List of MPs going...

If you've wondered who they are here's a list and the Tories, then the NDP have the most going....Tories have 28. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/42nd_Canadian_federal_election

You'll notice it's a ton of long-term MPs who are protecting their pensions: Joe Comartin, Ted Hsu, Libby Davies, Irwin Cotler, Gerry Byrne, etc. These people would be stupid to stick around until next year and lose 5 years of their pensions.

You'll notice it's a ton of long-term MPs who are protecting their pensions: Joe Comartin, Ted Hsu, Libby Davies, Irwin Cotler, Gerry Byrne, etc. These people would be stupid to stick around until next year and lose 5 years of their pensions.

You're like a dog on a bone - but not everyone falls into your careless rhetoric. Irwin Cotler is 74. Joe Comartin is 68. Libby Davies is 63.

You're like a dog on a bone - but not everyone falls into your careless rhetoric. Irwin Cotler is 74. Joe Comartin is 68. Libby Davies is 63.

I don't now why you think it's a bad thing. If I was in Mackay and Baird's positions I would have left to protect my pension too. It's just common sense.

I don't now why you think it's a bad thing. If I was in Mackay and Baird's positions I would have left to protect my pension too. It's just common sense.

I thought you were saying they were just after the money - so if I misinterpreted your post, I apologize for implying otherwise.

Politics isn't an easy gig man!

It's a battle getting re elected!

I've met a couple people you mentioned and they're getting up there in age.

I believe a couple people there are already collecting a Canada pension for crying out loud man!!!!!

In order to be an MPP or MP, you have to join an established top 3 in Canada party, then sign up at least 50 members that you can bring out to the nomination meeting to vote for you. Get $100,000 in political contributions to go into election. And knock on doors until the freekin cows come home!

You have time for that?!?!?!?!?

I can see if you already have an celebrity name with good contacts and wealthy but for regular folks like you and me and our next door neighbours or the people we work with, forget it! (I know for a fact in the ONDP if you are already a municipal politician with good contacts, and in other exemptions, the party will pull strings for you to help you get your foot in the door!)

This is part of the reason why I always go on about the rights people in China have compared to those in Canada!!!!!

I was at an ONDP provincial council meeting a few years back and my stomach twisted and turned when the election committee told the delegates that new candidates moving forward had to be pulling in money or they would be shown the door.

It wasn't the ONDP's fault that they were addressing the reality of Canadian politics, it was the reality of our political system that made me sick!

WWWTT

I thought you were saying they were just after the money - so if I misinterpreted your post, I apologize for implying otherwise.

Well, in a way, I guess, but at least some of them are protecting their pensions due to the changes. They would be stupid not to.

Dude, Ted Hsu was elected for the first time in 2011.

So are you saying it's an issue - or not? 4 of your 5 examples make no sense. Guess I can retract my apology.

An issue? As in a problem? It's not a problem at all. Just pointing out what I believe is the underlying reason for all of these well-known politicians leaving, in spite of the commentary that it means trouble for the CPC. I don't believe it does. I believe it's just people who stand to gain 10 years of pension by doing so. I don't think it signals bigger issues in the party, like others have suggested.

• 1 month later...

You'll never see it publicly.

They are underage.

I need proof from legitimate authorities. Anonymous is mad at the government. I have no reason to believe what they or those purporting to speak for them have to say.