and just to further twist the knife: Even if the Supreme Court in all its wisdom, should overturn the ruling, the particular woman in this case will still

retain her justly acquired Canadian Citizenship. Thats because when she was sworn in it had been ruled by the courts as entirely legal for her to

wear her head-wraps during oath taking ceremony.

So she will be sworn in and forever after be a Canadian citizen.

All is well with the world.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We shall see but if you check around it's what is getting screeched. I do stand corrected it's 60 days and an issue Mr. Mckay is being asked to address. He has little power but he does have some say in that, it's called the process of the courts and the only function of our legal system..

Once an appeal is filed everything stops whilst legal minds discuss it blahblahblahblah

Further she must be INVITED by the citizenship committee. Also people are screaming re the influx of immigrants and potential extremists threats. Hard to say if anybody's going to become a Canadian until each and everyone is investigated to their underwear. Wait lets go ask the citizenship committee re the qualification of potential candidates. Citizenship is NOT a right!

and just to further twist the knife: Even if the Supreme Court in all its wisdom, should overturn the ruling, the particular woman in this case will still

retain her justly acquired Canadian Citizenship. Thats because when she was sworn in it had been ruled by the courts as entirely legal for her to

wear her head-wraps during oath taking ceremony.

So she will be sworn in and forever after be a Canadian citizen.

All is well with the world.

ahhhh r u married to her????? lololol u seem invested in an individual. This has zero to do with a person. Once again read...she must be invited, has NOT been, isn't even on the list and anybody who likes their job aint touching this with a 10 foot pole till this matter gets settled. The only thing all this crap will actually do is making it thousands of times harder for any other potential peace loving immigrants to become Canadians.

ahhhh r u married to her????? lololol u seem invested in an individual. This has zero to do with a person. Once again read...she must be invited, has NOT been, isn't even on the list and anybody who likes their job aint touching this with a 10 foot pole till this matter gets settled. The only thing all this crap will actually do is making it thousands of times harder for any other potential peace loving immigrants to become Canadians.

Does one have to be invited to become a citizen? I don't remember that when I became one in 1987. I just applied, having been here three years, and aced the test.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just wondering if they changed the way things are done.

Does one have to be invited to become a citizen? I don't remember that when I became one in 1987. I just applied, having been here three years, and aced the test.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just wondering if they changed the way things are done.

Apparently. I have no idea if it's new I just got some updates on the petition and it had the citizenship process. They only have a few dates in the near future and they invite as dates come up. btw welcome to the country, way to go! I have helped new citizens study for that test and I couldn't pass it with out google. :mellow:

We done leave it on in a bank or driving a car. It's not the same thing and you know it.

He knows it but he too has HDS real bad and cant think straight and that is not a insult that is fact. Anyone that would sell out this country values and culture for the sake of getting rid a harper, has some serious issues.

He knows it but he too has HDS real bad and cant think straight and that is not a insult that is fact. Anyone that would sell out this country values and culture for the sake of getting rid a harper, has some serious issues.

PM Harper isn't a bad PM. He's fairly boring actually. Hasn't done really crazy like everyone said that he would. So I don't get all the jumping up and down that the left in general does about him.

An EKOS poll on immigration and "racism" in Canada.......in relation to the Niqab:

It doesn't matter what people think on this subject. The majority don't get to dictate to the minority how they can practice and observe their faith. That's why we have a Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

It doesn't matter what people think on this subject. The majority don't get to dictate to the minority how they can practice and observe their faith. That's why we have a Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

Did I suggest otherwise? I think though this is a clear indication as to why the Tories are steadfast in their planned appeal of the ruling.

Did I suggest otherwise? I think though this is a clear indication as to why the Tories are steadfast in their planned appeal of the ruling.

It's not a clear indication. The Tories should know that they don't get to violate the charter because it appeals to the ethnocentric nature of the much of the population.

It's not a clear indication. The Tories should know that they don't get to violate the charter because it appeals to the ethnocentric nature of the much of the population.

True, but they do set immigrant and refugee numbers into the country. I was surprised the number of NDP and Liberal supporters also opposed, not much different than the Tories.

I agree. Thats precisely why they are steadfast in their announced appeal of the ruling: Votes! it may win votes.

And Cybercoma is right. The tories should know better. But then thats the Tories isn't it?

The great charter of rights, what a mess that is. Gotta love something that takes the power away from the citizens and gives it too the non citizens. The end of a great country.

What specific "powers" are citizens losing here? How does someone remaining veiled during the oath affect you in the slightest? I'm legit curious.

Edited by Black Dog

The great charter of rights, what a mess that is. Gotta love something that takes the power away from the citizens and gives it too the non citizens. The end of a great country.

And in an alternate universe where this country becomes majority Muslim and Christians are the "out" group, you'll still be allowed to practice your religion, wear your wedding bands, read the bible, take Sundays off, put up a Christmas Tree, whatever, and not have to worry about the government banning it.

But I guess you would rather convert to Islam in that universe.

What specific "powers" are citizens losing here? How does someone remaining veiled during the oath affect you in the slightest? I'm legit curious.

It doesn't. I think the aspect that people aren't openly saying is they don't want women who insist on wearing the niquab, or any men who believe they should, to become Canadian citizens. Those aren't the kind of people Canadians want here.

http://100percentfedup.com/muslim-petitions-to-cancel-oktoberfest-in-germany-as-munich-police-plan-to-keep-refugees-and-revelers-apart/

no worries people, our laws can be adjusted to suit others beliefs and demands. Over rule the process on our courts?,,, no problem,,,,,,,but this is one of is THE prioritys of those that insist their beliefs be "respected"....baaahhhhhhaaaaa

ya I think that's funny. U can mess with our laws and our customs but oh my mess with our beer drinkers and there will be trouble. Sadly when people wake up and smell the roses it will be too late. I don't drink but I support peeps right to, alot of our own citizens will support bans on alcohol.

It actually is hilarious or maybe better to say hysterical.

"If you needed any more proof that the muslim invasion aka caliphate is coming…this is it: A muslim man put up a petition on the internet to BAN Oktoberfest in Munich:"

So, a single person starting an online petition is proof that a caliphate is coming.

Snopes addresses it here:

http://m.snopes.com/ban-oktoberfest-petition/

(Side note to Argus - this is an example of why we can't have nice things...)