR and I think "yeah, lets start aborting".

Edited by Hal 9000

The transman may disagree.

A transman isn't a woman, you transphobic bigot.

Oh shut up! You probably never read past the headline of your story yesterday:

The slightly-built martial arts instructor made history as the first ‘man’ in the world to give birth.

Of course, as Susan will doubtless discover one day, there was nothing natural about it. Male seahorses are genetically able to carry embryos: Thomas’s pregnancy was possible only because he was born female.

He was in his 20s when he underwent a sex change and became a man. He never took the final step of having a hysterectomy.

He kept his female reproductive organs because one day he wanted to be able to give birth. And now he has — not just once, but three times. Susan has two little brothers: Austin, who was born just a year after her; and Jensen, born 13 months after that.

So, if your side trip relates at all to this issue, it's that the "man" having the baby is not the biological father of the child (as in the seahorse example), who has no say in whether to have the baby or not.

I used to be against abortion completely because I always thought there was a better alternative than killing a baby. I'm still a little apprehensive about abortions when you know their is a heart and brain, and I'm still totally against 3rd trimester abortions because at that point you really are just killing a human being. But, at 49 days to terminate a pregnancy, maybe it's a blessing in disguise.

Every time I open Facebook, I see this plethora of single moms. They all have about 30, 40 or 100 selfies showing them looking "hot", in the bathroom, at the bar, showing their tits, giving duck lips and...a couple pics of their baby with the obligatory tagline "the love of my life". I see this and I think of discussions with WCR and I think "yeah, lets start aborting".

Is this despicable misogynistic crap supposed to be funny?

Oh shut up! You probably never read past the headline of your story yesterday:

Really? You think I didn't know that the person was a transman, or that I think people can give birth without a uterus?

Is this despicable misogynistic crap supposed to be funny?

Says the transphobe.

^ Look I can do lefty name calling too!

Edited by -1=e^ipi