Zionist bankroller, Sheldon Adelson, is hit by $40 million Irania

Hudson Jones

.... Are Israel and U.S. fair game and should be attacked preemptively because they have said "all options are on the table" and the Adelsons are calling for dropping the bomb on Tehran? No. Of course not.

Sure...go for it. Iran attacked Iraq's Osirak nuclear power plant in 1980 for far less. Iran helped to develop the idea of a pre-emptive strike in accordance with "international law".

Sure...go for it. Iran attacked Iraq's Osirak nuclear power plant in 1980 for far less. Iran helped to develop the idea of a pre-emptive strike in accordance with "international law".

Uh oh. There you go again trying to draw some kind of a parallel with something that you cannot. It's a bad habit you have.

Iran did not drop an atomic bomb in the middle of Baghdad. What we are talking about is your failure and other's failure to condemn Adelson for calling to drop an atomic bomb in the middle of the capital city, which is, by definition, a genocide.

They even held back because:

Due to last minute Iranian concerns that the reactor had been already fueled and could release radioactive fallout if hit, they did not attack the actual reactor dome, but the control room, research/centrifuge facilities, and the adjacent buildings. The targets were struck and the buildings were damaged, along with the plant cooling mechanisms. Two other F-4s simultaneously hit Baghdad's main power plant, knocking the city's electricity out for nearly two days. The Iraqis denied any major damage. The French and Italian technicians promptly left Iraq

Edited by Hudson Jones

Uh oh. There you go again trying to draw some kind of a parallel with something that you cannot. It's a bad habit you have.

Iran did not drop an atomic bomb in the middle of Baghdad. What we are talking about is your failure and other's failure to condemn Adelson for calling to drop an atomic bomb in the middle of the capital city, which is, by definition, a genocide.

Meh....Iran pre-emptively attacked another nation's nuclear facilities....but they screwed it up. The policy has precedent in the region. "Drop an atomic bomb in the middle of the capital city" is just ignorant drama. There are far more effective ways to do it !

Adelson has the right to say whatever the hell he pleases....no stupid hate speech laws as in Canada.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

If I may:

gen·o·cide
ˈjenəˌsīd/
noun
the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation.

I don't think the act of bombing a city would be regarded as genocide. I've never heard the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki referred to as genocide, or attempted genocide. I think the "large group of people" would have to be a significant majority of the racial or ethnic group in question.

As Tehran has a population of roughly fifteen percent of Iran, and a nuclear bomb probably wouldn't kill half of them (guessing here), I don't think it would qualify.

Edited by bcsapper

Agreed....but everything and anything is now elevated to the level of "genocide" for dramatic political effect. Won't be long before cutting off internet service or cable TV is considered to be genocide !

Yes.,, dramatic political effect. As if dropping an A-bomb is not dramatic enough. Get a grip.

How about massacre? Annihilate? Slaughter?

I don't think the act of bombing a city would be regarded as genocide. I've never heard the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki referred to as genocide, or attempted genocide. I think the "large group of people" would have to be a significant majority of the racial or ethnic group in question.

As Tehran has a population of roughly fifteen percent of Iran, and a nuclear bomb probably wouldn't kill half of them (guessing here), I don't think it would qualify.

That was a good bit of moral pretzelry. It would depend on the "who" as opposed to the count. If you destroyed the culture as the capital housed their cultural data. That would contribute.

I guess the Armenians appreciate your support for the Turks......

That was a good bit of moral pretzelry. It would depend on the "who" as opposed to the count. If you destroyed the culture as the capital housed their cultural data. That would contribute.

I guess the Armenians appreciate your support for the Turks......

The Armenians have never met me.

So to you then, the bombings of Mainland Japan at the end of WWii were an attempt at genocide by the US government? Hamburg and Dresden? The Blitz?

I suppose you are entitled to your own definitions of words, if you want.

So to you then, the bombings of Mainland Japan at the end of WWii were an attempt at genocide by the US government?

I will say that the continued existence of the mainland Japanese culture was of zero importance to the US gov't.

To follow that if a nuclear detonation was set off in Trois Riviere (midway between Montreal/Qc City) it would not be considered genocide of the Quebecois?

If the aim of any action is to destroy an ethnic group then it is an attempt at genocide. In the case you cite, it would probably be successful. Canadian demographics are not a strong point of mine. I have no idea how many Quebecois would be left. However, if it was a hand grenade. it would not be genocide.

So obviously, the numbers matter. As does intent. I stand by my original post.