Unions, centre-left interests start anti-Harper Ad Campaign

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. Peoples demand for goods and services create the conditions which make corporations possible.

People's demands change when they see the kinds of products and services the corporations offer. The conditions are entirely created by the corporations. As are the ensuing jobs.

Big corporations with ultra-rich owners and stock holders are the ones running this global economy and some leaders of some countries are in bed with them, so the unions are the only way of fighting for fair wages, work conditions etc. This Conservative party have shown over and over again they don't like unions. When the Tories open their books, through the internal economy board, that's such a secret, then maybe the unions will talk.

People take jobs that corporations offer because the corporations create the conditions that make the job and the money that comes from it possible.

The corporations create the conditions, do they?

So tell me, when are they going to set up shop in Somalia? After all, it's the corporations that create the conditions for jobs to exist in the first place.

People's demands change when they see the kinds of products and services the corporations offer. The conditions are entirely created by the corporations. As are the ensuing jobs.

Demand is entirely created by corporations is it? This is so far from reality that i have to assume you're trolling because you can't possibly be serious with this crap. Corporations create the demand. lmfao. Why don't you tell that the myraid startups that don't make it every year. Edited by cybercoma

I want you to read what he said, and then what you said, and tell me who's point that proves.

Corporations create demand. Businesses fail because there's no demand for what they're offering.

I dunno. You'd think if the business could just create demand they wouldn't be going out of business.

Fair wages topaz, are you kidding me. The unions have gone over the top and need to be happy with what they have. We need to get back where people earned what they have. I work hard for what I have and am very happy not having everything ,but yet surrounded by government and hydro workers living large and some of them doing very little. Especially when it comes to hydro. And for anyone to say the middle class is struggling, if they are that is because they screwed up ,not the government.

Corporations do not produce jobs? How then do employees sell corporations their labour. You know that's what a job is.

I've heard all these arguments before, and we can argue semantics all day.

Fact is, corporations employ people, however you want to slice it up.

They pay them, whether you want to call it a job or selling your labour.

Most companies/corporations/employers dont create jobs, but some do.

Jobs are created by markets. You need a product or service, and consumers that are able and willing to purchase it, and jobs will be created. So which companies create jobs? Market makers.

If I start a roofing company and hire a bunch of workers, I did not create any jobs. I simply tapped into an existing market. The ammount of workers is dicated by the ammount of consumer demand for my products and services. I have created no new net jobs in the roofing industry.

Some companies though invest in innovation and will create a whole new type of product that consumers want to buy, and actually make a new market. In that case jobs MAY have been created, but to even make THAT claim there would have to be more jobs created by this new market than were lost in any markets that the new market may have displaced.

At the end of the day markets create jobs, and some companies create markets. Most dont though.

Edited by dre

Corporations can create demand if they create a desirable product. If they don't, they fail.

This is blatantly false. Many corporations are successful tapping into existing demand for products and services. You dont have to be innovative to be successful. Some successful companies are, and some arent.

This is blatantly false. Many corporations are successful tapping into existing demand for products and services. You dont have to be innovative to be successful. Some successful companies are, and some arent.

Both things can be true. Companies must anticipate demand and create a product or service that meets that demand.

Edited by Smallc

• 2 weeks later...

And here come the Unions again:

PSAC told the Star Monday they don’t consider the “Vote to Stop the Cuts” campaign as attack ads, despite repeatedly referencing the “Harper government” or “Harper Conservatives.”

Link: http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2015/07/14/public-sector-union-launching-anti-harper-ad-campaign.html

You won't hear much "outrage" with the attacks coming from the Left. That said, it's a slippery slope if government were to try to inhibit messaging by banning attack ads in some fashion through legislation - it has the very real potential to inhibit free speech. With fixed election dates, I might be inclined to push the spending limits back to cover say, 4 or 5 months prior to the election. I'd also really like to see each commercial/attack ad preceded by......The following advertisement is brought to you on behalf of "The Public Sector Unions of Canada" (for example).......not some sped-up afterthought at the end, or some euphemism like "Working Families Coalition". I think it's fair that the public know exactly who is sending the message.