NDP Make Big Move in Latest EKOS Poll

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your argument says that someone who makes $7 million a year is poor if they spend all of their money. I'm sorry, but that's beyond stupid. It's moronic even.

It is a moronic statement, for sure, but you're the one making it. It's certainly not what I said.

I was following the thread and it certainly sounded like that's exactly what you said.

Just another thread where poor Bryan is completely misunderstood, but won't bother to explain his ideas further. If I push him on it, he'll just say "go back and read what I said." What he said is clearly that you're not wealthy if you spend all of your money, no matter how much money you make. But now that he realizes how painfully stupid that argument is he'll just say I misunderstood it and never elaborate. This is the point where I stop bothering and let the discussion stand for itsels, so that those with the ability to think rationally can see how stupid the argument is.

What he said is clearly that you're not wealthy if you spend all of your money

Not what I said. I said if you don't get to keep it. Gross and net are not the same thing. You could be making big a large gross, but have expenses related to making that money that exceeds that income. You could have other expenses beyond your control as well.

Different people have different degrees of difficulty dealing with their given situations. That doesn't change the fact that one must actually be accumulating assets to be wealthy.

Hmm ... Well one thing's for sure:

If you're spending a lot of money, you're not poor!

Different people have different degrees of difficulty dealing with their given situations. That doesn't change the fact that one must actually be accumulating assets to be wealthy.

You need to be fiscally responsible to accumulate assets - and you can do that in any income bracket - but that has absolutely nothing to do with how earnings are used to define income class. You're talking about two very different things.

Edited by BC_chick

• 2 weeks later...

CBC reports today: NDP Doubles Support In Atlantic Canada At the Expense of Liberals.

"A poll released Wednesday shows many Atlantic Canadian voters are ready to switch from red to orange, with the Liberals' massive lead softening in favor of an NDP surge."

"Halifax-based Corporate Research Associates found support for the NDP in the four Atlantic provinces jumped from 14% to 29% in just 3 months.

"The poll shows supports for the Liberals dropped from 56% to 43% in the same time period. The support for the Conservatives changed marginally, from 26% to 24%."

............................................................................................

Taken together with Nanos' recent soundings suggesting Mulcair's NDP has edged ahead of it's rivals nationally, expect the old line parties to adjust their political fire towards the far left. The NDP magic in Alberta continues it's national reach.

Tom will never be PM.

I can't count him out. Trudeau continues to be a pathetic alternative to Harper - so much so that the NDP and Liberals may not just split the vote on the Left - he may garner a majority of it but just as importantly, a good number of Liberals may just end up sitting on their hands. That will prevent the Tories from sneaking up the middle. If the cards fall the right way, we might just find Mr. Mulcair heading a minority government. All mostly thanks to Mr. Trudeau. A good portion of Canadians were looking for a solid, trustworthy alternative to Harper - and the Liberals blew it again by chasing the shiny pony. All that said, the incumbent government is more often behind in the polls - especially after 10 years - but people only start being serious a couple of months before the election. It will indeed be interesting.

Edited by Keepitsimple

Not what I said. I said if you don't get to keep it. Gross and net are not the same thing. You could be making big a large gross, but have expenses related to making that money that exceeds that income. You could have other expenses beyond your control as well.

What the hell are you even talking about?

Your "income" is calculated by subtracting those expenses from gross. If youre expenses approach your gross then you dont HAVE a big income.

Good grief.

It's a huge upward trend for the NDP thee, though ... a wave ... :)

I think people are seeing Mulcair as a better bet than Trudeau both for getting rid of Harper, and as PM.

Globe and Mail:

mulcair-poised-for-clear-shot-at-prime-minister-as-ndp-surges-in-polls

:D

The NDP will never govern Alberta....

Tom will never be PM.

Ya there's this thing called polls and trends.

Check out my status update.

Clear movement towards an NDP federal majority government!

Ahhh but you guys still have your good old opinions.

At least one of you guys understand how these things work.

WWWTT

edited to add I'm not sure if I should be adding cybercoma into this because he's always making sarcastic comments and this makes it difficult to gauge his opinion from time to time.

Edited by WWWTT