Another Trudeau Gaffe

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Down deep people know they are going to vote harper again. No matter how much they hate him, they will.

I don't hate Harper. I believe he's never outgrown his paranoia with the media which he got when he was a Reform MP, and his too agressively partisan in all things. I also think he's ignored principals in favour of pragmatism too much. On the other hand, when I measure risk, that is, what harm he can do, he's a known product vs the clearly callow and shallow Trudeau. And I simply don't trust the NDP.

Exactly ,but his paranoia does have some merit. But again trudeau with his statement that they agree with all 94 recommendations, shows he did not read it or understand it. Again he is not ready for the job.

I believe he's never outgrown his paranoia with the media which he got when he was a Reform MP, and his too agressively partisan in all things.

I can't think of any lasting and memorable policy that he's put in during his PMship. Minding the store during a global economic collapse, tweaking and enhancing security legislation... really he seems like a long-term placeholder.

I suspect that the empty pie shell that is Harper was supposed to have a yummy filling: European and Asian trade deals, which he has been working on for years but has not delivered. Whatever is happening with those talks, it doesn't look like anything is coming before the election.

So you have to have some earth shattering debt building boondoggle to be a great PM. We have had enough of them already. And it is great to have someone not rush into deals that could tie our hands for yr. Like something the ONT liberals like to do.

I can't think of any lasting and memorable policy that he's put in during his PMship. Minding the store during a global economic collapse, tweaking and enhancing security legislation... really he seems like a long-term placeholder.

Providing capable, honest government is not something to be sneered at. Chretien had no lasting or memorable policy either, and he had endless money to play with. I would say Harper's habit of incremental change would make any huge, sweeping policy unlikely. I would have preferred he do something big in terms of reforming health care, say, but neither of the other parties seems to have a clue in that regard nor any desire to open it up.

Providing capable, honest government is not something to be sneered at.

Most definitely. Some would argue that the recent scandals presume a Liberal interpretation of the word 'honest' but ok...

Chretien had no lasting or memorable policy either, and he had endless money to play with.

I agree. Are you proud of Chretien's reign ?

Most definitely. Some would argue that the recent scandals presume a Liberal interpretation of the word 'honest' but ok...

I agree. Are you proud of Chretien's reign ?

Chretien was a crook and part of his 'reign' was a determined enrichment of himself and his fellow Liberals at taxpayers expense.

Harper, at least, has been better than that. But no, I take no particular 'pride' in it. Why would I? I'm not a member of the party. I have never in my life felt the need to cheer a politician or party, and have no idea why anyone would. I have never met or seen a politician worth cheering, or a party with the vision, intelligence, wisdom and sense of integrity which would merit much praise, including this one. Elections, for me, involve choosing the least bad choice.

Edited by Argus

Chretien was a crook and part of his 'reign' was a determined enrichment of himself and his fellow Liberals at taxpayers expense.

Harper, at least, has been better than that. But no, I take no particular 'pride' in it. Why would I? I'm not a member of the party. I have never in my life felt the need to cheer a politician or party, and have no idea why anyone would. I have never met or seen a politician worth cheering, or a party with the vision, intelligence, wisdom and sense of integrity which would merit much praise, including this one. Elections, for me, involve choosing the least bad choice.

Isn't THAT the truth. Shame it's had to come to that.

What scandals has he had that even comes close to what chretiens government did, or any other government for that matter.

Oh he has numerous, the In Out, the Shoe Store, The CFIA, the F 35, the Afghan detainees, and then there are those freaky senate appointees, from a guy who said he would never appoint an unelected senator. But oh he has surpassed all others by being the first PM to ever be found in contempt of parliament. Your bou is doing so well in the scandal department. So lets get rid of him.

Mike Duffy, Pamela Wallin, Patrick Brazeau. (half truths) Im sure Harper wished that were true, even more than you do.

(I suspect especially the contempt charge)

I'm really impressed by your exhaustive list, but are you sure you aren't missing a few rotten senators?

Oh probably. After all, Harper appointed 59 of them. The short list I presented seems to indicate his type of preference.

I'll help you out a bit - the worst ones are not just Harper senators.

Oh I certainly have. Are you now jumping the gun on the latest senate report...

Do you think that the Auditor General is an idiot? By the same token, if I'm jumping the gun, I'm just taking a page from your playbook in regards to criminal investigations.

Funny how the media has yet to focus in on Rod Zimmer with any intensity - the Liberal Senator who is reported as "retired" but in fact resigned (August 2013) due to "ill health" a couple of months after Duffy left the Conservative caucus over expense claims. Zimmer is on the hook for literally twice as much as Duffy - and like Duffy, a good portion of it is tied to housing allowance. Yep - $178,000.......and neither he, nor anyone in the Liberal Party has offered to pay it back. There's plenty of dirt to go around.

Edited by Keepitsimple