Unisex Public Toilets

Big Guy

There have been a few recent threads that have dealt with gender, nudity, modesty and freedom. I found some of the comments interesting and surprising. I would be interested in posters views on unisex toilets or restrooms. I have been in a few in Europe that were "enlightening" and "uncomfortable".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unisex_public_toilet

Would you use unisex toilets in public places in North America. Would you allow your 3 or 5 or 8 or 10 or 12 year old to use one without your supervision?

I prefer segregated bathrooms because women tend to squat and pee all over the seat.

I've peed in urinals with women in the bathroom (once at the airport near Amsterdam when the cleaner came in and cleaned the urinals around me, once in Saigon airport too).

It was not an issue at all given that we were adults acting like adults.

As for kids, parents should always be present so the little ones don't act like children or act like adult women who pee all over seats....

There was a time when I worked in a bar/restaurant and as newest/lowest person there I had to clean the washrooms.

The women's was always worse than the men's.

Always.

I raised two boys and a girl and that experience leaves me wondering how that could possibly be the case. Strangely enough my daughter couldn't aim at and hit a baseball to save her life.

Children I understand.

For adults, I don't.

I suspect it is some kind of domino effect: if one woman gets messy and pees all over the seat and floor then its game over and all hell breaks loose.

Men are their usual sloppy selves but generally it was little more than some pee on the floor when they dripped and missed the urinal.

Now days we have bulls eyes and off-centre flys to aim at so its probably getting better.

Really? No unisex bathrooms because one sex supposedly makes a bigger mess than the other? That's where we're at with this?

Sorry transgendered people. It's just too f'ing bad using public facilities is such a clusterf'ck for you, but one sex makes a bigger mess than the other, so we need to maintain our crystal clean male bathrooms for hygienic purposes.

Edited by cybercoma

There was a time when I worked in a bar/restaurant and as newest/lowest person there I had to clean the washrooms.

The women's was always worse than the men's.

Always.

Back in the day when full service gas stations were actually full service, I worked in a few. One of the duties was washroom cleaning and you are 100% correct. Unless some drunk had puked all over the mens, the womens can was always the worst.

Really? No unisex bathrooms because one sex supposedly makes a bigger mess than the other? That's where we're at with this?

Sorry transgendered people. It's just too f'ing bad using public facilities is such a clusterf'ck for you, but one sex makes a bigger mess than the other, so we need to maintain our crystal clean male bathrooms for hygienic purposes.

I did not say that.

Caitlyn Jenner can use the women's all she likes.

If she wants to use the men's then that would be fine as long as she cleans up her mess.

So really my preference would be to keep the messy people out period and otherwise it doesn't matter.