Canadian tax money heading south

Topaz

The Export Development Canada is giving out 526 Mil. to Volkswagen to expand in the US and Mexico??? UNIFOR is asking MP Moore.....why?? There is no guarantee for jobs here. http://www.squamishchief.com/union-condemns-crown-agency-for-lending-volkswagen-526-million-1.1864951

TO: James Moore, Stephen Harper

It has come to my attention that you are sending Canadians' tax money to fund Volkswagen' s costs out of the country, with no indication that it will benefit Canadians at all.

It's obvious that you can't be trusted to use Canadians' hard earned money for our benefit ... IE, you can't do the job we pay you to do.

Some of that is my money.

I want it back.

$30 should cover it.

J

TO: James Moore, Stephen Harper

It has come to my attention that you are sending Canadians' tax money to fund Volkswagen' s costs out of the country, with no indication that it will benefit Canadians at all.

It's obvious that you can't be trusted to use Canadians' hard earned money for our benefit ... IE, you can't do the job we pay you to do.

Some of that is my money.

I want it back.

$30 should cover it.

J

Not to mention most of NA's VWs are made in either Germany or Mexico. That money does not benefit the US either. So it's an even bigger WTF.

The auto industry is global. Trying to artificially force any part of it to remain local will only drive it away. Canadian companies make a lot of auto parts, up to and including building full cars, for many foreign automakers. This includes making them in Europe. Because of that, anything that benefits the overall auto manufacturing sector, benefits Canadian manufacturing.

The auto industry is global. Trying to artificially force any part of it to remain local will only drive it away. Canadian companies make a lot of auto parts, up to and including building full cars, for many foreign automakers. This includes making them in Europe. Because of that, anything that benefits the overall auto manufacturing sector, benefits Canadian manufacturing.

Only with a guarantee of purchasing here. Our $526m went to Mexico with no such assurance.

Only with a guarantee of purchasing here. Our $526m went to Mexico with no such assurance.

The guarantee is the interest on the loan. The overall health of the auto sector is a benefit for all. Canada already supplies parts for many cars not made in Canada, and they do that without anyone being bound to do so.

Thank God GM is laying off 1,000 workers at Oshawa!

That should create more work in Canada according to conservative math!

WWWTT

Thank God GM is laying off 1,000 workers at Oshawa!

That should create more work in Canada according to conservative math!

WWWTT

And Honda investing almost $1 billion in the Alliston plant. Huge new contract to make all of the CRVs for Europe. Not only are they hiring, but so are the 1500 suppliers they use.

Unlike most lefties, conservatives can actually do the math on that one.

And Honda investing almost $1 billion in the Alliston plant. Huge new contract to make all of the CRVs for Europe. Not only are they hiring, but so are the 1500 suppliers they use.

Unlike most lefties, conservatives can actually do the math on that one.

That's quite the "almost" 1 billion I've ever heard!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/honda-to-invest-857m-in-3-alliston-plants-in-ontario-1.2825806

What were you saying about conservatives doing math again?

Oh and by the way, why are conservatives patting themselves on the back for Wynne's government pitching in the 10% for?!?!?!?!

WWWTT